Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Austin

Peter and I traveled to Austin this weekend for his brother Kelly’s wedding. We both took Friday off. I love Friday’s, especially when Peter is off too! We woke up around 8 and decided we needed to exercise. There is a park near our apartment with several walking trails. I was especially excited about seeing all of the dogs. It was overcast outside and so it was our run was very pleasant. We ran by the man-made mini lakes and basically were in the backyards of many of the park neighbors. We ran a good 2 miles. It felt so good! Then we went back to the apartment. Peter cooked us a hearty breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs and toast. I made some coffee. It was delicious! There is something about working out and then drinking coffee! It is so relaxing. A quick story about the eggs Peter made. I guess he was trying to be creative or something, but he decide to put cinnamon and garlic salt and pepper in the eggs. I smelt the aroma immediately and was not impressed. Hahaha. It stunk! We joked about it and I still ate it! We did some packing, showered, and were off to Austin by 11:30am. The drive is so easy from Dallas to Austin. I don’t know why we don’t go more often. We stayed with Matthew and Laura and Baby C. We didn’t get to see them much, but when we did, it was such a sweet time. We got to their house and quickly changed clothes. We didn’t want to be in the Austin traffic! So, went to the hotel where the majority of the Abrigg family was staying. It’s always good to see the nieces and nephews. They love their Uncle Peter! This particular trip, Henslee, our niece to a liking to me! She is 2 and a half! I was very excited that she wanted to be with her aunt Molly. Henslee is expecting a sister in early August! I am pumped about this!
The whole gang traveled over to Kelly’s house where we were to have dinner with Audrey’s family. We had some incredible pizza and wine. I held Audrey’s 4 month old nephew most of the time.  I know I know….I’m a sucker for holding babies!
We were beat around 9:30 so we decided to head back to Laura and Matthew’s. I fell asleep on the couch watching Friends. They woke up around 12 just in time to hit the hay!
Saturday morning was also a very relaxing morning for Peter and I. We woke up at 8 again and decided to exercise AGAIN! Who are we? We went into downtown Austin and ran a trail around Town Lake. It was beautiful and packed with other exercisers. hahah.
We ate some Einstein’s bagels afterward. Something happened to my knee during out exercise. I guess I am having issues again, but it was terribly painful to walk down stairs. Weird. I took some Advil and we were on our way. We found some of Peter’s family at the Children’s Museum of Austin while were downtown. We were of course to cool to pay to get it in. So, we walked around downtown. Around 1ish we headed to the outlet malls in Round Rock. I got a skirt for 15 dollars and Peter got some pants for 20. We were proud. Boy was I tired! But, no rest for the weary! We quickly showered back at the house and got ready for the wedding. The wedding was at Mayfield Gardens (see pictures). It was beautiful. There were several peacocks everywhere who decided to talk to us the whole time! It was crazy! Audrey was beautiful and Kelly was crying. It was the most precious sight ever! We met some very interesting Austinites. ;) Most of them were pretty drunk which made the evening even more interesting. I myself had to much wine, which made me just want to lay my head on the table and to go sleep. Of course there are no pictures on my camera of Peter and I together, so I will ask Peter’s dad for some. I know he took several.  Here are a few more from the wedding.
Sunday morning we got up early again and met Peter’s family for brunch at 10. We went to Z Tejas on 6th street in Austin. What a great restaurant. Around noon we headed back to Dallas. Overall, we had a great trip! It’s always good to get away. We finished off the weekend with church and dinner with Rachel, Craig, Natasha, Thomas, Dave and his new girlfriend of which I cannot remember her name! SHOOOT!. I love my friends.

I had the pleasure of spending the day at the hospital for the birth of Quinn Davis Poe!! He was born at 2:52pm and weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 19 inches long! He is beautiful! See pics below! Brittney did an incredible job!!! Babies, babies and more babies!!! AHHHH!!!!


Quinn Davis Poe! He opened his eyes for me!! So pretty. This picture does nont do him justice!

PEACOCKS!!! They were so loud, but so pretty!!!!

Gaige and Henslee and Ashlee....before the wedding

Audrey and Kelly.....

Audrey and Kellyl and some of the wedding party. The girl's dress on the far right was my favorite!

My hottt husband! Isn't he sweet!


I'm a dork....thanks Leigh Ann for letting me borrow your dress. It's at the cleaners before I hand it back over! boobhoooo. Henslee told me I was wearing a pretty bra.

Give away boxes and recipe with Audrey and Kelly's pic on the front.

Peter climbing a tree trying to get the lights down. Seems about right that he was climbing a tree. :)

Peter with Peyton's security blanket, or pig for that matter.

Me in mid sentence.....dork again. Peter says it looks like I'm sneezing. By the way, I passed the questions at the allergist today. I'm getting tested for allergies some time in the next few weeks. I guess that means I'm getting stuck. WOOHOO!

6 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Baby Quinn is adorable! And so good to see the Abrigg nieces & nephews!

Laura said...

It was great to see you and Peter this past weekend! Sorry for the pink eye and hopefully next time we will see yal longer! So glad you enjoyed Town Lake, I think it's beautiful too! I love that little Quinn and can't wait to see more pics.

campers said...

loved the pics...especially of our sweet nephew! I can't wait to hold him in my arms!

Jessica and Matt said...

Molly, you are a NUT! I know--I heard you had been there all day... I must not have gotten there long after you left (I got there around 4:15). But you'll get to hold him soon! I think it will really hit me when they're at home with him. Crazy! Btw--MattBurk has HORRIBLE allergies, too. Horrible. And he has had a lot of luck using Allegra D and Flonase--together. One without the other doesn't work for him... So, just a thought!

Maybe (because of Quinn), I'll see you soon!

the thorntons said...

It was so much fun spending the day at the hospital with you. I'm glad you were there as we entered the "next phase" as you put it! Hope your sneezing stops soon. :)Love you!!

Nat Pat said...

I just love Austin. What a sweet little baby! Hope you didn't catch too much baby fever! ha ha.