Monday, October 22, 2007

Homecoming, etc.

I realize it's Thursdsay and I'm just now posting about our weekend. Oh well! We got back fairly late on Sunday night and I was just to busy on Monday to post pictures.
Then I forgot.
We had a great weekend with family and friends! It never ceases to amaze me how much things "slow down" when I get to Abilene. EVEN if I'm busy the whole weekend. Macy even said she drives slower. hahaa. I don't.
Cassy, Chad and Cohen stayed at our house. It was Cohen's first out of town trip at a month and half old. He's so precious. Of course I never got to hold him because my MOM had him the whole time! I think she's ready for babies. Then there is Macy and Chad's baby, Meg. She is precious as well! She is so vocal!!!! It cracks me up. I had a little to much of her spit up on me throughout the weekend though. :) Peter lost his appetite after Mav caught Meg's vomit. It was great! So great.

I enjoyed waking up at 5:30 am to attend the Kojie breakfast! It was fun getting ready with Cassy in the morning. It was like old times in our house! :)Then we headed to the parade! I was highly disappointed in Ko Jo Kai's float! POOR! Oh well. Do I really still have that competitive spirit when it comes to social clubs? No.

Then Saturday afternoon my mom made lunch and then I took a 3 hour nap while the boys watched football. It was glorious. Then we headed to our 5 year reunion dinner. If you didn't go to ACU, you're probably wondering why in the world we celebrate 5 years? Beats me! We ate at the Beehive in downtown Abilene. IT WAS TERRIBLE! THERE WAS NO DESSERT!!!!! Can you believe that? We paid 20 dollars a plate to have no dessert. So, what did we do? We headed to the local Chili's on the "Southside" to get dessert! Good times!

Sunday, we awoke to the smell fo pancakes and bacon! Glorious!!! Then we headed over to Peter's parents for pot roast! YUM. Again that afternoon, I took a 2 and half hour nap! What's wrong with me?!! I love naps in Abilene.
My mom was confused as to why I wasn't begging her to take me shopping. She thanks Peter for my change. hahaah!!!

This week has gone by slow/fast. I keep forgetting to go by the lot and take pictures!! It was raining on Monday and I haven't had time since. Maybe this weekend Peter and I will head over there. Although, we have another weekend of traveling for our niece's 3rd birthday party! Whew!!!!

Right now I'm listening to Sarah Brightman singing "O Mio Babbino Caro"(don't ask, it was the doctor's choice), drinking a non-fat Chai Tea Latte, and typing. Yes, I am at work. Not really working yet. It takes me a bit to get into the swing of things.
Lately I have been in a slump. Every morning I have to ask the Lord to give me the courage and strength to glorify Him at work. I don't like my job. It's boring and I'm basically considered "the front office girl." Not the highest calling I have for my life. It's frustrating, because this might be the EASIEST job I have ever had with pretty good pay. But, it's hard to be bored. To be honest, I think I'd rather be bored at home. I'm sure most people would kill to have a job like mine where you don't have to do much. Then I have to check my pride. Man, I'm so prideful. Why do I care that I'm called the "Front office girl." I think I deserve something better and I don't. Then I step outside of myself and realize it's not about me. Boy, learning a hard lesson here.

Anyways, sorry about the rant.
The Lord knows what he's doing. I desire to serve Him, WHATEVER that looks like. If that's being a "front office girl" or a janitor, I'm there.


Here are some pics from our weekend.



THE WOMEN OF KO JO KAI. I think my jacket would have been cute if I was standing up! Peter wasn't excited about the mustard yellow. :) I loved it!

Meg and I. I love her.

MEG and her MOMMA Macy. Aren't they precious!

Peter and his child Charlie....isn't she precious.

The reunion dinner.............

5 comments:

campers said...

yes I agree the dinner was awful! We have eaten there and it isn't that bad, but it is usually more than 20 bucks! So good to see you! Love you

Lauren Williams said...

love that yellow! great outfit!

sharon said...

i love that yellow, too....especially since it was worn to the kojie breakfast. :) haha, i've still got a little bit of that club competitiveness in me, too! seriously, molly, you looked adorable at both events! i have always been so jealous of your wardrobe...

the thorntons said...

Bummer that we didn't get to meet up since we were both in A-town. Our weekend was busier than our normal Abilene weekends...I missed the slow pace! Glad you had fun at all of your events. Hang in there with the job...I'm learning to love being an "office girl"!

Mauri said...

Just a note about the dinner. I talked to the Alumni office and we were supposed to have dessert, the tables were supposed to be preset with salads and drinks, and of course, the food was supposed to be good. we should all go eat at the real beehive sometime....