Monday, December 06, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
*Women's Bible Study starts tonight up at church. I am so excited to be on this journey through Genesis with more than 400 other women! There's nothing like it..
* Peter just celebrated his 31st birthday. He wanted to go on a date with me for his birthday and I agreed. He planned it. :) Am I bad wife? Hhaa. The night ended badly when I got bit by 13 mosquitoes and I had to hide out in the car while he paid for our nice dinner. Sorry babe, mosquitoes L-O-V-E me.
* I'm glad FALL shows are coming back on tv. We took a nice needed break from television. Oddly enough, I still don't watch it much during the day.
*Titus is learning how to take one nap a day. It's been really hard on both of us. On top of that, he's working on teeth number 11 & 12. I think they are called incisors. Either way, they are eating him for lunch...and me too.
* Titus is saying a ton these days. I don't know if this is normal for a 12 month old. He says BALL all the while carrying it out like he's from the south. His favorite is FOOTBALL. He says it ALL THE TIME. Of course, anything round is a football. Onions, peaches, etc. He also says PUPPY. He lowers his voice for this one. Not sure why. Dadda and Momma of course. HAT is a new one. He uses makes his voice an octave higher for this one. I'm not sure why, but it's hilarious. Light, banana, NANA for both of his grandmothers. He says brush, but says brushabrushabrusha instead. I think his momma has watched GREASE one too many times. :) The funniest lately is HELLO. He will put anything and everything up to his ears and say LELLLOOWW. Apparently he's been watching us, because I did teach him that one.
*Titus is apparently allergic to wheat, eggs, dairy and peanuts. We got him tested a few weeks ago and I had a feeling it would be alot. It's not stopping him though! Luckily, he's not airborne allergic to peanuts. This scares me the most. I'm able to feed him some wheat, but no straight eggs or dairy for the next year. Or nuts. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Just alot of reading labels....which I should do anyway. It's making us all healthier. Well, maybe not me, I'm currently drinking my coke for the week.
*I'm thankful my parents moved here. Now, if we could only get my mom to like it here. :) My niece, Carrigan, will be here next month. That will distract her for sure!! I can't wait. So excited for my sister I just can't stand it! I will go over there just so I can pick out her outfit. Let's be honest, my sister will dress her to the nine.
*I'm ready for fall. I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte a few weeks ago. But, this time, I got it with 2 pump pumpkin and nonfat milk. Luckily, it still tasted great!
*I deep cleaned my bathroom for the first time yesterday in 2-3 months. Don't judge me.
*Question for mom's. Did your pediatrician tell you not to turn your child in his car seat until 15 months? Titus is well past 20 lbs, but she said the American Pediatric such and such says 15 months. Hmmm. That's a bummer.
*I'm addicted to Design Blogs. I've really missed them over the summer.
*Okay I'm done with my rants.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
We actually did 1 year pictures the weekend before with a smash cake and he was hilarious. We will get those soon from Mallory Krieger Photograhy. Thanks Mal. :)
Things Titus is up to at 1 year old:
*Ball is a favorite word. As a matter of fact, I should probably start counting how many times he says it a day! He is obsessed. His cousins gave him a BIG basket of balls for his birthday, all shapes and sizes, and he plays with them often. Ball is the first thing he says when he wakes up and usually says it when I rock him to sleep sometimes. He doesn't prefer to be rocked anymore. He knows and loves his bed.
*He is walking! He started this a week before his birthday. A few days before his birthday he took a spill with a toy in hand and ended up ripping apart his nose! You'll see this in his birthday pictures. :) I'll remember it forever. It looks like it might scar now, so if anybody has any ideas to make this go away, let me know!
*He pretty much eats everything. Unfortunately, we had him tested for a milk allergy last week because his little skin breaks out in a rash when he drinks whole milk or eats yogurt. Luckily, he hates whole milk. BUT, the test results said he is highly allergic to peanuts, mildly allergic to wheat and eggs and of course dairy. I am going to get a second opinion other than his MD to an allergist. We'll talk that out on Tuesday. I'm trying not to panic until then. Right now, I'm just believing and asking for a clean slate for him, that this would just be a fluke!
*He is wearing 6-12 month and 12-18 month clothes. For some reason, he's getting tall. His momma and daddy don't have that gene.
*His FAVORITE time of day is when daddy comes home. He's usually in his high chair and I'll hear the garage door go up. I'll whisper to him, "who is it?" He says it back! It's hilarious. Then I say daddy's home. And, he repeats daddy over and over until he walks through the door. He usually squeals with excitement and sometimes plays coy and hides his face! Of course his daddy swoops him up immediately or he'll start crying! It's sad and hilarious all at the same time.
