Monday, April 02, 2007

Great weekend!!

Peter and I had a fantastic weekend. I always cherish them more than the week days. We were inseperable.

Peter always pretends he has something planned, when really it was my idea in the first place. We're working on that aren't we Peter?!! He jokes with me about how I don't trust him in that area. I said, you're right! haha. It's always spur of the moment. But, it's okay because when he's at work from 7-7 every day, his mind is at work...unfortunately.
We've been trying to eat at home during the week to save money. But, little did we know, it's more expensive to buy groceries than it is to eat out!!!! WHAT>?! We were sick to our stomachs over the amount of food we had purchased. The good thing, we ate at home almost 3 weeks in a row! Needless to say, I cooked spagetti on Friday night. Yum. We then headed off to the movies in the pouring down rain to see "Reign Over Me." It's very unlike Peter and I to go see a movie on Friday night. Luckily we both managed to stay awake. The movie was awesome! Hearing the rain hit the roof was also incredible. I think the movies are a safe place in a tornado watch? Right? haha.
Saturday morning we headed up to church for our usual 8-10 step study. We were STARVING when it was let out, so we went on a hunt for breakfast burritos. We drove towards Denton thinking we remembered it being more up north, but much to our dismay, it was right by our apartment. Hahaha. The burritos were to die for!!!! I was supposed to wait until we got home to eat, but I was again STARVING! haha. So, I watched Peter eat his on the balcony. The morning was beautiful. We got the grand idea to go play football/frisbee outside. Little did I know that we would be playing a round of frisbee golf on Sunday. Anyways, after our throwing session I was tired. So, we both fell asleep for 3.5 hours! Whoa..I know. We got up in time to get ready and head over to Pappasito's in Dallas. Mallory and Jason were having a surprise party for Mallory's mom. We were by far the youngest there but it was great! Free food! I of course had heartburn the whole night after one margarita and too much chips and salsa! Ughg. Peter woke up to me practically sitting up sleeping in the bed. He laughed, but knew my misery! I'm getting old. Geez.

So, then yesterday, we headed to church and then back home for spagetti left overs. Peter went to work for about 3 hours after that and I cleaned, cleaned cleaned! I was very proud of myself I must say. I love watching Peter's face when he walks in to a vacuumed apartment. He loves the site. :) We quickly got ready and headed to Academy. I got some new shorts....we were only supposed to be buying frisbees for our game. :) Thank you Peter for my addidas shorts. We found a really cool Frisbee Golf course in Coppell thanks to Brad and Thomas. I played against Peter, Brad, Natasha and Thomas. I wasn't last place! I think we stopped taking score after both Peter and Thomas lost their frisbees in the water. Don't you worry, my husband went after his...and mine after it accidentally fell in on the last hole.! I'm sore today!? Is that weird? Probably, but I feel as if I got a great workout with a little sun! We headed over to an after game meal at Dickey's barbeque. YUMMMMY!
Peter and I then rented The Pursuit of Happyness and The Painted Veil. I didn't make it through the first movie. We plan on watching the other tomorrow night as we are going to a dinner party tonight!! YUPPPEEE!

I didn't sub today! Hallelujah! I am going over to play with Baby Quinn. After being at the hospital all day for his birth, I never got to hold him. So, I'm bringing Brittney lunch in exchange for some Quinn time! hahaha. :)

Friday and Saturday Peter and I are going on a road trip. Unfortunately the only details I know are who's going and that we are riding in an RV! WHAT? The rest is a secret. We then will travel to Abilene on Saturday afternoon for some time with family! We're excited. Then Peter leaves for a week to Florida. Anyone want to spend the night? !:)))

Bye for now.

6 comments:

allyo said...

PLEASE come stay with us...We have a spare bedroom, I will cook you dinner and Camden needs soem Aunt Molly time!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Laura said...

You always have such cute weekend stories! I love it. I got to go baby shopping from 10 am til 9 pm on Saturday! It was insane but I found the furniture. Oh and I might find out what I'm having this Thursday :). Love you!

the thorntons said...

Ryan and I are laughing hysterically at how random your blog is. You are too funny! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend with your hubby!! And I'm very jealous of your afternoon of "Baby Q time"! Have fun in the RV next weekend! :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

OK, yes...why is eating in so expensive??? Xavi and I can definately eat at Sonic for cheaper than cooking a meal at home.

And...what???!!! You live on Crestline? I didn't know! You've got to tell me which house is your's sometime! Charity, Shannon, and I will come harass you next time we're all in town.

a likens said...

I love that you almost gave it away and you didn't even know it. I hope you had a great weekend!

Cassy said...

Look at me... I'm posting a comment! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Hopefully you're working some this week to help pass the time while Peter's gone. You're right, eating in can be more expensive... unless you go cheap like us... $2 Tony's frozen pizza or my crockpot red beans and corn bread (also about $2 total for the meal.) Those are our favs!!