Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Things


I'm not really sure what you call this stage of the house building process. I'll have to ask my contractor....Peter that is.
Apparently that beautiful tree in the back left has to be removed. THat makes me SOOO STINKING SAD! It's too close to the foundation. It would be okay in the beginning, but would later cause major foundation issues. Best to be safe rather than sorry later. Peter said they did even more today. I'm the picture taker and am behind. Whoops.

I went to a spin class today...for the first time at my gym. The only other time I've been to a spin class was in New Orleans on spring break. I was staying with my friend Audrey and we headed to the local gym. Both of us about died.
Today I was on a bike next to my new Columbian friend Isabel. She does it every Wednesday so I knew she'd be a pro. Oddly enough, I finished all 60 minutes with a bang! I felt so good! I was drenched though. More sweat equals more toxins released!!
Speaking of sweating, Peter ran 10.5 miles this weekend. Why you say? I have NO IDEA! Last weekend he just started running and he ended up running 9. So, this week after applying band aids to his nipples, he decided to see if he could do more! Don't you all HATE HIM! So, I told him he has 3 more miles to go and he could run a half marathon! So, we're signing him up for the White Rock in December.
SILLY.
Silly boy.

On a more serious note...
I've been just a mess lately with my job. I truly despise sitting here 7 hours a day. It might be the most boring thing that I have ever done. The daylight savings did me in! Now, I get to watch it get dark at night. Then, I have to actually "work in the dark for an hour and half before driving 30 minutes home. Speaking of driving, it now takes me 45 minutes to get to work. Some geniuses decided to make business 121 (my shortcut) one lane last week. I almost started crying. Thankfully, it only takes 25 to 30 on a normal basis.
So, after my complaining bits....I've decided I'm just going to have to let the Lord change my heart. Novel thinking right! Geez...I've been trying to change my attitude and it's just not working. I'm just very discontent and sad all the time. It's been one of things where I want life to be in the next stage. Obviously, that's not what the Lord wants for me. I have a choice to appreicate and enjoy this job or be a debbie downer everyday.
It's a struggle every single morning when I wake up.
So, there is my confession. I'm tired of crying about it.

It's 5:15...and it's starting to get dark. Let me brace myself...

Until next time....

9 comments:

Ashlee Brooke Tollett said...

hey i'm sorry i didn;t even notice your comment. we got shiloh from lincoln nebraska and sophia from corpus christi texas...let me know if you still need more info

The Durham's said...

Hey Molly-

Just wanted to say Hi:) I am so sorry about your job! That's so hard! Bless you guys, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day! (Neh. 8:10)

Stacy Durham

allyo said...

Hey Moppy-
I am sorry to hear about your job...I know how you feel! I hate Peter by the way...I have been training since September for White Rock and he caught up to me in one day;( I miss you!

MAV

Lauren Williams said...

yes. it's true. we hate peter. at least i do! i have been KILLING myself just to get to three miles at a MODERATE pace!

the thorntons said...

I know how hating a job can make your life miserable. It's just a phase, and it'll pass, but I'm sorry it's that way right now! We should catch up soon. Maybe Ryan and Peter can go run a bazillion miles one day while we go shop. Those boys make me sick!!

John and Natalee Warren said...

ok, so I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment on your blog...I need help! I seriously need a blog tutor...there is so much I want to do! I have really enjoyed reading your blog- thanks for you openess ( is that a word?) And I'm so excited for your house! We really do want to hang out with you guys! I hope that you have a great Sunday!

Mauri said...

Molly- So sorry about your job. I know it is a just a season, but that doesn't make it any easier right now. On the bright side, i'm so excited for you about your house! That is SO FUN! Can't wait to see pictures as it progresses!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Do you need us to come visit you in the dark at work one day to cheer you up? Maybe bring a little friend, we like to call Mr. Sonic drink?

the thorntons said...

So, I guess Peter's 10 mile run inspired Ryan because he is now signed up for White Rock too. He really wants to do a the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon, so I guess he can start here!