*His best friend is his dog Charlie. If my parents black lab was with us all the time, she would be his other best friend. He got in the bad habit of feeding the dogs from his high chair at my parents house. Now, he gets disciplined. :)
*Speaking of discipline. We have a crazy man on our hands. :) This past month has been rough I tell ya! Toddler phase isn't going to be my favorite. I love that his personality is shining, but now is when he set the rules in our home. He understands fully when we say No. Now, if we say no, he manages to sprawl himself belly down on the floor and throw a fit. This is when I walk away. Silly boy.
*He is very good at giving kisses, playing peek a boo. He caught on to saying "BOO" several weeks ago. It's HILARIOUS. It more sounds like Bahhh instead of Boo, but he gets it nonetheless.
*He is currently sleeping from 8 to 8. We've had some weird days and nights lately due to those stupid molars coming in. He's already gotten his bottom left one in and his top left has broken through the surface and bloody. These teeth have been giving this little boy fits. I think he's mad about it all the time. My job is to make him comfortable, so Ibruprofen is my friend at night...his too of course. :) That makes 10 teeth for the little buddy. Whew!
*Titus LOVES the park and has recently become an extreme dare devil. He is not afraid to climb up anything! He can crawl all the way up the slide!!! I don't like to take him by myself, because I get too nervous! He needs someone at the top waiting for him! He's also learned how to climb up in my lap if I'm sitting on the couch. Not to cuddle, but to use the couch as a jungle gym. HE LOVES IT!
*His favorite song is still If Your Happy & You Know It. I can sing the first word and he starts smiling and clapping. I've recently taught him Head and Shoulders. He can successfully point to his head and his nose. We're working on all the other body parts.
*He's gotten really good at mimicking me when I say things. He usually does this when he's sitting in his stroller and we are out and about. It makes me laugh so hard! He knows what lights are and can point to them. We've recently started teaching the names of the different balls. He's got football down pretty good!
*He LOVES to brush his hair. I started singing "Brusha Brusha Brusha" (you know, from Grease) to him and now HE SAYS it back! It might be the funniest thing he does yet! He did it for my mom and sister last night and they were rolling!!!
*We've still got a momma's boy on our hands! He made it in his class at church this past month for the first time! Of course, since then, he's only spent about 10-40 minutes in class. It's ridiculous, but I know he will grow out of it. I'm praying soon! I want him to LOVE to go to class at church!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Things to update so I don't forget.
*Titus turned 10 months on June 24th....which means he's almost 1 month shy of turning 1! Holy Hannah!
*I turned the big 30 on June 26th...Peter and I threw a big shindig at some friends house and it was a blast! Why not throw your own 30th birthday party..right?
*Titus has had 3 viral infections, roseaola, and a double ear infection since Memorial Day. Not fun.
*A week long trip to Houston...which involved the Roseaola and one of the Viral throat infections.
At the moment, I'm typing on my dad's computer that has wireless. Thank goodness for parents moving here and staying with us off and on till their house closes! Today, I got to go work out by myself without taking Titus to the daycare there.
So, I guess come August, I'll make all of these posts when our internet is back. Yessssssss.
Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
1. Starting off strong...sometimes I don't brush my teeth until right before Peter comes home. It really frustrates him even more that I don't brush my teeth before bed. To my defense, ever since I got pregnant, brushing my teeth makes me GAG. Every time. It's weird. However, this should not be an excuse. In other news, we just dropped our $100 a month dental insurance.
2. I hate doing laundry. For example, I do really well separating and getting it into the washing machine, and even dryer! BUT, then it gets taken out, thrown onto the guest room bed, and never folded. UGHGH! I hate folding laundry. I used to think when I was a kid, that folding towels was the WORST thing in the world. Nowadays, I'd much rather ONLY fold towels.
3. Like Erin, I HATE doing dishes. If the dishes are clean in the dish washer, I'll let the dishes pile up until I get sick to my stomach. Then I dread doing them. I can keep up with them if the dishwasher is empty. I should make a vow to do them every single night before going to bed. Then, I wouldn't dread doing them ALL DAY LONG!
4. I'm a terrible deep cleaner. I can keep things picked up all day long! Beds, made, etc. But, deep cleaning and I aren't very good friends. I just bought new cleaning products, so maybe the caulking in our shower that has turned black, will become white again. Lord help me. I even take a bath every single day, and will go 2 weeks without cleaning my bathtub. I do keep up with Titus' bathtub. I feel bad about putting his little dirty body, in a dirty tub.
