Monday, January 23, 2006

Case of the Monday's

I can't BELIEVE it is already Monday. In fact, I feel like the weekend did not even exsist! Whew. I knew it would be a whirlwind.

So, I'll catch you up on the details...

1. Slight mishap with my camera. It feel out of my hands onto the floor, and one of my high school girls accidentally stepped right on the screen. I slowly felt tears coming down my face. It was horrible. So, praying that it can be fixed...for free.

2. Friday, mad dash to Highland Village after school. Stopped by Kroger to get goodie bags for my kids trying out for the region choir the next day. Rushed to the church..to find an old friend that I hadn't seen in forever. In fact, we were in the 1st grade together! I won't mention any names, well, because, he's incredibly good loooking. His band was leading worship for our youth disciple now this weekend. So, we caught up for about 20 minutes on each other's lives. We laughed about how he was mute until 7th grade..and now he won't shutup. We also laughed about how I wasn't mute. I know some of you find that hard to believe. Shut your faces! :) Sorry to be so stearn. Well, then all the kids came tumbling in..worship followed by the speaker for the weekend...followed by me chit chatting with my friend once more..and home. I drove back to Dallas..might I add it takes 30 minutes. I was in bed by 10:40 knowing I had to get up at 5:30 am. My "friend" had been giving me a hard time about not going to bed and hanging out with my roommates, so I promised him I would be in bed and asleep. Well, the genius that he is text messaged me at midnight and it said, "you'd better be in bed." Well, at 6:30am the next morning I knew it would be exciting to text message him right back with the words "WAKEY WAKEY" on it. I returned the favor..because he woke up tooo! :)

3. Saturday...the day from you know where. Met the kids at another middle school with the rest of our district...and off to Mansfield. Well, the bus driver got us lost. He couldn't speak much English. By the grace of God, this lady pulled up next to us and asked us what we were looking for. We followed her to the school. I got out to say thank you, and she said, well you can thank Jesus. I said, thanks I already have. :) Thank you Jesus! Well, so we were 30 minutes late. I got to judge with two hilarious women. Our room went by fast. For some reason I was put as the HEAD JUDGE in my room. What were they thinking! :) I was glad, because we breezed through wasting no time. :)
So, spent the rest of the day there....rolled back in to Irving at 6:30. Had take one of my kids home in the ghetto. Sad story there. But she made 5th chair and I was sooo excited for her.

4. Got home. Packed a bag, drove back to Highland Village..30 minutes...in time for worship and the speaker. Off to the house..of which was humungous. He was a PGA golf pro. I won't divulge any names. SO, of course no sleep for the weary.

5. Woke up at 7:30, cleaned up the house..which took forever...got everyone's stuff in the cars, back to the church, and on my way home by 12. On my way home my "friend" called and asked me what I was doing. Spent the afternoon with him...and then back to church at 5. I was dead come 7. So, off to bed at 9:00pm.

Did I mention that I was tired?
But, what an amazing weekend. I am so lucky to be healthy, to not have any disease, to not be struggling with the things that my high school girls are struggling with...to have a roof over my head and a job.

Wow, thank you for today Lord.

3 comments:

leslie said...

Your "friend" sounds like Mr. Flirty pants!! How fun! Your weekend made me want to go take a nap.

lhall said...

wow. so i want a name of this new boyfriend of yours.

ThePoeFam said...

Someone needs to call me and really fill me in today! I'm TOO curious! Do I know this boy? Why can't I think of who it is!? DYING HERE!!!