Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dogs, Heart Monitors, Babies, and Islands.....

We had a pretty happenin' weekend.

It started off on Friday when Peter and I cooked steak, asparagus, potatoes and homemade peach cobbler. (Yes Lindsey, I'm putting down what I ate AGAIN!) ahha.
After we were through with dinner we headed up to Brad and Brittney's apartment. They live in the same building as us and only one floor up. Brittney has been Sarah's roommate for the last 8 or 9 years and recently married Brad who also went to ACU and was in the music department with me. They were leaving on their honeymoon, 2 weeks late, so we decided to wish them off with some peach cobbler. Sarah, my sister was up there as well. We had a good time laughing and reminiscing. Sarah decided for us that we needed to haul my keyboard up to their apartment and have a sing-a-long. It was pretty refreshing to worship along side of them in the apartment on Friday night. It was pretty special.

Also, Friday, I started wearing my 30 day heart monitor. You can't really see it, thankfully. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I've been having these weird heart flutters. They came at the beginning of June and miraculously went away. And, well, they came back with avengeance. So, the cardiologist I was referred to sent me this 30 day thing. So, I have to be patient. The flutters don't bother me thankfully, but last week my chest was pretty tight and I couldn't breathe well. It may have had nothing to do with the flutters, but just in case they are doing this test. I've had it on since Friday night. Thankfully, you can take it off to shower. The adhesive strips are a killer. I have to replace them every 5 days. It's like pulling 3 really sticky band-aid's off!! Ugh.
Anyways, so just pray that it's nothing. I'm pretty sure it's hormonal and has something to do with my body adjusting to normal life off of BC.

Saturday morning, we got up early to head to Wichita Falls. On the way there, we stopped by Mallory and Jason's to pick up the island Peter built for his sister. In this picture you can see the cement counter tops. One of the tops has a piece of wood on it. He worked SO HARD on it. Andrea will paint it black after the primer drys. She was so excited!!!!! And, I think Peter was too....



While we were there, I got to snuggle Kai. You can see pics of him if you click on Mallory and Jason's link. Anyways we headed to Wichita Falls to see our new niece, Layla-Grayce. She is PRECIOUS!!! Right now she is a little under 6 pounds. So, little, and so amazing! I got to play with her sister Henslee the whole weekend. She really took a liking to me and wanted to be by my side the whole time. We played, and played and played. She found my eye shadow kit on Sunday and here is the outcome.






We also found out that my parents have been running a Vet clinic at their house this week. It all started with Belle.


Poor Belle went to the Vet last week to get her shots and such. While she was there, she was infected with a case of Kennel Cough. This is a terrible thing for dogs. Belle had a 104 degree fever and was coughing up stuff. My mom rushed her to the emergency vet clinic. She had to give her cough suppressant with codine and antibiotic. Poor Belle.
The very next morning Charlie caught the virus.

Because of this, my mom had to take 2 days off of work because my dad was out of town on a business trip. My mom was also trying to work on very large project for school at the same time. Eventually, Sally got it.

Thankfully, hers was not bad. She usually stays away from Belle and Charlie anyways. So, their saliva was pretty far away I guess. My mom had already started pumping her and Carly with antibiotics just in case.
Well, then Carly got sick. As you can see in this picture she has an IV attached to her foot. Well, just in case anyway. She apparently started having diarrhea that was bloody. TMI I realize. It was uncontrollable. She was also vomiting. So, my mom had to take her to the emergency room, followed by her doctor.

When I talked to my mom on the phone yesterday evening, she was hauling Carly home in her VW Beetle. Carly is NOT the smallest of Dachsund's you see. So, I could hear the horn honking and some other things. My mom needs a massage and a day at the spa. If you would like to help her cause just let me know. hahaah.........

She sent me these pics last night. The dogs have mostly been resting due to the amount of Codine in their systems. You can tell Charlie is drunk by her S.E.D (Saggy Eye Disease.) We laugh at this alot.

I hope things are better at the Carrigan Vet Clinic today.

I finished a really great book by Karen Kingsbury yesterday. It's about reconciliation. I cried most of the way through it. I'm off to buy another book today. I'm on a roll for some reason. Could it be that I'm bored at work? Yes. :) Hey, at least it's keeping me from spending HOURS blogging.

8 comments:

Chilton Family said...

That is too much! Poor little pooches!! Okay so I still have your present to Mallory. I may try to drive out there this week and personally deliver it. I've seen her twice since then and every time forgotten. I'm the world's worst friend! SO SORRY! Also, praying for your palpitations...and if you want to read the best book in the whole world go to Mardels and get Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver something...oh my gosh you'll read it in two days...and cry hysterically at work. Love you!

Tiffany said...

Hey Molly, I had to wear one of those heart monitors last year, is it the kind where you hit the button everytime you have a "flutter"? then you send them in over the phone? It was pretty annoying! I had to wear it for 2 months though! Yuck! I hope they figure something out! Have you read any of the books by Dee Henderson or the Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury? What about the books by Kristen Billerbeck? They are all good!

Tiffany said...

I don't mind at all email me, tbrowder1@hotmail.com

Laura said...

Wow! what a weekend. I am sorry about your heart flutters, that is an oddity isn't it? I will keep you in my prayers! Next of all i love that island! What a talented husband you have! And all these babies you get to see! how much fun! LOVE YOU!

David, Emily and Sammy said...

Thank you SO much for the prayers. I cannot begin to tell you how much they're appreciated. I'll definitely be praying that God grants your doctor discernment so they can figure out what's going on with you. My goodness, what a busy life you're leading! :o)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Molly, we'll be praying for your heart flutters! Tiffani can relate to those sticky pads...she said they HURT!

So Peter is a carpenter? Wow...amazing work!

andydawn said...

BUSY BUSY BUSY!! Peter looks like a natural :) I hope your flutters get better soon.

ThePoeFam said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! I hate that you're having to go through that...yuck! Hope they figure it all out soon! And, what are you doing this week!? I want to see you and celebrate your bday! I MISS YOU!