Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorable Weekend? What?

Well, where do I start. Okay, I'll go back to last Thursday.
Thursday: I woke up feeling AWFUL. I felt like my whole body had been hit by a train, twice. I was really dizzy. So, I took a bath, thinking I just needed to wake up. No, that didn't work. So, I called in sick to school, they were NOT nice about it. I laid on the couch in tears. I knew I had fever because I was freezing, so I mustered up the energy to eat a piece of bread and take some tylenol. I fell back asleep and seemed to have been feeling better, but I stayed on the couch. Peter brought me some soup from Jason's Deli, and I fell asleep on his shoulder, and when I woke up he was gone. How sad!
Friday: I woke up early enough to get ready. I had a big day ahead of me. I had been preparing for our 8th grade dance for weeks now. They had put me in charge of the food committee. Everything was taken care of, it was just a matter of putting it all together. So, I got to school, still feeling horrible. I managed to dry my hair and put on a dress. I was sitting at my desk trying to focus, when another teacher came in. She said I looked horrible and my eyes were glassed over. SO, I went to the nurse, and well, she took my temperature, and low and behold, 102.6. WOW! So, I went into the office, told them what was wrong, and they got teachers to cover my class immediately. I mustered up enough energy to go to the doctor. THey got me in pretty quick thank the Lord. She said I had white puss pockets all over my throat...which I thought was weird, because I didn't feel them. She gave me a strep test....I dont' get the results back for that until today. Interesting...I'm already better. So, viral tonsolitis it is.
Well, on my way home from the doctor's office, I totaled my car on 35. I rearended the dude in front of me who decided he'd slam on his brakes. Well, there you have it. I'm in a sweet rent car though.
I was in bed pretty much the rest of the weekend. I finally got up and went to church on Sunday night. I felt really good!

Well, yesterday, Peter and I went to the Allen outlet malls. The boy got a TON of new work clothes...since he just got a promotion to the main office!
Here, I am today, finishing up my last week of school.
Kinda of speechless about that.
Hope all my teacher friends are having fun right now! :)

4 comments:

allyo said...

Molls-
I am so thankful that you are okay...I hope you last week of school goes quickly. We need to hit the lake soon! Miss you tons!

the thorntons said...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt...and that you're feeling better! Hang in there this last week of school. Love you!! :-)

EDS said...

Oh sweet girl...I am so sad for you. What a bummer weekend you had. I know that only having 3 days of school left makes you feel much better. Call me...we need to do lunch when you are FREE...from punk kids that is :)

swatterson said...

sorry you were sick!

so, like, what are you totally wearing to the 8th grade dance? ;)