Monday, July 02, 2007

Meet Charlie

Well, Charlie is semi back into our lives and we are thrilled! Charlie is Peter's dog he had when he lived in a house. He had to give her to some of his friends who have 2 kids for the past year and half. But, due to unfortunate events, they were going to have to give her away. WE got first dibs. So, we thought about it LONG and hard. We had no choice but to take her, but we knew she would be miserable in our 750 square foot of fun. So, I called my parents. hahaha...and they said yes! So, Peter picked Charlie up and we drove to Abilene. It took us 4 miserable hours due to rain, traffice, construction and wrecks. But, we made it and now Charlie has 3 friends. Well, sort of friends. Here is Charlie and Belle, our black lab. There might be some of Sally, my parents German Short-Haired Pointer.


Charlie LOVES the water. Everytime she goes outside she gets in it, which results in my dad having to towel her off. See last pic.

Hunting Squirrels with Belle and Sally

Peter and Charlie. She LOVVVVVVVES Peter and remembers him immediately every time!

Belle and Charlie. This took some work.

Getting dried off and being pestered by Belle.

When we get a home soon, she will come back to Dallas and be with her Daddy.

6 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Yay for you guys and for Charlie!!! I love her! And I LOVE your parent's back yard--so big and the grass looks so good!

Laura said...

I love her!! Pete and I have been thinking about getting a yellow lab for Hannah --your pictures make me want one even more.

Niccole said...

AWWWWWE! I am so happy to see Charlie loving her new home! I cried as I read the post but my heart is so happy!

andydawn said...

Cute pup!! Your parents grass looks AMAZING for Abilene :)

the thorntons said...

What a sweet dog!! I love that her name is Charlie...one of my friend's daughters always calls my Harley "Charlie" instead. Who would imagine that your parents would offer to have another dog?! ha! :)

MKP said...

I can't wait to see Charlie again!! I'm SOOOOOO excited that you guys got her back. She's going to have to come visit Sawyer and Roxy...they miss her too! Everytime I say her name, Roxy puts her ears up and turns her head sideways! : )