Tuesday, January 24, 2006

day from well, you know where...


hoping my face will look likes this.....after the day is over....Yesterday was possibly on of the worst days I have had here in the last 3 years of teaching. I left feeling as if I had accomplished nothing in the last 3 years. I left feeling like eveyr middle school kid I teach had some kind of power over every single one of my emotions. If only I was one of those teachers who could keep their emotions out of teaching. I almost cried a few times, not becuase I was sad, because I was so frustrated. I'm so tired of giving chance after chance after chance to kids who don't care worth a flip that I actually care about them. yesterday, I kicked 4 kids out of my top choir. 4 kids that I have had in class for 3 years now, who just don't get it. They said they hated me yesterday, and I said, well, get it out, it will make everyone much happier. Oh the joys of kids, and how they affect your lives regardless if they are your own or now.
So, what did I do when I got home, I ran 2.6 miles. I was angry and I just kept running, until my knee couldn't stnad it any longer. I wanted to get 3 in, and I was pushing myself so hard. I wasn't really heavy breathing, I was just in pain. I need something to heal my kneee...whatever is wrong with it. I will run that 10K all the way. Then, I went to see Pride and Prejudice at the Angelika last night at 7. OH what a fantastic movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, just wrote up 2 more referrals, and called 2 moms. HEavens to Betsy, it's only January! ahahhahaha!

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

Where are you!? The place looks so cute behind you...and you look super cute too!!! Love you!

Katey said...

Ok, I'm the biggest jerk ever. Just getting back to you, only about 3 months later. YES, I know Rachel!! Tell her hi for me! Oh the BBBS memories. Well, glad you got your blog back up. I shudder to think about the state of any of my friendships if it weren't for these things. :)