5. I'm a terrible couponer. At the moment I have a huge Ziploc baggy in my car with mounds of coupons. I always forget to get them out or they expire before I have a chance to use them. UGHG.
6. Since having Titus, once I fall asleep (which usually takes forever), I usually sleep like a rock. One morning about 3 months ago, I had a dream I was sitting on the toilet peeing. Unfortunately, I was not, in reality, sitting on the toilet peeing. The night before we just put the sheets on the bed, because the mattress protector was still wet in the washer. Lets just say I woke up in a panic and ran to the bathroom. Except, it was already too late. I had peed the bed. Peter didn't believe me and told me to get back in bed. I turned on the light, pulled back the covers, and showed him. We laughed for a while, but then I eventually started crying. He just hugged me in the closet and told me how his mom used to keep a pee chart on the fridge, because he wet the bed till he was like 10. I told him that was my first time...at age 29. We giggled, and he asked me if I needed a pee chart on the fridge too.
7. I love GLEE so much, that I follow Lea Michelle on Twitter. I also own the soundtrack. However, my CD player doesn't work in my car, so I drive Peter's every so often. He gets mad at me, because I usually leave the volume up extremely loud when he gets in his car at 6am. I'm sure he cusses me. :)
8. I've seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90210, twice since becoming pregnant. Also, I re-watched all of The O.C. Luckily, we will be getting rid of our cable by May 31st.
9. I haven't worked out in 2 years. This should come in handy when we join the gym on June 1st. I don't know what to do or where to start. All I know is I'll have to wear 8 sports bras.
10. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, and am still breast feeding. I'm a bad mom. :)
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I mean at this point in my life, there are a few areas that I would like to be hidden, and this would probably do the trick. ;) Thank J-CREW for covering my C-Sectioned belly. I actually think they are cute, but would NEVER wear them. Sorry if you own these bottoms. I will most likely purchase my swim-suit from J-Crew as they carry "special" sizes on top. No more comments here.
Don't worry friends, we're joining Lifetime Fitness this week and I can't wait!
Moving on...more random thoughts.
I've already cooked 3 times this week. I'm really proud of myself. Easy dinners I'll say.
Memorial Day weekend is coming up. This time last year we were relaxing by the pool at our resort on Lake Travis. Unfortunately we won't be doing that this year. :)
We have several projects going on around our home. I visited City Craft last week to complete a few projects. GREAT fabric store in Inwood Village. I'm recovering a bench in our bedroom. We are ALMOST finished with our bathroom. It's really vintage/modern. It's growing on me. :) It's Peter's design, and for the most part I love it. But, let's just say there is a black ceiling I've had to get used to. He's in the process of making us a mirror frame for the bathroom, and a headboard for our bed. BOTH are going to look amazing and I am SO excited. I'll post pictures soon. We also made a curtain box for our kitchen. Someone please tell me what those are called. I bought fabric for that as well, and it's about 60% done. We're going pretty project crazy around these parts. BUT, we do it for cheap and that's the fun part.
We're getting rid of cable and dental insurance to join the gym. In other news, my tooth has been hurting for 2 days. Seems about right.
My sister finds out the gender of their baby on June 8th! One day before her birthday!
I turn 30 next month. I will be throwing my own party. Don't judge me. I went to a rocking 30th birthday skate party a few weeks ago. It made me want to throw my own 30th. :) Peter's helping, don't worry. Haaa.
We're going to see Wicked for part of my birthday weekend with friends. I told Peter I didn't care where we sat, because I have the music memorized.
I'm a GLEEK. Just saying..
I'm ADDICTED to TJMAXX/Homegoods. I go once, maybe twice a week and have to call Peter to talk me out of my purchases. Usually, he cuts them in half. Thank goodness he has his head on straight. :)
9 by Design is also one of my new favorite shows. Peter joined me in watching last night. He was disappointed they didn't show enough finished projects. He said the family drama was dumb. I agree.
Now you know why I've stopped blogging. I just read blogs all day...mostly design blogs. Thanks Kelly, for the inspirations & the links everyday.
I'll be back soon.
For now, I have to go chase around my kid. I love him..alot.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Titus is 9 months old today. What a fun age! Of course it's keeping Peter and I very busy. I actually need a break from this sweet boy every once and a while! I never thought I would actually say that.... But let's be real here, keeping up with a 9 month old is hard!
