Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Giving up....

Well, day one went fairly well.
Peter and I both had LOTS of energy and weren't really that hungry.

Last night, we drank the "Smooth Moove" chocolate flavored tea. It was terrible.
WE went to bed.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning with CRAZY stomach cramps like I had never had before. I had them for about 2 and half hours before I actually went to the bathroom. After that, I got back in bed. I woke up 45 minutes later feeling absolutely terrible. I felt as if I had just had the stomach flu.
I got in the shower, and minutes after applying my shampoo, I must have blacked out.
I opened my eyes to find myself sitting in the shower floor. I don't really remember sitting down, so I must have blacked out. I could barely hold my hair up.

I got out and called Peter, while laying on the floor trying to recouperate.
He said he dry heaved a few times this morning and had been to the bathroom 3 times and that he felt just like I did.

According to the Dr. that I work for, he says everyone is different. He said he thinks my toxins were coming out quicker than normal and that some people throw up for 3 days solid.

THIS IS NOT what I signed up for.

In the midst of tears, we quit.
I then mustered up the energy to eat 2 waffles and a wheat English muffin. CARBS ANYONE?
I didn't care.

It's 10 oclock right now, and I still feel terrible. It took EVERYTHING I had to make it work. Thankfully, I don't have to get out of my chair and that I have a 3 hour break.

Our friends who just finished didn't have ANY of the symptoms we experienced this morning.

I'm thankful, because we already made plans to go to the state fair this weekend. Can we say torture? The state fair is about EATING!!!! DUH!

So, I'm sorry I failed. It just wasn't worth it.

Good bye lemonade and "smooth moove" tea. I will never drink you again!

12 comments:

Ashie Nichole said...

I will pray you feel better... that sounds awful!! :(

Lauren Williams said...

i was just talking about doing one of these to Jerry last week! now i am way nervous!!

andydawn said...

HOW AWFUL!! Sorry it did not work the way you planned :( I hope you fell BACK TO NORMAL soon

My {Oh} My Musings said...

that sounds terrible!!!! i'm sorry you were so sick...thats so scary! just eat strawberries...dont they 'clean' you out? haha..i feel like i heard that somewhere....dunno :)

Them Chandlers said...

Okay. So. On Oprah, Dr. Oz did this little experiment and found out that "cleansing/detox" diets are a crock.

Now go eat some funnel cake and corn dogs at the Fair. :)

Love you!

the thorntons said...

I don't think any "cleansing" is worth all that! Glad you're back among the REAL people who eat food. :)

kerristarr said...

Not so smooth move, huh? Confession: I've drank that tea before, and yes, felt like I was passing my ribs. NOT COMFORTABLE!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh wow...I've heard of this sort of thing happening to people on the lemonade cleanse. Some people do just fine, and for some it's awful.

Did you plan to go to the fair thinking you'd be on the diet still? If so, you must have WILL POWER OF STEEL.

The Durham's said...

Ok, Molly....that's awful:) I totally think you get an E for Effort! Hope yall are doing well:) Bless you guys!

Stacy Durham

Nominate someone or something in need said...

thanks...i am very excited but nervous at same time. hear that some people tend to drop out so hope to FINISH! yeah we are going to denton campus and really love it! also was going to tell you that i just finished a cleanse but it was a 30 day cleanse that i just put in water...not sure if it really worked??? just made me feel better that i was "trying" to better my health!!!:) your cleanse sounded painful but much more inspirational!!!! love you guys!!!

Ashley said...

what WERE you both THINKING?! all that cleanse crap doesn't work. i know, i saw it on oprah. and YOU KNOW they tell the truth! ha!

Ashley said...

ok, didn't read all your comments... and "them chandlers" already said that about oprah. sorry for the repeat. but you should watch more tv like me! ha! no don't.