Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Buyer's Remorse

I just went into complete freakout mode.

I just booked 2 trips. One in May to New York, and one in June to California!

So, New York..I'm going with Sarah! YEAH! We're staying with our friend Luke...which is nice because we won't have to pay for hotel.

Then, in June I'm going to California from June 15th-21st! I'm going with Miriam, Rachel, Natalie and Natasha! We rented a car and will be driving up the coast! It will be so stinking fun! We're flying into Burbank...going to a wedding that Friday and then are totally playing the whole rest of the time.
So, we can make the trip cheap thank the Lord! It's a good thing I babysat last week and was able to pay for one plane ticket and half of the other! thank you Lord! :) But, still I went into freak out mode becasue I haven't deposited that money onto my credit card yet.

I'm in a funk today. I think it's because it's Wednesday, or maybe it's because I called off my first relationship...for only a 2 months time. It's interesting how God works, because there was nothing wrong with him.....I just didn't feel like he was into me....as much as I would have liked for him to be. Is that selfish? I don't think so....I hope not. I just want someone to be enamored by me...and not just think I'm alright. Am I right? It's a weird day..kinda mopey..kinda trying to feel sorry for myself but knowing that the Lord has something better in store for me..which makes me excited.

So, that's that for today. I can't wait for May and June!!!!!!!! New York and California are my favorite places to go!!!

5 comments:

campers said...

I am so proud of you! Always remember the Lord will not give you gold and then silver.....Grant is silver your true man will be gold!!! We all have some silver before finding our golden man!!!! so all this to say....God has a plan!!! And there is a reason Grant was in your life!!!! And NO you are not being selfish....you deserve the VERY best!!!!

So excited for you about your trips!!! And don't forget about you fun girls getaway!!!!!!

the thorntons said...

Yeah...I'm feeling your pain. So, how did this NY trip come up again? Can we say, RANDOM?!?
Oh well, it'll be lots of fun. And about the boy, well, I've said it before--you deserve someone who will love YOU for YOU and will make you #1. So, NO...you're not being selfish. Don't compromise either. He's out there!

ThePoeFam said...

I agree with them. As I've said 100 times..you define purity to me and God is going to bless you so much for staying so true to Him and so true to yourself. I know that the 3 of us are amazed by you!!!! And about this NY trip...SO FUN and SOOOO Jealous! Wish I could go, but I can't! Too much going on that weekend! ... And, yeah..don't leave our our fabulous TEXAS getaway!!! It's going to be better than NY or Cali could ever be..ha!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

you guys are great encouragers! i'm so glad you're around all the time to remind me what's most important!!

christine pinson said...

we are going to NY in may also! when are you going? it will be our first trip since jack was born, almost two years ago...we are excited!

and about the other, you do have to stay true to yourself, and you deserve someone who truly treasures you, because you are a treasure!