Friday, March 03, 2006

I never thought....

that i'd be the one breaking up fights at my school.
so, here's the story.

yesterday after school, i decided that i would make a beline out the door as soon as the 3:45pm bell rang. i got in my car, drove around the school...and proceeded to drive by the buses. there were 100's of kids about to load the bus. all of a sudden, these two black girls, who were bigger than me i might add, jumped right out in front of my car. one of the girls was tall and the other was short. the tall girl, shacuruea (you can attempt to pronounce this on your own), grabbed Shanae's dreads and took her to the ground and proceeded to kick her! i kind of froze for a minute and then my adrenaline kicked in and i jumped out of my car...left my car running with the door open....probably not very smart of me....and decided to run in front and attempt to break this brawl up. at that point all the kids had run over and were surrounding the girls. i pushed and shoved my way through the crowd yelling MOVE! hahaa, it's fun being a teacher sometimes..
then, i grabbed the tall girl by the arm and pulled her back out of the crowd. the other girl was laying on the ground crying. the girl that i took out of the circle was yanking and yelling. i was like, girl, if you'd like to hit me that's fine but you'll go go jail, so i suggest you settle it down and come with me. by that time one of the principals had mosied their way out to the bus stop. i explained what had happened and then went to see if the other girl was okay. i put my arm around her and asked her if she was okay. i couldn't understand a word she was saying because she was crying so hard. so, i brought her over, and by this time our police officer was out there. they were yelling at each other, and then i just left. i said my 2 cents though.
i got in my car and my heart was beating so fast. i tried to replay what had just happened in my head a few times. it's amazing the things that you will do when your adrenaline kicks in. scary, scary, scary.

so, there is your entertainment for friday. i, molly, broke up a fight yesterday and i feel like a hero. hahahaa..

7 comments:

campers said...

Wow...I am laughing histerically here at my desk!!!! You go girl!!!! They don't know about tough little molly!!! I love it!

leslie said...

I love it! You're awesome! I did laugh out loud picturing the scene!

Unknown said...

Although it is funny to picture you breaking up a fight, it is so good that you reacted as quickly as you did! Good job, Molly!

And, I think you can still go to the Abilene Super Wal-Mart, just not the one on the South side of town, or just take someone with you!

ThePoeFam said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm so proud that you did that! I don't know if I would have! You're a brave girl..I can only imagine what a girl with that unpronounceable name looks like! I just know that my first grader from last year....named Taiwo, mind you....could have kicked my butt. She was 5'2'' and 111 pounds on the first day of FIRST GRADE! (Don't worry that she did poop her pants during the first week of school...and called me into the bathroom to help her out! PICTURE THAT FOR A MINUTE!!!) Bless her heart!
Anyway....all that to say that I'm impressed!!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaa! Brittney POE! I totally just laughed OUTLOUD...there's no way she was that big in kindergarten!?!??! God bless that child. I see you tomorrow!

campers said...

Wow! Brittney! That is histerical! I actually do remember hearing about that child! That is a scream!

christine pinson said...

oh molly i wish i could have seen that