Monday, April 09, 2007

She's engaged!!

Natalie that is....
Well, I think I might have given away on the last post some of the details of this past weekend. I was sworn to secrecy about what was going to happen. I thought I knew everything, but I was wrong! :) Our trip to Austin was part of Josh's plan to propose to Natalie. Basically the only ones that did not know were Rachel and Natasha. It was hard not to give it away, but I did good. As good as I could do anyways. We left Friday around 12 to travel to Austin.....

Here were the travelers on the way:
Me
Peter
Natasha
Thomas
David
Miriam
Rachel
Craig
Jeremy
then we added
Josh
Natalie and
Marissa

We met Beau, Kim, Josh, Natalie, Miranda and Luke in Austin for dinner at the Oasis. That place is totally overrated by the way! The food was horrible. Peter's hamburger, when he got it, was alive on the table. But, the view was great. It was of course to cold to eat outside. Interesting weather we had this weekend. But before we went to dinner, we met Natalie and Josh at the Austin airport.

He had proposed to her on the plane after sending her on a scavenger hunt for new clues through Dallas. The last clue said to go to Love Field, gate something or other. She had no ID or anything, but they let her on! They even had an assigned seat for her on the Southwest Flight. Little did she know that Josh was at the back of the plane. We watched the whole thing on video in the RV. SO precious!

And the last pictures are of my awesome keyboard! Peter is so sweet to me. He told me a long time ago that he wanted me to have one for selfish reasons. He wanted to be serenaded daily through hymns. :) Well, the first night we got it, he cried as we sang hymns together. Who does that? SO STINKING SWEET! My husband is one amazing fella. I am missing him terribly. I cried when I dropped him off at the airport this morning! Pathetic I realize....throw me a bone, we've only been married for 4 months!

After we went to Austin we headed to Abilene to spend Easter with both families. We had a great time. I have no pics to document! Shoot. Peter and I didn't make it to church. We forgot to set the alarm and woke up at 10. We were supposed to go with his family. It was way to cold outside to be putting church clothes on! :) Excuses I guess. :)

Well, enjoy the pics!






















Isn't she a beaut! :) I love playing her.

10 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Speaking of hymns...if you're looking for a good one to play for Peter when he gets back home...take a little listen to Travis Cottrell's arrangement of Praise to the Lord, the Almighty. That's an oldie but a goodie. We sang it on Easter at church, and WOW---such a good one!

campers said...

I am sooo not kidding...I have a pic of Peter with something hanging out of his nose on the Washington DC trip in 8th grade!!!!! Must be a pose he loves!!! :~) Love the new keyboard!

Laura said...

I remember that pose Thompson! That is hilarious! And Molly I think that Natasha is precious! I am so excited for them. And yes, you will get an update :), we found out some news last week!

Laura said...

I meant to say Natalie ;), but they are both precious!I love engagements!

Natalie said...

Hey Molly! I didn't realize that you got married...congrats! And you are in Dallas? Small world!

the thorntons said...

Congrats to Natalie!! So, what kind of keyboard did you get? I can't tell by the pictures. So exciting!! Can I come over and play on her?? I wish Ryan would sing hymns with me...on second thought, maybe it's better that he didn't. ha! :)

Jessica and Matt said...

An RV trip is something I've never done, but it looks like fun--perfect for a group! Way to go, you! Your car and your ring, AND a keyboard! That's great! You SHOULD be proud of yourself!

Mere Ware said...

You are definitely the bigger person for admitting to being a blog stalker first...I totally stalk your blog too! Along with about 20 others. I just have never commented because ...hello... I am stalking. But now, you have given me a new-found freedom! Congrats on getting married, btw!

Meredith

Kellie said...

Molly...hello finally. I am a new blogger and you've seen my myspace, so forgive me! Your posts are really fun to read. Let's catch up sometime!

chavon taylor said...

first off, how freaking sweet are all of you guys! proposing on planes and crying in your apartment singing hymns. God is so amazing!

second, check out my blog. you'll love it.