*You still only have 7 teeth. I say only, hahaa. Most of the babies we know don't have many much less any. You're still ahead in this area.
*You are crawling very fast and still pulling up on everything you come in contact. You have perfected falling on your bottom. As a matter of fact, you think it's a really fun game in your bed. Your dad will run in there after a nap on the weekends, and you will just squeal and giggle and fall on your bottom!
*Speaking of naps, you fight them most every day! Now, you fight bedtime. We've pushed your bedtime to 8:30 instead of 7:30. We learned our lesson trying to put you to bed at the normal time. You're really ready to play.
* You sleep 10 hours, eat, and then go back to sleep for a few more. I don't mind this, if I can go back to sleep. :)
*You still "attempt" 2 naps a day even if they are only 30 minutes. Some days you take 2, 2 hour naps a day. It's lovely I must say.
*You learned to clap this month. It's hilarious. You showed off yesterday at your cousin's birthday party for the first time. You knew everyone was laughing at you so you kept on clapping. :)
*You have MAJOR separation anxiety these days. I get very gun shy taking you to the nursery, because I know I'll get called out about 30 minutes in to an inconsolable baby. You really don't like anyone else to hold you except your momma and daddy. It's getting ridiculous, so I'm praying real hard you become more socialized. We're joining a gym this month to help you and me out in that area. You need some time away from your momma to cure this. :) Lord help me.
*You LOVE to hear yourself scream. And when I say scream, I mean BLOOD CURLING, ear piercing scream. It's not funny after a while. You think it's hilarious. Your dad said you got your lungs from momma. I say you get your craziness from daddy. :)
* You have tried several table foods this month. Most healthy, some not. You LOVED pretending to eat corn on the cob a few days ago. It was hilarious. You watched everyone eat theirs, and wanted to give it a whirl. Luckily, your Aunt Anta, yes you read that right, got pictures of it. :) You also love avocados, strawberries, tastes of ice cream & banana pudding (whoops), cut up green beans and peas, and others. You still eat baby food too.
*You have mastered the sippy cup. Praise the Lord for this, because you really still hate the bottle. You think it's a toy.
*You are still breast-feeding 4 times a day. Lately, you have started using me as a jungle gym while eating. This is annoying at times...
*You HATE having your diaper and clothes changed. You don't want to be pinned down for anything. I have gotten good at trying to distract you with toys and such to get this task done. Whew.
*You went swimming for the first time yesterday! You died and went to heaven in that pool! You thought it was the coolest thing ever. Your mom may or may not have bought you a pink float, but you'll never know. I promise not to embarrass you in public with it. Just private backyard pools. Your dad pushed you around in at and you just laughed and kicked and squealed the whole time!! You were exhausted and fell asleep in your car seat immediately.
*Speaking of car seats, we moved you to the big boy car seat, but still have you facing backwards. I'm sure you're pushing 22lbs, but I'm not ready. You go for your 9 month appointment tomorrow.
*You threw up at Wal-Mart while grocery shopping last week. It was disgusting. I think you might have had your first bug. You had several dirty diapers. You were pretty snuggly that day and I felt really sorry for you. Thankfully, you didn't give it to anyone else!
*You experienced a skating ring this month too. You obviously didn't skate, but you got to crawl around and chase the strobe light and loooooovvved it.
*You also got your first soccer ball this month! You will walk around the house pushing it, and have mastered kicking it if we stand you up! I know your dad is very proud of this!
*You have also mastered your walking cart. I'm not sure what to call this, but you will stand up and push around the house. You prefer the hardwood floors over the carpet, because you can go fast! I think we're in trouble here. :)
*You LOVE your puppy, and I secretly think your puppy loves you. We have to keep your door closed if you are asleep, or Charlie will make her way in there and stick her nose between the railings of your bed. Your momma learned her lesson here. :)
*Your hair is turning sort of Auburn, but you can still see lots of blonde!
*Your eyes are still bright blue! I love this.
You have become such a little ham and I love this month! I think we are going to have a blast with you this summer...only if you take better naps. :) You are my joy and my heart little one!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
You have been crawling for a good 2 weeks now. Your friend Jacob came over and you decided you needed to go faster, because he was REALLY fast. You also started pulling up on things a few weeks ago as well. Your favorite position is on your knees. You feel much safer, and only choose to pull up to your feet on a few things. Luckily, the hard wood floors do not bother you, however, I'm sure your little knees will be rough really soon.
