Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things...

We had an extremely busy weekend. I realize it's Thursday and I'm just telling about it So, I'll expound on the whole weekend and week. Sorry.

Friday evening we had dinner with some of Peter's Tech football buddies and their wives at Mi Cocina. We were there for 4 hours. :) We had a good time laughing about marriage and such...We got home after midnight and were exhausted!!!


Saturday morning Peter was gone by 6:30am and I did'nt see him until 9pm Saturday evening. My mom was in town for another one of my sister's showers. The day was crammed full of business! Thanks to mom, I got some new placemats that were on sale at Anthropologie and a kitchen towel. Not to mention a letter "A." I love the sale section there. :) I also bought some bathroom cabinet pulls! I'm so excited about them I can hardly stand it! They were on sale from $10 a pull to $2.95. Peter still says this is bad because he can get them for $1.50. But, I don't want mushroom style pulls so we're out of luck. :)

Saturday evening we dined at Cafe' Express. After that Peter and I headed home. I couldn't see through my windows because I got my car washed on Friday. I know you're confused right about now. It seems as if they wiped the inside of my windows with the same rag they armoroled the dashboard. I did not ask for armorol. :) I wiped it all off as soon as I got in the car with my zebra workout towel. (Which I haven't used in a few months.) Apparently I have taken a working out hiatus! Discipline..WHERE ARE YOU!!!?!??? Anyways, we watched LOST on Natasha's big screen MAC and then hit the sac!!!

Sunday morning we slept in.....ate oatmeal and then showered. We decided it was 'Peter and Molly FUN DAY.' It was beautiful outside! SO.....we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. We had a good time laughing at the Ape's and oooing and awing over the lions, tigers and bears. The bears seemed drunk. They were both belly up in the sun with their mouths opened. I didn't take any pictures...sorry.


Sunday evening we cooked Chicken and Rice and watched The Oscars with Natasha and Thomas. I slept through part of it. Thankfully I heard the song from "Once" live. Natasha bought the CD the next day and so it's been playing in the house NON-STOP. I love it!! I love them.

Monday - work. Busy day....

Tuesday - work. Not so busy day. I got to leave at 5:50pm! I thought I would jump up and down with excitement. I drove over to Southlake and purchased a gift for my sister and then headed to the grocery and movie store. I had cereal for dinner and Peter had grilled cheese. :) We then watched Becoming Jane. I fell asleep and Peter studied.


Wednesday - worked. As usual. I cooked dinner for Peter and then we watched "Gone, Baby Gone." Such a twisted movie I tell ya. I was tired after watching it.

Thursday - here we are. My car hit 100, 000 miles today. Here's a picture to prove it. I thought I'd take a picture of 99,999 and then 100,000. Wow. She's been a good car.

If you notice...I was going 33-34mph this morning while taking this picture.

I then slowed to 18ish.

HOUSE UPDATES -

Our mailbox is now in. :)

The yard and the fence was put in yesterday!!! AND, the landscape! I don't have a pic of the fence. I wanted to wait until they finished staining it.



The island has been antiqued and glazed by Linde Browning Designs. :) Doesn't it look amazing! We still have some touching up to do on the floors. :)



We also have electricity!!! I had such a good time going over to the house yesterday at lunch and turning every single light on and making sure they worked. Our under cabinet lights are a bit messed up. Unfortunately they're going to have to take a few of the cabinets off and put them back on to fix it! That's okay. I just don't want to be there. Besides, they already have to repaint SEVERAL of them.
Speaking of paint. I began blue taping the walls for the walk through with the painting big boss. There are so many places that need to be touched. I will breath easy when it's finished.

So, hopefully the gas will come today and we can have a final inspection by the city tomorrow. If they say anything is wrong, we have a week to fix it. I think we can handle that.

It will be a rough 3 weeks for us but we're just going to take one day at a time.
I'm hosting my sister's lingerie shower this weekend with a few other of my blogging friends. It should be fun! I'll post a few pics next week if I have time! :) Until then....off to brainstorm.
Oh yea...here's another picture of my dining room. It needs to be swept and mopped. But, I can't wait to have you over for dinner.




THE END.

19 comments:

andydawn said...

AWESOME!! Almost there!! Looks great! :)

kerristarr said...

the house looks amazing! how fun to decorate from scratch! and i see a lot of green which makes me happy :)

Jessica and Matt said...

I love it! I can't believe how much difference the landscaping makes. I mean, I know it's a big deal, but wow. So cute! And I love the glazing on the island.

elizabeth engelhardt cards and creations said...

Oh to have the life of no children...you make me tired just reading all the things that you guys do. Your house is looking amazing.

We will be up there for a visit on Thurs, coming home on Sun. Hope to maybe see you at church Sat night?

allyo said...

It is beautiful! We can't wait for our first dinner invitation!

Mindy Rives said...

Molly...the front yard looks amazing...what a difference one week makes...it looks like a completely different house! I'm so excited for y'all! Have a great weekend!! :)

Tiffany said...

Hey Molly, I'm working on the cake for Sat. and have a question about some of the colors, will you email me at tbrowder1@hotmail.com...thanks!

Sum said...

MOLLY I love the pictures of the dining room. great color!!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

This house is so cool! I cant wait to see it in person.

Laura said...

The house is awesome! That is not nice they armoroled your window with the same as the dash! Dummies! But I love the house, it is a beauty and def has your touch!

sharon said...

i LOVE your house!! that chandelier rocks my world, as well as your use of the word "expound." :)

Alison said...

You two are so cute! And I love love love the house! We would LOVE to get together for lunch! I can't wait for you to see Chloe! We are pretty open so let's plan a date!

Shauna said...

I just LOVE your house!! Love it! And - you crack me up with your driving and picture taking. What the heck?!? How about we dont get any more of those pics! :) Not so safe. Later!

Sarah D said...

You crack me up, taking pictures of 100k! haha I probably would have done the same if I had a decent camera when I crossed over. I had to settle for calling my dad.

I'm also looking forward to a dinner invitation! ;-) The house is gorgeous!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The house looks so good!

We watched Gone, Baby, Gone last weekend, and I agree...very intense and creepy.

Jana said...

your home is sooooo beautiful! let's get together for a card game-we just got to figure out the game. ;)

The Celiac Diva said...

Your new home is beautiful!

Hollie Reese said...

I love your house! You wear me out...you never stop!!!

Kristyn said...

There's not a part to your house that doesn't look just beautiful!! Y'all have done a wonderful job!