Monday, April 30, 2007

Our weekend in pictures...

Whew.......
I'm going to need to take a deep breath before I begin writing this post. We had a whirlwind of a weekend let me tell you! Weddings, weddings, and MORE WEDDINGS! It's weird, March and April must be the months to get married! But I love it! I love seeing people and I love going places! It's great entertainment for Peter and I! :) I'm not sure he likes them as much as I do!!! That's a lie, he does like weddings.

Moving on. Our weekend started on Friday night with a nice quiet dinner consisting of our favorite meal, taco salad, and a movie. We made a pallet on the floor. Peter said no at first, but then he was a good husband and made the pallet for us. I fell asleep during the movie, but what else is new.

Saturday morning we woke up early for Step Study. After that Peter got his hair cut and I went to Hallmark to buy cards for all of the showers and weddings we have in the next couple of weeks. After that we enjoyed a nice lunch at Chick-fi-la (is that how you spell that?). While we were eating, a church choir washed our car for a fundraiser. We only had 2 dollars cash. Peter felt like he needed to explain that he never carries cash. :) After that we headed over to our friends Lee and Andrea's to help them move to their first home. Lee has Chrone's disease and Andrea is pregnant, so neither one of them needed to be doing any moving. Our small group banned together and moved them. Later that evening Andrea, Lee, Thomas, Natasha, John, Justin, Peter and I headed out to Dennison for our friend's Michael and Sonia's wedding. Michael was Peter's roommate for almost a year before we got married and he is also our Celebrate Recovery ministry leader. He has such a cool testimony!! Peter admires him alot. See pictures below. The wedding started at 7:30 and it took over an hour to get there, so unfortunately, we didn't get home until amost 11. That wouldn't have been a big deal, but our flight left Sunday morning at 6am!! We woke up at 4:30am yesterday morning, threw on some clothes and headed to Love Field. We flew to Kansas City first and then caught another flight to Indianapolis. We were already tired by the time we got there around noon. We rented a car and headed to the hotel to shower and change into our wedding attire. We then headed to Dylan and Melody's wedding. Dylan is one of Peter's football friends in college. They were in a bible study together, and have just stayed close since then. He is an offensive lineman for the Indianapolis Colts...I'm sure you are all familiar. It was hilarious being there with most of the lineman. Dylan wasn't near as big as the others, but you can see in these pics that he is a large man, but such a teddy bear!! This wedding was done up right!!! Might I mentioned they got engaged in JANUARY. Yea...let's just say that there were 2 wedding coordinators involved. The wedding was beautiful! The music was amazing!!! Ben Utech, who also plays for the Colts, and his wife did some of the music, but were also in the wedding! There were 10 on each side. So, fairly large wedding party. After the wedding, we headed over to a place called Woodstock Country Club. I wasn't impressed with Indiana until we drove to the reception. The whole way there, we drove by the most amazing historic looking houses!! We decided we could be a little late and took a long detour through the neighborhoods of Indianapolis!!! We almost went to an open house, but decided not to at the last second. We arrived at the reception for a time of drinks and (orderves? does anyone know how to spell that??) Anyways, after the wedding party arrived...2 hours later, we stay down for a full course meal. They of course had table numbers and names where we were supposed to sit. We sat by people we knew thankfully, but 2 we didn't. I sat by the wide reciever coaches' wife and a sweet lady named Lucy Ann who is basically the head coaches front hand woman! She considers herself the player's mom. She knows everything about them down to their social security numbers. It was fun hearing all the crazy stories.
After dinner was the dance. Let me just tell you that we were at that wedding from 3pm-11pm, and we left EARLY! The dance was in full force. Another funny story from the wedding....I was standing near the bar area waiting on my sprite, (I was having stomach issues), and this guy and his wife were standing next to me. We just started chit chatting and I knew he looked familiar. I finally figured out it was Jeremy Camp, an amazing Christian artist. I just laughed. Seemed about right I guess.

OH yea, I was on the radio on Friday. Some man stopped me at the gas station with a microphone and started asking me all these questions about the Mav's. I of course acted like I knew all the statistics and such. :) Little did I know that I would be on the radio a few hours later. The girl I was with, Cassy for those that know her, called me about an hour after we left each other and asked me if she had just heard me on the radio. I told her nothing about it. I had my 2 minutes of fame. It was fantastic.


Now to today. Peter and I again got up at 430am this morning for our flights back to Dallas. We had to get back in time for an 11:30am meeting at his work and my allergy tests. Pictures of the torture below. It wasn't so bad. Although, I'm still pretty itchy. I was most allergic to grass and trees. Those would be the large welps on my back..and cats too. :) Sad, but true.

I'm tired and hungry. So, I hope you enjoy the pics!!!!





















11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

looks like you had a ton of fun, but might i say about your allergy test.....ummmm....maybe you should move to the beach!!! your welps look itchy!!

the thorntons said...

OK, first things first...You spell it Hors D'Oeuvres. Never fear--Webster to the rescue. :)

Second of all, who are you to be partyin' with the rich and famous?!?! Can I just tell you how jealous Ryan is of you right now?? Next to the Cowboys, the Colts are his fav.

And WOW...about those whelps. I think that's officially the worst I've ever seen you splotch!! Your blogs wear me out, so I have to go to bed now. Sounds like you could use some sleep too!! Love ya. :)

campers said...

Hey ~ I t could be worse... you could be allergic to dogs!!! Those welps look painful! Sounds like y'all had an awesome weekend!!!! I'm with sarah your blogs make me tired! I love reading them though! Get some rest....you'll be here next week...right?

Sum said...

what the crap?! are they torturing you or testing you for allergies!?

Andrea W. said...

Molly- you look amazing! I miss seeing you. Looks from the last 2 pics that you may have some allergies! Hope you get on some medicine soon!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Where did you get that adorable green dress? All your "wedding" dresses are so cute!

ThePoeFam said...

You're a mess!!! It was so fun talking with you yesterday! Quinn is ready to see his Auntie Molly for sure...hopefully soon...when your crazy life dies down! LOVE YOU!

chavon taylor said...

um yeah. i love you a whole lot. i am so thankful to jesus for our new fun deep crazy come quickly jesus friendship!

Andrea Bowman said...

i know...i already was starting to read everyone's (while i'm at work...whoops)...so i decided i wanted to get comments and be in on the fun too :)

Laura said...

I love all the wedding pics! So fun! I am sorry about the allergy tests! I had that done when I was little and I thought it was awful!Thank goodness I wasn't allergic to cats since we have 5!!!!! Miss you! Keep up the cute posts!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

You are sooo sweet....I know I finally joined the blog world...I am just sooo behind and so bad at it!!! This is only my 2nd post...I am just so computer illiterate (sp??? and to think I was an English teacher)...anyways hopefully I will get the hang of it! Hey what service do yall go to? I never see you anymore????? You and Peter are tooooo cute together!!!!!!!!