Monday, April 10, 2006

Road Rules

So, what a weekend! Where do I start. Okay, with Friday..

FRIDAY:
-I left school at 3:45pm on the dot, knowing that I had to be in Addison at 4:30pm to hitch a ride to the car rental place in Lewisville. So, all 10 of us drivers hopped in the 12 passenger van and headed to AVIS. Now, might I mention that traffic on Friday afternoon at 5 isn't the well....is HORRIBLE. So, we managed to stay in the neighborhoods and got there and back by 6:15pm. All 70 other road rulers were meeting at 6:30. When we were at the AVIS rent car place, he asked me what kind of van I wanted. I was like, hmm...since I'm really not familiar with many, then, give me the prettiest. Haha..so I get this 2007 Silver Chevy Van..that looked more like an SUV/BUS. It was great throughout the weekend because it had plenty of room for stuff and passengers.

So, we end getting our first round of team members. I ended up with a pretty great group. There were 2 guys and 5 girls. Hmm..interesting. There was 1 boy who ended up being in my group all 4 times. I think it was the Lord because he wasn't easy to get along with. I just laughed everytime we got our assignments. So, anyways, moving on...they gave us our first clue. It would have been hard to figure out if we didn't have smart people. We headed down 45 South to a small town named Mexia. We ended up at this lake house of a girl from our church. On the way there we had to make up a skit and perform it to different stops along the way. HILARIOUS. I felt like I was in high school again. Anyways, we pulled up to the lakehouse and there was a huge bouncy house and these lights everywhere! It was great times. We ended up pitching tents and all 70 of us slept 6 to a tent. Not to mention we had port-a-potties as bathrooms and NO SINK. It was fantastic. Everyone was dirty. So we go to bed at around 1:30 and at around 6am the music started blaring and the fog horn sounded. They woke us up fast and made us take our tents down and be ready to roll. We ended up eating breakfast, had a little worship time and played a little red rover. Obviously we were stalling....to get to the next place. So, then we get our new team...and head to Stillhouse Lake near Killeen. We had to go rescue our team captain across this lake. So, yes it was either swim, kayake or canoe. I chose to canoe. I didn't take my shoes across and so I now hae horrible looking feet. Thank the Lord I didn't get poison ivy..I hiked a mountain with no shoes! Stupid. So, we were the first team to arrive and the last to find our captain.
So, then they give us another clue and we end up at this camp for kids with disabilities near Killeen. It was called Peaceable Kingdom. It was beautiful. We spent from about 1 on Saturday to Sunday morning there. We did odd jobs around the camp sight and just kind of relaxed and had fun. They had incredible meals for us, beautiful scenery and a movie theater! Not to mention the golf carts! Those were great. I spent alot of my time being a passenger rolling around the hills of the camp thinking we might crash! Lots of laughs! So, they finally let us shower at this point. And, thankfully, they FORCED the drivers to stay in this awesome house on Saturday night. Apparently, for insurance purposes, they wanted us to get some sleep. Awesome!!!

Sunday morning we got new teams...off to our next destination..which we had to figure out. Church under the bridge in Waco. It was awesome! They did this really awesome Easter service!! I'm glad we went! Then the best part of the trip comes!! They gave us money, and let us go eat. We had to find our next destination...which was to......this town called Maypearl. It's where they filmed Pure Country. We end up in this little covered patio out in the middle of nowhere. And, we here all this country music being played. They had hired a REAL square dance caller!! So, we square danced for the next 2 hours! EVERYONE did and had a freaking blast! IT was awkward at first because they made us partner up. Thank goodness my friend JEremy was standing next to me! He made me laugh the whole time.

So, then back to Dallas we go. We end up in Addison at around 5. But, I of course had to take my van all the way back to DFW and then back to Addison to get my car. Then I drove to Highland Village...all nasty I might add....to church. So, I didn't get home until 10 last night! I took a long shower and hopped into bed! My alarm was not pretty this morning! It hougtha bout chunking it across the room!!
So, I treated myself to Starbuck's this morning. Here I am...having to substitute during my off period! DANGIT~ 22 dollars isn't really worth it. I have nothing prepared for the day. DANGIT! OH well....I'll figure out something. I'm just tired right now.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I bring my cord. I had a great weekend overall!!!! I don't know when I'll get caught up on my rest!

2 comments:

campers said...

sounds like lots of fun....i can't imagine hiking with no shoes.......i hate being barefoot!!!

ThePoeFam said...

FUN FUN! Great ideas for us to use too!!.... Anyway, probably about 30ish girls? Not quite sure yet!? And...did you scroll down and see the play pics on my blog!?