Tuesday, January 31, 2006

50th anniversary!

Man, Sing Song 50th anniversary! How cool!
It seems as if they are inviting the old hosts and hostesses and co-chairs to sing in the finale of all 3 performances. Sheesh...they are also having a reception for us after the Saturday afternoon performance.....

This brings me back a few years...
Sing Song was the highlight of my ACU career. I remember so many emotions going through my head during those few months where we were rehearsing long hours.
Christine Tyndall Pinson, Lauren Layfield..don't know her new last name, Matt Coker, Geoff Chinn and James Hall. Man we we were 6 peas in a pod!! We got along so well and laughed so freaking much at each other. It was needed for the long hours every single night. I don't know how I made it through. No, I do, becuase I enjoyed every moment of it.
I remember auditioning back in October of my senior year. I also remember getting the flu the weekend before. I went straight to the doctor and got meds...but was in bed for 3 days straight. Thank the Lord the steriod shot made me fairly well for the Monday night audition. I worked so hard...I wanted it so bad! I got called back and thought holy cow!!!! I remember them bringing us in and out of this room in groups to sing..they were walking in and out of our line listening to us. Mimi and Wayne Barnard and Terri Godfrey were our judges. Oddly enough, I went on to student teach with Terri...
I remember when they came and kidnapped me!! I was soooooo freaking excited!! I had no clue what to expect! No clue at all. It was truly bliss....
I remember going shopping with Emily Trice in Ft. Worth. Man, what a day that was. All 6 of us shopping together. Hilarious to say the least...
I also remember them 'suggesting' that I go to the tanning bed. Apparently this white skin wasn't cuttin' it underneath those bright lights. :)

I also remember being sicker than I have ever have before during that time. There was somethign wrong with my stomach. I was never hungry and when I was I couldn't get the food down. It was the weirded anxiety that I have ever experienced before. But, as soon as it was over, I was ready to eat! :)

Oh the memories...so I haven't been back since. Isn't that weird? Yes...it always falls on the same weekend as the Texas Music Educator's Conference. Noth this time! So I am pumped.

Well, that's all I have to say.....trying to remember how to breathe this week..
So much going on within the next 2 months it's unreal!!! Breathe Molly breathe!

No comments: