Friday, July 06, 2007

4th of July and more...

Well, is it just me or did yesterday feel like Monday?
It was crazy! I seriously thought all day it was Monday. Hmm, seems I was mistaken.

We had a great 4th of July. Tuesday night Natasha and Thomas came over on Tuesday night. We got to hear all about their honeymoon to Hawaii. We sat out on the balcony and low and behold, FIREWORKS right in front of our eyes! We had the perfect seat! They were shooting the at the local park which happens to be down the street from our apartments. We then watched a movie, but I fell asleep. What else is new?
Wednesday we woke up and decided it would be cool to run to the local L.A. Fitness. Mistake on our parts as the mosquitos had a hay day on the back of my legs and arms. It was like they were following me! We worked out pretty hard. I made Peter run back and get the car to come get me afterwards. I did'nt need to get eaten again. Afterall, I had about 30 from the weekend and the run combined. I hate mosquitos, but they LOVVVVVE me. After that we made our condiments tray and headed over to our small group pool party and cookout. The weather was beautiful. I have a nice sunburn to prove it. My upper chest and upper back are a nice magenta color. We played hours of water volleyball and ate some glorious hamburgers and hotdogs! YUM!
After we were tired of the sun we headed over to Bahama Bucks while the guys played poker. I was BEAT. I was asleep by 9. I woke up with a horrible sunburn headache around midnight and it has still not gone away. It's Friday might I add.

Peter and I will just take it easy this weekend. I need to catch up on my housework. We do have a wedding to go to tomorrow, but other than that, I'm looking forward to getting our apartment deep cleaned.

The job front is going well. We were actually extremely busy yesterday oddly enough. It made for a fast day.

Well, I'm out for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

OH and SHOUT OUT to Lauren and Rebekah for joining the blog-o-sphere!!! WOOHOO!

7 comments:

Sum said...

I am sure magenta looks lovely on you!! :)

andydawn said...

I wish we had sun on the 4th!! Have a great weekend ;)

Nat Pat said...

bahama bucks is sooo good. we went there yesterday for the first time!

the thorntons said...

I'm with Andrea...we enjoyed our 4th of July in the rain, so I'm glad you got some (maybe TOO much) sun!

The Clem Family said...

Hey! How did you ever find our blog? I heard from Steven & Jamie that you recently got married. Congrats! I saw your honeymoon picture with the crazy birds. Did you get bit? One of the birds bit Justin on the arm while we were there in May. :)

Bex said...

i saw my shout-out!!! you love me! :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

You and Peter go to more weddings...are you a wedding cake connoiseur by now?