Monday, May 15, 2006

LAST CHOIR CONCERT!!!

of the year....and maybe for a good while. we'll see what the Lord leads or wills for my life this next coming year.
it has been an extremely busy day today. it flew by in fact! i love days that fly by. except tonight, i have my last choir concert of the year. i'm not going to lie, i almost teared up in my 4th period today because they were doing so good and were so excited. what am i thinking? i'm tired of middle schoolers! right??! ugh..;)

i had a pretty busy weekend. i drove to abilene right after school on friday and arrived there around 7. my mom had cooked chicken enchiladas for my sister and i! they were so good. after that, we just goofed around and sat and talked. then, my sister and i both were out cold at around 9pm. i slept until around 9....got up to the smell of chocolate chip muffins and coffee. had my share and headed to the salon. my appointment was at 10. i didn't leave there until 1:30. i always have to block out most of the day with nicole because she usually just fits me in between 3 or 4 customers. i know i'm ridiculous, but i'm a valued customer and i refuse to let anyone else cut my hair in dallas. so, after i lef there i went to the mall to meet my sister and my mom. we stayed there for about an hour and then came home. my sister and i spent a good chunk of time downloading songs on our ipod with the 2 dogs and my dad hanging out on the bed. they are hilarious. at around 4 i headed back to dallas.

i met peter at my house at around 7:30 and we met rachel and craig for dinner at chuy's. there was no wait at 830 on a saturday night! i couldn't believe it!!! it was weird. after dinner we walked over to starbucks. on our way back to the car peter and i ran into chuck haddox and his girlfriend. let me just say, BLAST FROM THE PAST. it was good to see him and catch up. i think he was pretty baffled to see peter and i holding hands. we just laughed about it...and so did he and said that's awesome! peter and chuck exchanged numbers and we were on our way. we went back to the loft and miriam, natasha and thomas came over. we all hung out until well after midnight.

sunday, i woke up at 10, did some laundry, watched some tv and took a shower. i had to be in ft. worth to sing at wedding at 5 so i left around 2ish. we had to set up and practice before the wedding. i got a little chunk of spending money for my new york trip..of which I LEAVE THURSDAY! holy cow. i need to get past tonight and then i can think about it....

so, tonight...choir concert. i'll let you know how everything goes...i'll give you the line up tomorrow. i'm sure we'll be having ourselves a little free time this week. aheeem. i've got things to do for my days off thursday and friday!!
peace out and happy monday!

5 comments:

campers said...

hope the concert went well! Sounds like a fun weekend! I wish I was going with y'all!...but it is off to Oklahoma City instead! How random to run into Chuck....we actually ran into him at the Christmas Eve service at FBC this past year. It was good to see him! I thought he was out of state???? HAVe fun in NYC! Give Sarah a hug from Brittney and I!

allyo said...

Hope you survived your last concert. It is funny, no matter how much you complain about your kids throughout the year, your heart always hurts when you let them go!! Hope you have fun in New York. When you get back, we all need to hit the lake!! We went last weekend and had a blast. (Hopefully you won't be scared away when you see me in my prego swimsuit.) Call when you get back so we can get our tan on!

ThePoeFam said...

Hoping that you are feeling great after your last concert!!! I can't wait to hear about it! Crazy about Chuck! I hear about him now and then. Do you know why he was here? ... That's so terribly sad about Wade Scoggins! Every time I hear something like that it makes me sick!... And HUSH about that NYC trip! I'm SUPER DUPER JEALOUS! Please have so much fun...y'all call me when you're there just to rub it in...k? We'll conference call to Thomps! .... I feel like we haven't talked in ages! I miss you!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

yea, scary about Wade. I sat and just stared at Peter last night after Leigh Ann called. We didn't really have anything much to say after we found out. I still was on my high horse from my choir concert, so it was total overstimulation! We will for sure have a conference call! Summer comes soon, then we can play...or I can look for a job!

allyo said...

Well...I don't want to hear about the trip because I wasn't even invited. I know I wasn't a "COOL choir girl," but I still like New York! Speaking of New York, the TEXAS RANGERS beat the sorry new york yankees. I hate those suckers!