Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valyentime's Day

That's what I used to call it.....I don't know why.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd introduce you to some of my favorite sweets.



Duh.....here's Peter holding our new niece back in July. Irresistible I tell ya.
My friend Mindy reminded me how much I love Nothing Bundt Cakes. Yes, what a creative name I tell ya. They only sell Bundt cakes here...small and large. And, they have a wide assortment of cake stands. (Tiffany, if you're reading this, you should go.)
They are located in the Southlake Town Center on the Carroll side if you're interested. They have ALL kinds of flavors. I had the cinnamon swirl and it was magnificent! If you're looking to lose a few, don't go. :)



I LOOOOOOVE Hot Tamales. Love them with all of my heart. Well not all of my heart. Geez.



Next up......



JD's Chippery's COOKIES
I couldn't seem to find a website or a picture on the WWW of this amazing cookie factory! That's what I call it. It seems that every time I go they are always right out of the oven!!!! This place is located in Snider Plaza off of Hillcrest in Highland Park. You have to try it!!


SOUR PATCH KIDS! YUM. These have an always will be one of my favortie candy's. I used to get these when I would go to the movies. Now, I know how much they actually charge you when you buy food at the movie theatre. So, I stopped, regretfully.




These little gems look gross here on my blog, but let me tell you, I used to work at this very well known bakery in Abilene, Texas the summer before my last semester of college. I had a great time. And, much to my surprise, I was never hungry for sweets while working there. Hmm...but that all changed when I quit and got a real teaching job. There are many more things there that I love, but the Lemon Bars and the THUMB PRING COOKIES!!! UGHGHGHGHGHG! No words to describe them. If you live in Abilene, then you KNOW about the thumb prints! :)

I brought a package of these to work last month. They were wrapped in pink and were gone in a matter of days. :) WHOOPS.

I guess that's all that I will make you salivate with today....
Happy Valentine's Day!
Peter and I had a nice dinner and some wine at our favorite Italian resturant in Lewisville, Parma last night. He had a prior commitment this evening, and I wasn't going to make him miss.
A funny thing I was reminded about today.
S.A.D - Single's Awareness Day! Sadly, I probably used this term several times in my day, although now that I'm married I realize how not-so-important Valentine's Day really is.
But, I love it for the novelty sake anyways. I got flowers! :)

13 comments:

carla's gateway said...

The white chocolate cake (and the chocolate decadance) with extra chocolate curls are AMAZING from McKays... did you really work there? and your such a little lady! Happy Valentimes Day! c

Lindsey Brittain said...

Molly....unfortunately I don't have time to read blogs alot...but when I do get a chance to read yours it always makes me smile! =)

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to visit the cake store! It sounds amazing! I just love Southlake, there are SO many stores I have yet to discover!

Brooke said...

molly, you are a girl after my own heart! with the hot tamales, sour patch kids, anthro, sharpies (or just pens in general!), kidd kraddick! back in december, 3 of us sat out in the freezing cold outside their studio just to listen to them one morning!! three 30 year olds!! ha! love your lists! (and i'll have to try the bundt place - LOVE southlake)

Kentsten said...

Hot Tamales are my favorite too!!!

Natalie said...

mmm. . .thumb print cookies! I also love McKay's harvest muffins. If you can remember the recipe for those my mom would pay big bucks for it! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, Nothing Bundt Cakes are the best. My cousin brought three to Thanksgiving. SOOOO good. I am loving all the pics of your house. It is really cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the best cake from Mckays was the stawberry cake. Ritcher, Mav and I would buy them and just eat right out of the box! Yum!

Macy said...

Yeah for thumbprints and sourpatch kids.

christa said...

Holy Bundt cake I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lemon! I thought I discovered the place, let me pretend okay?

Andrea W. said...

Good job listing Peter first this time!! Thanks a lot for all the dessert pictures- I am hungry now!

The Ice House said...

all that candy makes me wanna go to the gas station right now and stock up!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Word on the McKay's thumb print cookies.