Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pics.

Well, I'm a dufus. It seems as if a couple of posts ago, I thought the momma was carrying off the egg on accident. Stupid me....There are not 2 babies in 1 egg! She was just cleaning out the nest! It looks as if both babies survived! And here the are a couple of days after their birth. I caught them just in time for momma and daddy to make the switch. It's been interesting watching them feed the babies. Basically the babies just put their beaks in the momma's mouth and she regurgitates. The more I watched it the more I got a little sick to my stomach.

The baby birds a few days ago.

Here's what we saw outside our window last night. I was actually stuck in Walmart during the torential down pour! The lights were even flicking on and off! SCARY!

These next pictures are from today. Our neighbor upstairs owns two Visla dogs! They are BEAUTIFUL! I met them the day before my wedding. My dad and I were attempting to move our table and Brian and the Visla's came out. The big one seen in the last picture is Jack. He's HUGE. And, the puppy, who is big now is Winnie short for Winchester. Winnie was just a little bittie puppy when I met her and it was love at first sight! I see them every morning on the balcony. Today Brian left me the key to his apartment and I went up and got them to play! I brought them down to the apartment. It was hilarious! They both were fighting for my affection. Here's a few pics to document this beautiful occasion! I love them.

Winnie!

Jack couldn't get close enough and that made Winnie mad, so she laid on Jack!

Winnie beggin me to rub her tummy!

Jack! He's HUGGGGEEE!!!!! He stands about at my waste! I mean seriously.

Have a good day!

5 comments:

kerristarr said...

Neighbor! We just missed each other in the wal mart last night. As soon as I left it started pouring. Glad to know that both baby birds are alive and well.

Andi said...

Anytime you want to play with my sweet puppies just let me know! Call me sometime. We should hang out.

Laura said...

I want those dogs, do you think I could handle a puppy too :)? I love the baby bird story, you need to write a children's booka bout it. Love you!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Those dogs are gorgeous! get one!

Nat Pat said...

how's the new job going?