Wednesday, March 29, 2006

DELIRIUM and protests..

Well, I have alot today. We'll start with protests.

So, yesterday between 2nd and 3rd periods, the fine students at James Bowie Middle School decided to pack their backpacks and head out the door in a stampede to...where you might ask?
A few possible places.
1. To their houses
2. To the high school to protest with their fellow Vikings at Nimitz
3. To downtown Irving followed by taking the dart bus to downtown Dallas to protest.

It's interesting. All I could do was laugh. I wasn't really in an uproar about it because there was absolutely nothing I could have done. So, me and my coworker Stacie stood at our doors and waved goodbye while yelling VIVA MEXICO! Kidding, but wouldn't that have been funny...to us probably. Anyways, we had about 50 students try to come back to school later yesterday..which I find hysterical. We of course didn't let them in because they didn't have a pass. So, today, we are all dealing with unexcused absences..etc. Exciting time here at James Bowie Middle School

My next topic..Delirium. Yesterday, my friend Jacob called me to inform me that the girl he had bought tickets to Delirium for (Cirque de Soleil for those of you unfamiliar) bailed out at the last minute. Sucks for him but not for me!!!! So, last night I got pampered with a dinner and margarita at Mi Cocina...I probably should have thought through the marg before the show..I was struggling to keep my eyes open, and then an incredible show at the American Airlines Center!!
I was so freaking cool! I couldn't really wrap my small mind around what was going on...but I enjoyed every single second of it.
Well, the bell rang..and the little heathens are on their way in!! Have a great Hump Day everyone!!

3 comments:

the thorntons said...

So crazy about those protests...I was watching Fox News last night and was wondering if any of your kids were in that huge group in Dallas...guess so! What are they really accomplishing by doing that other than looking like idiots?! I know, I know...exercising their right to free speech and all that jazz. Oh, and I'm jealous--I LOVE all of those Cirque de Soleil shows. So cool!

campers said...

so which jacob is this? Just curious! Crazy about the protests!

hejlyeah said...

Sounds like a fun day to me! Ha.

Hey - come find me when you're in Austin. Cooper misses you! (we do too ...)