Tuesday, March 03, 2009

If dogs and fetus' could talk...

Awkward title...I realize.

Charlie, our yellow/white lab is the most precious dog on the planet. I've actually lived under the same roof as her for a year and she has morphed into my best friend. Now, I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but cut me some slack here. Charlie and I spent almost every waking hour together last week. And, then on Saturday, I actually had to leave the house to sing at church. Peter came to the 5 service and left her outside. The sun was shining but it was pretty cold. Anyways, when we got home, she started acting very weird. So weird that we decided to take her to the emergency vet clinic at 9 on a Saturday night. Her cry and bark were very raspy. She was retching like something hurt or something was caught in her throat. She didn't perk up at the sound of hungry, outside, or treat. So, we immediately packed her in the car. She road laying down the whole way there which really gave us a sign that she didn't feel well.
We get there and she is hyper..of course. She wants to leave immediately. She hates unknown places. I think she knows where she is. The vet tech called her a beautiful dog and checked all of her vitals. No fever. Then the bald headed doctor came in and she barked at him. It was hilarious. He was pretty loud and abrasive and I don't think she liked it. But, then she warmed up to him. He asked us a few questions and then felt around on her. He then came back with some wet dog food and she scarfed it down like it was the most amazing thing on the planet. He told us her throat might hurt and she might have gotten a cold from the weather change.
We get her home and attempt to make her lay on the couch. She finally relaxes for a while. I stay up and watch The Dark Knight begrudgingly while Peter FALLS asleep on the couch. We go to bed at midnight. We let her sleep with us because we are worried. She wakes me up every hour ON THE HOUR shivering for 6 hours straight! I was exhausted come morning and I think the Lord was giving me a taste of parenthood. There was nothing I could do make Charlie comfortable. It was devastating!! I come home after singing 2 services and we all 3 take a 3 hour nap. Praise the Lord she slept. We got her to eat dinner finally. But then yesterday she had a few episodes. I got brave and stuck the thermometer up her rear. Her temp was normal.

So folks, I think she have a "case" on our hands. "Drama Dog" as Peter calls it. If I could just get her to tell me what's going on in that little brain of hers!!!

Moving on....

Baby, why do consistently make me hungry? Every 1.5-2 hours..I start gagging and then HAVE to eat. Then....like clockwork, the same scenario happens. Baby, how do you eat so much food to be such a little tike!!!!

Baby, why do you make mom's nose stopped up every single night? Why do you make her sleep with her mouth open and then have her wake up and not be able to even lick her lips because of the dryness?

Baby, why do coarse hairs keep appearing in weird places all over your mom's body rapidly? I mean, have I really let myself go that much?

Baby, why does your mom not know how to trim her toenails, shave her legs, pluck her chin, and wash her hair anymore?

Baby, your mom and dad love you so much. As much as we know how at this moment. Every day in the past couple of weeks I have gotten a glimpse of what life will be like when you are here. Last night we read in our prayer book about your sexuality. It made us so excited to find out what you will be! In less than two weeks I will have my 16 week appointment. Dr. Wai says he will give me a sonogram if I am antsy and itchy to see you and attempt to find out what you are! Are you kidding, why in the world would I pass that up!!!

Baby, I hope you have your father's beautiful curls and long eye lashes. I hope you have his smile, his passion for the Lord, his hard work ethic, his willingness to love men who are hard to love and his LOVE for rap music and soccer. :) Even if you are a girl...haaa. Errrr, maybe I will retract that statement one day.

Baby, I hope you love your dog Charlie as much as we love her. We know she will be a great big sister, although we think she will be mad at us for a little bit. But, once she warms up to you, then she'll love you just as much as we will.

Baby, I hope you come to know Jesus as your Savior and seek to love Him as much as He loves you...I pray that we will be parents who will wash you in the water of the word and encourage you in Him daily...even on the hard days!

Baby, we can't wait for you to be here. :) You can make me as hungry and as nauseous as you want as long as you keep growing strong and healthy!!!

No one is here to take my picture right now, but I definitely have some belly to show. :) So, I'll make Peter take it tomorrow and post it later in the week!!!!

Bye for now!

8 comments:

Cassy said...

this was my favorite post you've ever done!

Amanda said...

So, so sweet!

Ashley said...

LOVE it. I can't wait to find out either!

campers said...

it was so good talking to you! Love you!

Kalliemack said...

if you get hungry every 1.5-2 then you are doing good... I eat like every 30 mins it seems. I keep looking at my stomach saying how can something so small cause so much drama. I understand how you feel!!

allyo said...

I loved this post...the whole time you were talking about Charlie I was praying that you weren't going to tell me something was wrong with him! I have had enough doggie drama for awhile (I still miss my two babies desperatly!) I love your baby-o-baby things. And, I hope she gets part of you too... you are beautiful and special, just like your hubby. Love you guys both! Can't wait to find out about baby Abrigg. Wish our kidos could grow up as Cooper Cougars together!

Anonymous said...

Call me-504.813.3264!
I would love to walk! YES!

the thorntons said...

First, I'm so glad that Charlie just has a case of "drama" and nothing worse. You know Jack gives us plenty of drama around here, so I know it's not easy when your baby is sick. And, what a sweet post about your "real" Baby A. I can't wait to find out what you're having!!