Wednesday, May 10, 2006

oh the blog.

Honesty....has become my life in the past 6 months. I want to walk in complete truth and complete honesty within anyone who comes along my path. I want to glorify the Lord in all areas of my life, and if that includes the hard parts, AMEN, I want to shout it out from the rooftops!!!

I don't claim to be perfect, and I don't claim to have all the answers. What I do know, is that the Lord has created this amazing walk of life for me, and I am embracing it with open arms. I never thought I'd be dealing with some of the things that have come up lately, but He will not give me anything that I can't handle. More than anything, I am amazed at how He has had His hand over my precious life. I never would have thought that He would lead me down this path, and yet, it's one of the most amazing paths ever, becuase I KNOW I have to trust Him. I should be scared, I should be apprehensive, I should have questions, but I don't. Why, because I trust Him, and I remain falling at His feet daily and let Him have complete control over my life.

For those of you who don't know, Peter, the sweet boy in my life, has been married before. I don't claim to ever be able to wrap my arms around what Peter and his ex-wife went through. But, what I do know, is He took the steps to hang up His dirty laundry and heal, be restored, and walk in truth and forgiveness. It is such a picture of the Lord's faithfulness over a child's life. It has been amazing watching him this past year be molded into Christ's likeness. It has been amazing watching Him heal through counseling, through Celebrate Recovery, and many other things. It has been amazing watching him finally be free of all that was bottled up inside. He has taught me to walk in truth and walk in honesty. I tell him all the time I just want to follow him around and watch the Lord work in His life. He is an amazing man of God, and I know that he knows we can't do this alone. It's been so cool the support we have had from all of our family and our friends, and really we are only dating. But, to watch everyone embrace this with open arms baffles me!!!!!
I cannot live my life wondering why it all happened. I don't wonder...because it was the Lord's perfect will for their lives. Besides, he's here now, and that's all I know. I will take it one day at a time, and simply trust the Lord and let him lead us......
So, for those of you who are asking questions like, "what happened to his ex-wife" on my blog, there is no need to give details, because it is not my business to....
But, if you are concerned, rest easy, that I know the Lord is in control, and I know He's had his hand over my life for the past 26 years.....and brought me to this point! I cannot question His will for my life, I can only embrace it and learn and develop into the woman of God he desires me to be, with or without Peter in my life.
As for now, I'll keep him around, but I'll hold him at an arm's length, knowing He is not mine, He is the Lord's....and I will pray for His will daily for both of us.....

The end. Sorry for the deepness...

3 comments:

campers said...

You amaze me and as you know Peter does too! I am so proud of both of you, where you have both come from and where you are now! I love you both very much, and know that the decisions you are making are the right ones because they are made prayerfully and with careful thought! I am sorry that you feel like you have to explain yourself, your relationship, and Peter's past on your blog!!! You have NOTHING to explain to anyone especially ANONYMOUS people!!!!!
I love you!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

i don't really feel like i have to explain to anyone...i just want to walk in honesty and let everyone know my heart. i just spilled it out on the page...i want everyone to see what the Lord's done lately in my life...i love you to thompson! whoever this mer1something or other is, if she is an important person in my life, she wouldn't be asking that question on my blog. just an opinion.

the thorntons said...

Molly, whoever wrote that comment deserved far less than the honest response you gave them, and that proves again how amazing you are! You said you want to follow Peter around everyday to see what God is doing in his life, but I want to follow YOU around for the same reason! I feel like my marriage will grow (whenever my husband gets home!) because of what I have learned from you and Peter. I couldn't be more confident that you and Peter are right where God wants you to be. I'm glad Peter found YOU!! I love you!!