Monday, April 16, 2007

The News/The Mavericks!

I really have alot to say today, but I'm going to limit my words. First of all, I can no longer watch the news. It got me in trouble last week when Peter was out of town. I of course had to be alone when there is a serial rapist on the loose attacking single women in apartments. Luckily, I do not live in a first floor apartment. Still, I slept with a bat next to my bed on Monday night. I slept about total a few hours. I kept waking up scaring myself half to death with the slightest noise. Needless to say, I repented of my fear and called my sister to come stay with me. :) Today, I got home from subbing to find out about the shootings at Virgina Tech!? WHAT IN THE WORLD!? Jesus, come soon I say!!!! I can't handle this. So, I'm not watching the news ever again. My mind cannot handle it.

On to happier things. Peter returned from Florida on Friday. Funny story here. :)
I went to the baggage claim area to meet him. I'm minding my own business looking for a seat. I was 20 minutes early. What can I say, I missed my husband! Anyways, as I was walking I spot the prettiest puppy! There was no other choice in my mind except to sit right next to nice, young black man and pet his puppy. I start asking questions about the sweet thing and find out it's a pit bull puppy. It of course had on a pink, rhinestone (or was it diamonds) collar. As I am caring on a conversation with this nice young man about his dog, this woman runs up to him with her camera and a piece of paper and asks for autograph and a picture. I'm thinking oh my gosh, this is somebody famous! I had no clue. So, she leaves, and shortly after another woman comes running up....I quickly figure out it was this young, VERY FAMOUS rapper/dancer.


I of course just kind of sat there in shock. I kept pretending I wasn't interested in a picture/autograph, but really I was. I said thank you for letting me pet his puppy and then he was quickly followed by his entourage outside to his Escalade Limo. hahahaha....
So, I see Peter and quickly tell him my great story. I forgot how much I missed him and forgot to hug him! :) So, I hugged him for a while after this.
We headed home and were both starving. We went to Seven Salsas for some great mexican food! We had no idea that we were eating during a tornado. Actually, we did, but the margarita had kicked in. I guess we felt safer in the restaurant then our 2nd floor apartment. After that we made a trip to Pet Land again. :) There were about 3 puppies in each cage! I was in PUPPY HEAVEN! After getting my puppy fix we headed next door to DSW! I got some new Puma shoes! I was so excited! They were 25 dollars marked down from 70! WOOHOO! :)

Sunday, we scored tickets to the Mavericks game. Peter's boss gave them to us. We really went in with no expectations to find out that......


We had 3rd row tickets right underneath the basket and platinum parking! Needless to say, we hob-nobbed with the ritches. :)

Us smiling our little hearts out!

The ever so wealthy Mark Cuban...looks like he got a new doo! :) It was funny listening to him yell.

Here's how close we actually were!!!!!!!

There was a great half-time show. Wonder-dogs! Let me tell you, they were amazing!!!! We lucked out!

Thank you Peter's boss for a fun Sunday afternoon!!!

4 comments:

andydawn said...

Yall are so cute!! I love the pic of yall at the game;) I would have never know he was a celeb either. Glad Peter is back...that is scary about the serial rapist :(

campers said...

wow..y'all were close! Looks like so much fun! When I lived up there I NEVER watched the news! One good thing about living here in A-town....news isn't R-rated! That is so cool about meeting a famous person!!!! Glad Pedro is home! Love u!

Jessica and Matt said...

I seriously just laughed out loud at your Chris Brown story. I can totally see my self doing the same thing, but I don't think I would have figured out who he was! I would have just had to ask him.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

We were at the Mavs game too. It was a good time!

You did good...playing it cool in front of Chris Brown.