Wednesday, April 19, 2006

TAKS SHMAKS!

Well, it's Wednesday and I haven't even blogged this week. Unbelievable.
Monday, I honestly was very busy. I was proud of myself for not checking my email 84 times that day. Tuesday and today the kids are taking the TAKS. If our principal even catches us on our computers, it's possible we will be reprimanded/fired.
So, I chose to be above reproach and wait. Yesterday my kids fininshed testing at 3:20 which didn't leave much time to blog. Today, 1:15pm. Which means that we will be sitting here until 3:45 and all the kids can do is read or sleep! Oh Lord help me with these 8th graders.

So, Easter was fantastic.
Friday night, I left around 5:30ish. I ended up driving and Peter rode with me. Who's Peter you ask? The boy that I am dating! HOLD THE PHONE EVERYONE! I know I know. It's an amazing story and such a cool picture of the Lord's faithfuness and love and favor over me. Amazing. Is all I have to say. So, Peter and I drove toward's Abilene and stopped and ate dinner with Macy and Chad Missildine! I love them. So, we left around 8 from their house. About 30 minutes before Abilene, Peter decided to start the awkward moment....he's been waiting to tell me for 7 months. Yes, I said, he's waited to profess his feelings for 7 freaking months! Awesome. Anyways, long story short, we are now dating as of Friday. Unbelievable. That's all I have to say.
So, Friday night late I hung out with Sarah T...on her couch. We just talked and talked and talked until about 1 am. I went to bed...but didn't really go to sleep and popped up about 7am. I took my time getting ready and then my mom and I went shopping. I hit a wall about 1:30 so we went home and I took about an hour and half nap. I got up and was ready to go to Perini Ranch with Peter's family. It was really fun...but really freaking hot!!! After that Peter, Ashlee and her husband(Peter's sister and brother-in-law) and I went shopping. I left my wallet in the car. Peter came out with 3 bags. I laughed. Then Saturday night we met Thompson and Brent and Sarah and her brother brad at Taco Bueno followed by Starbuck's because Taco Bueno smelt.

Sunday morning, Easter Sunday, I did not go to church. My mom and dad did, but weren't really pushy about waking me up. I got up while they were gone and got ready so I could help my mom cook and such for the family. My aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents came over...it was fun. I introduced Peter. Talk about a whirlwind! I've never brought a boy home...EVER.
Then Peter and I left in time to be back for and Easter Egg hunt at the park that Rachel and Craig put on! It was so fun. After that we went to McKinney and somehow ended up throwing BOILED EGGS at each other and each other's car's. We stunk at the restaurant. Then we had a group car wash outing! That was fun times had by all.

Monday I cleaned my room! It took forever but it was such a relief when it was over. I stayed up to late.

Last night was small group...again went to bed at 11...and here we are today...
Still sleepy. Because I've been staring and reading...

I hope you are enjoying the day. I'll post pics from our Easter Egg hunt soon.

3 comments:

campers said...

Yeah, you are back!!!! I have a bunch of random comments about this blog!!!

When you said you hung out with "Sarah T" I thought you had made a mistake....I thought "no you hung out with our Sarah..." Sorry Sarah I don't think of you as Sarah T....

And you crack me up....I had no idea that Bueno smelt....I thought we left cause y'all wanted coffee... you never cease to make me laugh!!!

And your right you haven't ever brought a boy home before....but ironically (sp) you have brought Peter home before...LOTS!!!! :-)

It was so good to see "y'all" together!! I am so excited about your future!!! You know as Sarah and I said we are living vicariously (sp) through you!!! I thought it would take me a long time to get used to it, but it is so natural and normal!! I love it!
Love you!!!!

the thorntons said...

I too have several comments:

Thompson is right...but, you DO have a "siter Sarah" so I can't be offended that you called me Sarah T. Just don't let it happen again...EVER! :-) Also, is my brother Brad not cool enough to have a capital letter at the front of his name like the rest of us? I mean, I know he's younger than us, and not really one of our "group" that we used to hang with at Bueno, but really?!?

As far as Thompson being so oblivious at how horrible Taco Bueno smelled, I'm not really sure what to say. You need to get your sniffer checked! I do have to commend you on your good spelling though...both "ironically" and "vicariously" were spelled correctly even though you questioned them. Way to go!!!

Back to YOUR blog, Molly...you and Peter are just as adorable as we knew you would be once he finally came around!! Praise the Lord!!!!

campers said...

"Sarah T" ~ thanks for the laughs this morning!!

For a minute I thought you were trying out the lingo from Molly's students when you said siter!