Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Working Girl

I'm not going to lie, the last 6 months have been fantastic. I think I'll be a great stay-at-home-mom. These hours are weird. I will say I'm excited about working out at a gym! I have no excuse now not to go. The only bummer is, no gym has classes between the hours of 12-3. Hmm. I guess it's just going to be me and the machines. I'm sure they'll be kicking my butt. Yesterday was my first day at LA Fitness. My doctor says it's like going to a bar. Everyone just hangs out and chit chats in groups of four. I'm like? Stop staring and workout! So, I just ignore everyone. That's probably rude, but it's a LARGE gym. I'm not used to such a large gym. Yesterday I went to workout and then headed over to Brianna's house for lunch and rest time. I really didn't rest. I held sweet Evan! The other two chitlins were asleep! NAPTIME! I wish I was napping right now. Is it just me or am I always sleepy when it's 100 degrees outside.

I got my allergy shot today. When I was getting up to leave I almost passed out. It was actually funny this time. I just got light headed. I wish my body would go back to normal. Thanks to the lovely BC, I'm ALL screwed up!
Speaking of health issues. I got a call from my nurse last week and she said they had my Holter monitor results. I asked her if it was urgent? She said no, not at all, but that I needed to schedule a time to come in and review them. That means another co-pay in their minds! Ugh! Why can't they just tell me over the phone! I now know it was for sure hormonal. Sorry if your a boy and you are reading this. Again, stupid BC.

Peter and I had a great weekend. Friday night we went with 2 couples from our small group to La Madeline. I had half a sandwich and some tomato basil soup! YUM! WE sat there for over 3 hours giggling at each other! Saturday morning we woke up early and drove to A-town to visit the folks and to Laura and Laney's baby shower. Good times I tell ya! My mom decided we should celebrate my birthday a week and half early! I obliged. We ate some great McKay's bakery cake! I actually had 2 pieces on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. The one on Sunday was actually from my sister's cake. Hahah, yup, we celebrated hers too.
Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day. My mom's whole side of the family came in for some of her home cooking! My grandmother requested that we have Turkey and Dressing. Thankfully, I was not hungry AT ALL so I did not stuff my face. We then looked at Sarah's Africa pics. IT makes me want to go and hug on some kids!! We had every intention of coming back to Dallas for Kristen's wedding, but the family time could not be interrpted. Cassy sent us this pitiful picture of her and chad sitting at "the roommate" table all alone! I'm embarrassed. Kristen, if you are reading this, I'm sorry. WE were trying to juggle 2 families! I have no excuses. I know you were beautiful.
This weekend is Natasha and Thomas' wedding! It should be a fun-filled weekend! I thankfully only have to work a half day on Friday! Praise-a-lujah!!! They, thankfully, will be living in the apartment complex next to us! PRaise-a-lujah again!!!

Well, I'm done. I'm bored because we have no patients. If you need a chiropractor, you know my number! :) I just got my first one today. It was crazy! No lie, I already feel looser! Is that a word?

2 comments:

the thorntons said...

You make me laugh. I'm glad you're getting into the swing of work. I have a phobia of large gyms. I always say that I have to get in shape BEFORE I go to the gym and get stared at by all of those people, but I guess that doesn't make much sense does it?!? I feel so self-conscious when I go, so I'm proud of you!

Maybe after I finish packing and moving and working on the house, I'll make an appointment with your chiropractor!

Richardsons of HV said...

Switch to condoms...girl, BC stinks!!! It made me super crazy and I had horrible side effects!