Thursday, February 21, 2008

Driveway and Carpet!

It was such a nice feeling to walk around with no shoes in our bedroom! It really felt like an almost finished house!!!!!!
Driveway.....The city has to come back and do their part so we can actually drive up on our our driveway. We had a whirlwind of at time with them with the sidewalk and driveway. We HAD to have a sidewalk, according to them. And, we had to move our curb up more even though the edge of the street is further away. So, they promised they would come and fill in the REST of the street before we moved in. HMM.....otherwise our driveway/curb will look dorky.
So.....we're 28 years old and wanted to carve our initials in the concrete!!!! haahah. We had a nice date at Thai Chili in Southlake on Tuesday night and then headed back over in the dark so Peter could create his masterpiece.
And...here it is. :)
The trim carpenters and glass/mirror people came yesterday. The trim carpenters still have to frame our mirrors. But, the master bath is almost finished!! The painters are there today and tomorrow. I'm hoping they finish touching up by the weekend. Afterall, they have ALOT to do. :)
I'm so excited I can hardly even stand it!!! Peter and I will have to finish the edges of the stain concrete over the weekend. Then, finally today the cleaning crew will make their appearance. I'm sure it will look like a brand new house by the end of the day! WHOOPPEE!!! Grass gets laid on Monday along with the fence. Well, the fence gets put up not laid. :) We're hoping and praying for our electric meter to get here before the weekend. Then a final inspection will happen and we will be good to go. We are PRAYING that we get to move in next weekend. I have a shower out of town the weekend of the 9th and then my sister gets married the weekend of the 15th!! No rest for the weary I tell ya! :)
Anyways, that's all I have today.
It's freezing in my office. So, my fingertips might fall off after I am finished with this blog.
ThE END.

17 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

I love that you guys got to carve your initials into the sidewalk!! So fun!

Pen the Tale said...

your house is so darling! did you guys design it all? the colors, etc? It really is cool!

found your blog on Lauren C.'s.

andydawn said...

YEAH!!! SOOO exciting....we have a while...I can't wait till we move :) Love the casa!!

Laura said...

I've been a longtime lurker on your blog, Molly. I'm just too excited about your house to not comment! I can't imagine how fun it would be to be able to design your house from the beginning, and I'm so happy for you guys! I get excited when I see you've added new pics of the latest happenings. Glad you are doing so well!

Natalie said...

Your house is beautiful! And I love that you chose bold paint colors!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Laura, I want to comment on your blog but it won't let me!!!!!!!!!

Kristyn said...

Love the heart with initials in it! We had some concrete work done here a couple of months ago and I stuck Preston's foot in it! hee hee. ;)
Congratulations on a very soon move-in date!!!

Pen the Tale said...

yeah, my hubs did play for Jeff! I knew there had to be some sort of connection :-)

Do you guys go to The Village? I'm guessing so...

Where are you guys building? Once again, it's awesome!

Sum said...

aww so lovley!!

Elizabeth said...

It's looking REALLY good girl!! I am so excited for you. And by the way, whether you are 18 or 28, it doesn't matter, we all want to put our initials in the wet concrete. I did!!

the thorntons said...

The city is stupid...why do they have so many rules?!? It's looking GREAT. My bet is that it'll be finished for you to move in next weekend. It's down to the details now. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Laura said...

That is precious Molly~ i love that too! I can't believe you get to move in soon! Bet you are pumped!

Shara Smith said...

The house looks great! I have got to come over and see it once it is done. I know that your decorating will be amazing! I am so excited for you guys to be in your new home. What fun!!!!

MXMiriam said...

Ok, well I believe a congratulations is in order because I finally checked your blog. I have a goal to update mine...right now I am working on a 5 year plan. I love the house! It is so you Molls. I'm excited for you to finally move in. Next time I'm in Dallas, I MUST spend the night with you!
I love you OHHHH SSOOOOO MUCH! I miss you. Hug Pdawg for me. I need to call soon.

The Faris Fam said...

Okay...you seriously need to help me with my blog! How do you get all those cute templates? Help!!

Kristyn said...

tag, you're it! ;)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The house is looking so fab! LOVE IT!