Monday, February 18, 2008

More House/Sunday night DINNER!

Hello Blogosphere and Happy President's Day.
While most of you have the day off, I'm sitting here at work, blogging. hahahah.

Peter and I had a crazy busy weekend. It all started Friday evening with an engagement party for our friends Linde and Jeff. I had to keep it a secret for a whole week! That's not hard, but seeing as I talked to her about 3 times during the week, it was kinda hard. Linde is antiquing and glazing my green island a week from today and I CAN'T WAIT. Anyways, it was a good time with friends, amazing food and wine.
We hit the sack early on Friday evening, or Peter did anyways. I had some HORRIBLE stomach issues that I don't know where they came from. Needless to say, I finally fell asleep around 1:30 to have to wake up at 6:30. Peter woke me up gently...he's good at that. :) My parents can vouch for my crankiness when I didn't want to wake up back in middle school and high school.
Peter was off to Celebrate Recovery and I hit Home Depot at 7am. I came out of there with all of the stuff we would need to clean and finish staining the floors. It was sight I tell ya. Peter, my dad and I worked our TAILS off from 7 in the morning until about 5pm that evening!
Saturday evening we headed to my sister's Couple's Shower out in Denton. I got to see Cassy and some friends I hadn't seen in a long time.
We hit the hay early again just due to exhaustion. Sunday morning we woke up early and headed to our favorite breakfast burrito place, Guadalajara Taquiera. I'm not sure if I spelled that right. We drug my dad, Sarah and Daniel along for the ride. After that Peter and I went to Walmart. While we were there, a power outage happened. It was kinda crazy as they were telling eveyone to head to the front of the store and check out. Yes, their register's were working. I went AGAIN later that afternoon to do some real grocery shopping.
Here's some pics of our newly stained concrete and some other updated pics of the house.
I'll also post a picture of the gourmet dinner I made last night first!!!Pork Chops with Blueberry sauce from, "Cuisine at Home."Natasha's roses from Valentine's Day. :) Here is my masterpiece. IT WAS SOO GOOD.I know you want to see a close-up. YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!

Peter wanted me to mention that his hair isn't usually that poofy. He'd been working HARD!

I was scared the blueberries were going to stain Natasha's pretty white plates. Luckily they didn't because I finished ALL OF MY FOOD. After that picture, I ate the last asparagus. And yes, my urine smelled like Asparagus. :)
A close-up of our stained concrete. Another pic of the FRESH stained concrete in the kitchen. As you can see, the painters will have to touch up ALOT more than they already had to because we splatter painted the walls and the bottoms of the cabinets with the stain. WHOOPS. :)A pic of the blacksplash. I LOVE it. Please ignore the dust on the island. It is NEVER ending. Luckily, they are doing a rough clean this afternoon. Praise THE LORD!Another view of the kitchen. Again, please ignore the dust! :)

A view of the family room. I don't think I've showed you the built in entertainment center (without shelves yet), and the fire place. The mantle is not stained or put up yet. Too bad the people who put in the stone have to knock some of it out this week. They covered up our gas fire place nob. Nice work. Well there you go!!! Carpet goes in tomorrow and the driveway and sidewalk goes in today! Hopefully. :) Peter is there 'monitoring' as he says today so it will all get done! ;) We're looking at the weekend of the 1st as our move in weekend. HOPEFULLYYYYYYY. :)

13 comments:

the thorntons said...

Your dinner looked amazing! I'm impressed. The house has come a LONG way too! I love all the stone and the concrete. Looks like it's almost ready to move-in!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats. Your house looks REALLY nice. I can't wait to see it with furniture and completed. Keep up the good work!!
Elizabeth

lhall said...

oh my word. yall's house looks awesome. absolutely awesome. i LOVE the backsplash!

Tiffany said...

Is that Linde Browning that got engaged????? I was hoping for pictures to confirm!!! If so, I'm super excited! I LOVE the green island!

Mindy Rives said...

I'm impressed...very cool Molly! It's all coming together so fast. Can we plan a lunch date next week? Would love to see the house in person!

Laura said...

OMG Molly! You have my DREAM kitchen!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

This kitchen is starting to look pretty darn good.

Macy said...

What a good birthday gift for me....your new house!

Amanda said...

Your house is looking amazing. Yes, my sis does have very long lashes but she had some help. Here's a hint. Buy some high quality fake eyelashes for you, your sis, and your mom and have the makeup artist put them on. They're so fun. (You cannot cry though!) I'm not sure where ours came from, but you can get them at Sephora.

Britney K said...

What the krizitykrunk is a hooter hider?! I'm going to google this thing.

Britney K said...

OH! Those are so cute! I was sweating it as I googled that. I had no idea what would come up@!

Tiffany said...

Yes I do still make cakes, actually Britney just emailed me...we're talking details...

Kathy Maister said...

Your kitchen looks great! I would kill for all that huge amount of cooking space! :)
Many thanks for adding startcooking.com to your list of favorites!
Cheers, Kathy Maister