Thursday, May 11, 2006

The TOLLWAY

We have a love/hate relationship. The Tollway and I that is.
On one hand, it's a quick get-away to Frisco or the galleria and well, to Peter's place.
On the other hand, it's a camping ground for the State Trooper. If I'm ever driving during the evening, I always see people pulled over. Well, I became one of those "people' last night at around 11 oclock. I was looking down at my ipod changing the song, and then, well, looked up and in my rear view mirror and there he was right behind me with his lights on. Of course an obsenity came out of my mouth. I was going with the normal flow of traffic. Everyone around me was going at least 70. Now, I realize, there is no justification of me speeding, when it was 55mph, but come on! Give me a break! Who goes 55 on the Tollway?!?!? I never have...until now. I got a ticket from a ruthless state patrolman.
TROOPER: Ms, did you know you were going 70 in a 55?
ME: Before he could finish his sentence, Yes sir.
TROOPER: Can I have your license and registration?
ME: In his hands before he could finish.
TROOPER: Is this your correct address? Abilene?
ME: No sir.
TROOPER: What is your current address?
ME: spouting off address.
TROOPER: Why is your license not updated?
ME: Because I've moved every year in the past 6.
TROOPER: Takes my license and goes back to his car.
ME: Scouling and waiting a good 5 minutes before he comes back. Thinking of some scheme to get me out of the ticket. Thinking to myself, I hate the tollway.
TROOPER: Asks me for my new address, asks me to sign my sitation. Says please drive safe.
ME: Thank you, while rolling up the window and quickly driving away. Wishing I would have said something like, "do you realize that everyone goes 70 on the tollway, and why don't you stop people during the day? Dang you."

So, there's my story. I got a ticket. I hate speeding tickets. He gave me a "warning" for my license being wrong. Now, I'm moving in 2 months. DO I update my license now? Or wait? Hmm..........

5 comments:

campers said...

ooooo that sucks! I HATE tickets! I recently got three...one for not having my sticker updated, one for not having my license, and one for not having my licencse up to date.....i got all of it taken care of so they didn't make me pay for the tickets just 30 dollars court cost! Sorry for you!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

geez! 3 thompson? dadgumit!!!! i hope to get out of this one, but i hear they are pretty strict about the tollway tickets.

the thorntons said...

That sucks!!! I can't believe the speed limit on the tollway is 55! That sounds like North Carolina...I don't think there is a single speed limit sign in this state for over 65. Um...my drivers license still says I live in Abilene too. Ha! Sorry about your run-in with the law...hope it works out. That is money you could be spending in New York!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh, i don't have to appear at court until june 10th! I'm not saving up for the ticket or anything...believe me! :)
apparently, my friend natasha got the SAME ticket last week!!!! hilarious! we're going to take the comedy defensive driving together.

hejlyeah said...

Ugh, tickets. Had my share. Glad I'm all caught up on your blog - I've been neglecting reading it lately. Glad to hear everything's well with you and your man!