You still are a pretty good sleep, however, this past month has been up in the air. I never know when you will wake up. This month it's been in between 4 and 7:30am. I know if I feed you, you go right back to sleep till at least 8 if not 9 if you wake up in the 4am hour.
Speaking of feeding. You are still breast feeding around 5 times a day, however, your 7 TEETH make that a challenge for your mom. You do not sit still when you eat, and your mom, may or may not have introduced you to a few new cuss words. LORD FORGIVE ME! But, your momma will truck on until you hit 1 year, Lord willing.
You are still a gagger. You love to chew with those front 7 teeth, but if it gets anywhere near the back of your throat, you will gag. If I talk you through it, you usually stop, and the Mum Mum has dissolved in your mouth to swallow. You do OKAY with the wagon wheels, and break out into a rash with Yogurt Melts. I have a feeling that's going to happen alot real soon.
Your mom is a bit timid to start feeding you anything else. She doesn't want to clean up your hurl.
You LOVE your walker. You could spend hours in that thing. It gets you places really fast and you love to slam into the wall/anything in your way....including mom's ankles. When I cook dinner, you love rolling around through the kitchen, pulling the kitchen towels off of the oven and dragging them all over the couch. You also LOVE to watch your puppy eat dinner. However, your puppy gets a bit annoyed that you are all up in her business.
Speaking up dogs, Charlie is so laid back that she will let you crawl ALL over her. She got in your way the other day and you just crawled right over her! You balanced on your tummy for a while and I snapped a few pictures. You thought it was SO funny.
You HATE having your diaper/clothes changed these days. You are WAY to busy for that. It is a wrestling match for sure. I usually win. :)
You got your first hair cut last weekend. Your mo hawk wasn't working so well, so we had to give it a little trim. If we combed it over, it got in your eyes. We are not professionals by any means, but you are still adorable. That mo hawk gets us stopped everywhere!! Mom secretly loves that everyone thinks you are precious. You flirt right back with everyone too.
You love to go jogging with your mom & dad. I think you enjoy going with your dad more, because he is much faster. :) You think it's really funny if your dad jogs in front of the stroller while mom pushes. Maybe you will be as fast as your dad one day.
You are saying ALL kinds of consonants lately. You will mimic Bye-Bye with your mouth and say the words, but you haven't quite put two and two together. You also have started waving Bye-Bye. It works much better if we do it in the mirror, but you wave at strangers alot. :)
You ALWAYS want my phone, the remote, my sonic drink, etc. You are a very strong boy and get very angry if I take it away from you. We'll have to work on this. :) I don't know where you get your dramatic temperament.
We had to lower your bed about 3 weeks ago. You decided to start pulling up on the rails. I go in there everyday after nap and you are looking over waiting to greet me. Then I tell you that I'm going to get you and you bury your face in the mattress laughing. It's hilarious and one of our favorite games to play with you.
You have also started head banging while talking. Your dad says you look like Chris Farley when you do it. It CRACKS us up.
You are wearing 9-12 month clothing and still wearing size 3 diapers. I'm not sure how much you weigh, however, you weighed 19lbs at your 6.5 month check-up. So, I'm sure you're well over 20 lbs. now. You are thinning out because you are on the move. PLEASE DON'T GO ROLLS!!!
You have also learned how to give your mom kisses on the lips. Your dad can't handle the slobber, but he'll learn to love it one day. :)
Like I said before you have 7 teeth. One of the bottom ones popped up a few weeks ago with no prompting. Well, I guess the drool prompted it. :) 7 teeth in 7 months. GEEZ. You're definitely on the fast track there.
You are a very independent little one, but you still love to snuggle. Rocking time is getting shorter and shorter. Mom doesn't prefer the bucking bronco, so she puts you in your bed pretty quickly.
You had your first baby sitter last weekend. You gave her a run for her money when it came time for bed. You decided to put on the tears and drama so she kept you up and had to try again later. I talked her into letting you cry it out. :) You did and drifted off right to sleep. LITTLE STINK!
You also went to your first wedding last weekend. You did a great job, but were very sleepy and for sure let me know when you were ready to go. But you looked oh so handsome in your tie. :)
You are our joy. You constantly amaze us on a daily basis by your growth. We love watching you learn new things. Lord, teach us how to love you well, and give us patience for the days to come. Thank you for blessing us with our little wild bundle of joy! We PRAISE you daily for his life and pray that you soften his heart to know you. Lord Save His SOUL soon.
Love, Mom and Dad
UP NEXT....8 months in Pictures...