Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008?

Is it just me, or did 2007 FLY by.

Highlights of 2007:

January - first month of marriage. WOW! Substitute taught. Not so cool. Enjoyed being a wife this month.

February - Valentine's Day with friends. Went skiing!! THAT was fabulous!

March - travelled to Austin for Peter's brother's wedding. Chopped my hair off.

April - 4 weddings, a crazy engagement "party" to Austin with friends, allergy shots, Maverick's game, etc.

May - baby showers, College girl's weekend, birth of the birds, and got a J-O-B. Ugh.

June - started that job, lots of babies, born, and MORE weddings. Celebrated my birthday at a bed and breakfast

July - Layla-Grayce was born, my neice, we got CHARLIE, our dog back. :) Sent her to the grandparents for the "weekend."

August - went to the lake, got stung by a wasp. It hurt bad and had to wear a heart monitor ALL MONTH. It sucked.

September - MORE weddings, San Antonio......hmmm

October - Halloween, State Fair, Homecoming, BOUGHT A LOT TO BUILD OUR FIRST HOME, Sister got engaged, booked our trip to NYC! :)

November - THANKSGIVING, moved in with Natasha and Thomas, NYC TRIP, Houston, House BEGUN!!!

December - NYC, White Rock Marathon, Wedding Showers, Christmas parties - well you know you read my blog. :)

Peter and I were praying last night thanking the Lord for an incredible year. The Lord truely blessed us beyond measure.
We prayed that this year is a year of purpose. There are alot of things happening, and we want to stay focused on why we are here, to glorify HIS name.

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pics over the break. In fact, I only took 1 of my neice's. Geez....I'm horrible. :)
Maybe I'll get crackin!

We spent NYE over at Jeremy's house and had a blast playing games. We were to busy playing Scene It on the Nintendo Wii and we actually ALMOST missed midnight. :) It didn't phase us much. I had a great 4 and half day weekend filled with friends, family and fun and food! Can't forget the 4 F's. Now I'm tired of eating and sleeping too much and am back in the game. Sort of. :)

Looking forward to Rachel and Craig's wedding this Sunday. We've got festivites from Friday night-Sunday night and I can't wait!!!!!!!

Till then....I'm getting Carpel Tunnel and should be working.

5 comments:

carla's gateway said...

Oh sweet girl, I'm thinking that staying focused and being married to Peter Abrigg are simultaneously accomplished. He has always been one of the MOST focused men I've known (believe me when I say that I know this "type" WELL!!!) Question: is there a specific "focus" on which the LORD is drawing your vision? I heard you say to glorify Him, is there any other particular? I'm hearing this from several of your generation with words like "intentional", "purposeful",
"direct", and "focused". Interesting to me and just curious about more specificity.

Mauri said...

What a great year for the Abrigg family! Here's to a great 2008!

campers said...

I wanna see that pic of Miss Layla Grace!!!

the thorntons said...

Y'all have had such an exciting year, and believe me...it just gets better! Hope to see you lots in 2008! Love you!! :)

carla's gateway said...

well, Yes, it was my birthday, but I'm deciding that I like it being Epiphany (love that word!!!!) is even more fun than b'day!. Also, I was thinking about your statement about "obedience and discipline" being hard, and I'm thinking... you'd never know that unless it was something you were trying to be. Folks who are not seeking to be those things never know whether they are or not. Does that make sense? I'm saying sweet girl that you are clearly seeking after the ONE WHO is the image of your desire and I'm sure it is His good pleasure you achieve. And, yes, His will is ultimately accomplished regardless of ANY well laid plans of man (or woman). He is the ETERNAL Father, and He understands that role well I'm thinking. WOW, wonder what the flesh covering our LORD felt at the proclamation of ETERNAL FAHTER at the young age of 30 or so???.... hummmm what a thought. love you, and thanks for asking about my birthday.