Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Carpel Tunnel...and Protests

I think I'm getting Carpel Tunnel in my left wrist. Could it be from typing to much? Too much blogging and myspacing maybe? Probably so. I think I need to start a week fast from both of these.

This morning at 3:30am, our EVER SO LOUD fire alarm went off in my building. It's not your typical fire alarm with just a loud sounding beep noise or siren...but, it's a woman repeating the same line OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. "ATTENTION, THERE HAS BEEN REPORT OF A SOMETHING OR OTHER, PLEASE EVACUTE TO ALL THE NEAREST EXITS." Kill me. So, I hear Miriam running down the hall putting on her sweatshirt...I threw on a fleece and pajama pants and we both stood at the door...looking out waiting to see if other people were leaving. Generally, it's a false alarm. So, yes, it was a false alarm. The first week I lived in our building the fire alarm went off for an hour straight in the middle of the night and I was the ONLY ONE THERE. It was hilarious.

So, if you live in the DFW area, I'm sure you heard about the protests on the news. Well, we got an email from our principal today talking about the protests and free speech. He told us what we were supposed to do if it broke out on our campus. I can just see it happening now. I don't really have much to say about this..

I just commited to drive a 15 passenger van next weekend on our Road Rules Trip for church. I'm very scared about this, but they deemed me a responsible person for some WEIRD reason. SCARY.

Well, I don't have much today. I have alot to say really, but I'm going to refrain...I'm going to keep it surfacey and general today..I hope you don't mind.

3 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

I like surfacy and genearl...those blogs always make me laugh the most. So...crazy about the fire alarm! I'm sure you shot out of bed...I hate it when stuff like that happens!.. And, being a teacher...I NEVER watch the news and know NOTHING about the protests! Don't judge me for not caring! And..how is the first week of July for you for our get-away? LOVE YOU!.. And check your email! AND...we got INTERNET AT HOME!!! WHOOO HOOOOO!

leslie said...

I drove a 15 passenger van to TN on a Spring Break Campaign my junior year. It was awesome!! You will do great!

the thorntons said...

That's funny that you mentioned carpel tunnel...remember in high school when I had to wear that splint on my wrist that looked like a bowling glove?! It was tendonitis, but still--it felt like carpel tunnel. Maybe you should take it easy with the typing!