Thursday, April 03, 2008

Charlie...and Meg.

All about Charlie.

Charlie is quickly settling in to her new home after being away at my parents house for the last year. She LOVED being at my parents house because she had 3 other dogs to play with. Well, 2 really. Carly, our dachshund doesn't play. She sits, eats and sleeps....and barks at the other dogs.


Here is Charlie at the lake with Peter a few weekends ago.


Here is Charlie laying with her new friend Sadie a few weeks ago as well. She LOVES other dogs. It was so cute watching them play.





Here is Charlie asleep underneath our kitchen table at dinner the other night. She had her head laid on my mother-in-law's feet. It was hilarious. Charlie HAS to be wherever we are. Since Vivian is home most of the day, she has quickly become her new best friend. :) (Please ignore our un-stained kitchen table that we got for $50 at an estate sale.) Peter said he would tackle that this weekend. :)





And here is me attempting to take her picture this morning. She was being SO cute. She woke me up 8 minutes before my alarm...which really makes me angry. :) She got on the bed, which she really isn't allowed to do and started licking my armpits. WHAT? She has an obsession with armpits and lotion. LICKER! And then she started licking my face. Apparently, Peter was in the kitchen. She didn't want to get up when he did, so an hour later when he was eating breakfast, it was time for her to get up.





Maybe if you click on the picture, you can see all of the dog hair that has collected on my rug. It is so nasty. Pretty soon I will have to throw it away. I've resorted to a lint brush. Thanks Macy.



Speaking of Macy...



Macy, her daughter Meg, and I went to Which Wich for lunch the other day. It was beautiful outside. Meg was the star of our party. Here's a few hilarious pictures of her.




I sure hope my child has as much personality as Meg.


We're settling in quite nicely in our new home. Things have yet to appear on the walls. Why is it so hard to bang a hole in a new wall???? It's so depressing! :)


Here's some fabulous fabrics I bought yesterday to cover some big canvas to line my stairs. Our entryway and stairs have a 20ft ceiling. It needs some decoration big time. I show the final product when it's finished.

First, here is a pic of the fabric I chose for our upstairs bathroom shower curtain. It's chandelier's and I LOVE IT!!!!!! It's pretty bold, but well, you know me. I'm bold. :) It goes perfect with the towels I already have.



Here's the first panel of the 3 that stair step up the wall.

Here's the second one. This small piece does not do it justice. It really blends the first and the 3rd. I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy by now. :) well good.

Here is the 3rd. I LOVE this fabric. It's a deeper yellow almost gold color. I'm so excited to hang these up!!!!

Of course there were SEVERAL other things I wanted to buy...but the cash budget called and told me to put my money back in it's envelope. :) a.k.a....Peter Eugene. :) He keeps me in line.

Last weekend we had a slumber party over at Natalie and Josh Drew's. There were 4 couples. It was the most fun I'd had in a while. The next day, we all came over to our house after picking Miriam up from the airport for her 5 hour layover. Do you know what we did for 5 hours??? We played Monopoly. MAN do people get crazy during Monopoly. I especially enjoyed Natasha's negotiating skills and Peter's game face. People become liars during Monopoly. I wish I had taken pics. Miriam and Natalie, you'd better send me your pics. :) It was a great day. Sunday we went driving around looking at houses with his parents and then went to a cookout. I held a 6 week old baby the whole time and was in HEAVEN. After that we headed to church. We came home to another home cooked meal. I'm going to get fat with Peter's parents living with us. :)

This week has been a bit of a bummer. I won't go into details for fear of blog stalkers. :) But, it's on the uphill..it's Thursday and I LOVE the weekend.

There's my update for the week.

I promise I'll post some pics of the house when I get some stuff hung up. :)

12 comments:

Macy said...

She is ridiculous. Your daughter will probably be boring, like me. I think that is how it goes. I am sorry to hear you had a bummer week. Call me if you want to talk.

Britney K said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted! Say, where'd you get those fabrics?
No fun on the bummer week. It's been a bummer of a week around our world too. Just learning to trust the Lord's heart more and more.

the thorntons said...

I love the fabrics you chose! They will look awesome on the BIG canvases. And as far as the dog hair goes and the licking of the arm pits, I still say it's worth it. I love having dogs, and Charlie is SO sweet. I think even Jack would like her.

Sorry you had a not so great week! Love you!! :)

Shauna said...

I love all the fabrics. They are great! I had to break up from blogging when I was still working too. And then Kip has forced me to take some time away a few times. Kind of sad.

campers said...

so glad charlie is back with y'all....even though dog hair is a major downfall of dogs...i say it is way worth it!!!sorry your week wasn't so good.... hope your weekend is better! Lots of Love to u!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Absolutely adore the fabrics!

carla's gateway said...

I LOVE the color and design... somehow it quite fits you Molly! Bright, diversified and complimentary. we get to vacuum an entire Scarlett (our white german shepherd) every other day... shedding is a real problem. WE INVESTED (yes, it is an INVESTMENT) in a Dyson, it has REALLY been worth it. I think Elly is looking into one for anniversary or birthday, or something giftworthy soon! They have a new german shorthair. Anyway... I love seeing your new house and the happy family within. Tell Viv HI, (how long are they with you guys?... will they be in ya'lls area with Larry's job?) love you, ckt

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see what you did what that fabric!
And I LOVE LOVE TRIPLE LOVE that shower curtain!!!!

Hollie Reese said...

I am glad you posted and your break didn't last too long! I love the fabrics and can"t wait to see finished pictures!

Laura said...

Hannah (our lab) is obsessed with lotion, TOO! She gets all excited whenever I get out of the shower and come into the living room because she knows I'm going to put on lotion -- she loves fresh lip gloss, too.

Anonymous said...

Molly- I like everyone else, love the fabrics you chose. I was actually thinking about doing something similiar. where do you get the canvas??

The Faris Fam said...

Where are you getting those amazing fabrics????!!!!