Thursday, March 30, 2006

Unbelievable

Is it bad to live for the weekends? Because right now that's all that I feel like I do. I just pray that the Lord will help me get through the day without killing someone. I mean, I guess I wouldn't really kill someone.

Today, during my 3rd period 6th grade boys choir, a mom walked in my classroom. I was so excited because her son is the kid who rolls his eyes and laughs everytime he gets in trouble. He is so stinking disrespectful. Today, I just stood and watched while the mom reprimanded and yelled at her son in front of the whole class! I was so proud of her. Poor thing was tearing up. She even said 'I don't give a rat's ass' in the middle of my class. I wanted to give her a high 5 but I felt like that probably would be inappropriate. Anyways, the freaking kid just sat there and laughed at his mom! I was so mad, so I threw in my 2 cents. I told the mom in front of the class that I felt sorry for her and that I have never in my life seen such an ungrateful kid. I went off about how his mother only works to put food on the table, a roof over his head and a warm bed for him to sleep on. It was great....but, as soon as she left, he was back to his old ways. I just sent him to the office. What happened to the good old days of getting whippin's in the office. I mean never in my life have I ever seen so many disrespectful kids in one place. It's bad because they actually love ISS and RAC.....because they are by themselves. Crazy.

So, last night I went to eat dinner at Eatzi's with my old friend Rachel. We went back to her apartment and watched LOST. It was such a good episode. I'm very intrigued about the next episode.
After that, my friend Natalie asked me and our friend Jeremy if we would help her with some video footage. Little did we know that we had to play a high school couple struggling with well...you know. So, Jeremy and played it up but of course LAUGHED the whole time. It might have been one of the most awkward things that I have ever done! No really.

Anyways, so, this school day is almost finished and tomorrow is Friday. I have never been so thankful in my life.....

3 comments:

campers said...

yeah, I hear ya....I LIVE for the weekends too!!!! I can't imagine how disrespectful your students are because I teach 2nd grade and some of the attitudes are awful! I can't imagine what they are like five years down the road! Hang in there! Not long til summer!

ThePoeFam said...

I am still laughing from picturing our 'sweet little Molly' struggling with "Well...you know!!" I love that you called it that.... Anyway, I'm excited for the weekend too. I just want to be in my pjs!!! Matt has lots of playpractice so I'll be there and home...maybe actually working on my scrapbook...evven though my bathroom could use a GOOD cleaning!!! LOVE YOU!

Britney K said...

You are HILARIOUS! Girl, you are going to make it! I'm praying you get delivered from that job! Only like 7 more weeks.