Friday, January 20, 2006


Well, I officially had to download something else to get this. I sure hope this works this time. Monday we had a fun day through Dallas by Dart. We did it on a whim. What better way to celebrate a good man..Martin Luther King! Thank you Martin. :) Today is Friday...hallelujah. Although, tomorrow is a work day. Tonight I'm working with the youth group in what's called SPIN weekend. I'm crazy. Then, tomorrow I have to work all day. I have to judge Middle School Region Choir auditions in Mansfield. Oh man, it's going to suck. All day listening to pubescent MS voices. OH Lord help me. It should be a fun-filled day let me tell you. I had to judge next to an epileptic who had a seizure the night before....i have a huge fear of people with epililepsy. it is the most confusing disease to me. Then on the other side of me was a mand who was gay who has been HIV positive for 10 years going strong. He had a whole slew of vitamins that he took periodically throughout the day. He was very open about his disease. I was very open to listen but a little nervous at the same time....trying to be the hands and feet of Jesus but fear getting in the way. Anyways, so that's that.

Well, an update on things as of late. I love my little community of friends. I acutally have met a few new friends in the past couple of weeks. One of which is named Brandon. He won the 2000 Olympic gold medal in wrestling. Needless to say, he's big. So, genius me decided it would be fun to start working out with him once a week. Last week we worked out on Monday. Incredible leg workout. I ran the next day. That evening, my calf muscles started aching. The next morning I could not flatten my foot. My roommates told me I looked like I had cerebral paulsy when I walked. I have never been that crippled from working out. This week was much better. We are much better friends so I can tell him when it's too much for me. You can check him out on the web at www.brandonslay.com. I am honored to have him as my friend. An incredible man of God to say the least!!!!!

These next few months are going to be crazy. I have decided to run the cowtown 10K in downtown Ft. Worth. The most I have ever run in my life is 3 miles. It will be a challenge, but I'm up for it. I'm also scared out of my mind. I'm running with a good guy friend from high school of which everyone called "white lightning." Yea, he was and is a fast runner. I told him my fears about running with him and he just laughed. So, pray for my training, or lack there of. :)

I hope everyone has found this new blog. I deleted the other one due to some circumstances I'd rather not mention. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Friday. THank you Lord for being the center of all of my relationships with people. I could not do it without you.......
Peace in the Middle East. :) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

lhall said...

yay! so good to find you again! i had no inspiration to blog ever again since you no longer had a blog...now, i too, can return to the wonderful world of posting! ummm, does the fact that you deleted your old one have anything to do with me??? you know what i mean.

hejlyeah said...

run girl run! i think mav's doing that race too ...

Jennifer K said...

I am glad your back! I am jealous of you being able to run. Have fun training!