Monday, January 30, 2006

Another...

WhirlWind of a weekend. I never realized how much I cherish the Sabbath.
I got to sleep in yesterday morning until noon. It was much needed...let me tell you.
So, let me give you the run down of the weekend and then I'll share with you a little about what the Lord is doing in my heart these days.

Friday, I took half a day off...went over to Miriam's school and watched my friend Brandon speak to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Brandon won the 2000 Olympic Gold Medal in Wrestling in Sydney, Australia. Read about him at www.brandonslay.com.
His platform is amazing. He is very humble and truely loves the Lord. It was his last speaking engagment for a while because he is starting a "real" job. He's been running a company called Greater Gold for the last 4 years. Anyways, it was cool to hear him speak and be bold about his witness! I wish I was as bold as him.

Then off to lunch at Pei Wei. He treated me, which was nice of him...and then, back home in time to pick up Miriam. We then meet 3 other people to carpool to the Small group Leader's retreat in Denton. I hate traffic. We had to plow through 35 together. We were in the car for 3 hours...becuase we had to take some detours.
Anyways, the leadership retreat was well worth the drive. It was packed full until Saturday at 4. I was dead. Of course when we got home around 6 we decided not to nap. THere was a full night ahead! We went up to our friend JEremy's loft. There were about 25 people that came over. 'They' attempted to play Scene It. I opted not and just socialized. I love my friends...to death.
Sunday slept in, tackled my room and my laundry which took 3 hours. Then we carpooled to the 5 oclock service at church. After that we went over to my friend Phillip's for dinner and fun. We played Mafia, but instead of sitting there with your eyes closed we acted it out. It was the funnest thing I have done in a really long time. I recommend it for all ages. :) hahaha.
Then off to Dallas and to bed.

I seemed to have scored 2 tickets near the glass at the Stars game. So, being the good daughter I am, I gave them to my dad. So, taking him and his friend Dale..Brandon Stover if you're reading it, our dad's our hanging out tonight. So, I'm going to take them to dinner and going to drop them off so they won't have to park. Like I said, I'm a good daugher.

This week will be out of control. I have region choir clinic all weekend and tomorrow night. And, life group Wednesday and a dinner party on Thursday. Kill me...I don't know when to stop.....

SO, on that note, I have really just tried to rest in the Lord lately knowing my physical body is not rested. It's amazing how much he can reveal in the midst of chaos. Lots of decisions are about to have to be made as far as jobs and such....no I'm not quitting, and everything is fine. But, I'm ready for a change. So, it's time to start praying.....
Hope everyone has a good Monday. My camera is still at the shop so no new pics...

1 comment:

christine pinson said...

http://www.acusingsong.com/hosts.html

are you gonna do this? i will only do it if you are!