Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update!

First things first.

I retired. Yes, you heard me right! I quit my job!! It had been on my mind since around January and there never seemed to be a good time. Well, last week I finally did it. It was bittersweet as I love my bosses dearly, but know that they are still family and we can hang out whenever. Peter and I decided now was as good of time as any to bite the bullet. So, last Friday was the first day of the rest of my life...I think. Who knows if I will go back to work after the kids go to grade school or not. But, for now, I am very excited.



I had a great first day off with my mom. She came in town to babysit Charlie because Peter and I were both going out of town. Different places unfortunately. I headed off to Possum Kingdom to celebrate my dear friend Rebekah's birthday with 7 other girls! We stayed at a lake house that I had already been to before so it was nice and comfortable being there. Here's just a few pictures from the weekend. I'll post more when I can get them from the other girls. After all, I'm re-learning how to take pictures again. :)

Jill, Me, Chavon, Lindsey and Kristen. Sorry Kristen that they caught you not smiling with your teeth! :)Rebekah's sweet mom, Rebekah, Jourdan and Hollie!






Of course we stayed up way to late and laughed really hard! Saturday night we played guitar hero, pop culture trivia (I suck at it), and SPOONS!!! I won after a two hour game. There may or may not have been biting involved. I won't mention any names Jourdan. :) I almost went into early labor screaming and laughing.




We returned early Sunday morning and I took a bath and went to bed! Peter came home and cooked me a hamburger outside and then we watched The Oscars. I really enjoyed them this year! We watched the whole thing!!




Monday I cleaned the house-ish, started the laundry and went to the grocery store. I cooked dinner for the first time in a VERY long time. Roast! Then Tuesday night we had Natasha and Thomas over for pork chops, blueberry sauce, sweet potatoes and asparagus! I made Brittney's Mimi's apricot bars! They were a hit!!




Then I woke up at 4 in the morning yesterday with THE WORST headache of my life. I got out of bed around 10 to take a shower and started throwing up IN THE SHOWER! So, I went back to bed. Peter came home around 6 and forced some food down me..which wasn't pleasant and then more tylenol. I barely slept and then woke up with it again today. I took two benadryl at around 10 this morning and slept till 1 when Peter came home to rescue me. He took the afternoon off to take care of me. He forced a sandwich down me, put me in the bathtub and then took me to the chiropractor! I already feel 80% better. I'm looking forward to dinner with some girlfriends tonight. PRAISE THE LORD!!

Here's some funny pictures from Christmas!


Natalie, Rachel, Me and Natasha.
Can you tell those are tree bows in my hair! Also, notice Peter's hair slicked over to the side. Hilarious!


Craig and his kiddy sweater. Hilarious!!!!

Well, that's about it for now. Monday I'm going to start taking pictures of my 14 week belly. There's really nothing to see right now. :)

Until then. I hope these pictures tide you over.

The end.

5 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Since you are retired from work then you can now come back out of retirement from blogging...Yay!! :) I am sure I speak for everyone when I say welcome back!

Andrea W. said...

Hysterical Christmas sweaters! Congrats on your early retirement, that's exciting!

Elly Doran said...

Congratulations Molly, on the new season in your life! I pray true Joy over the rest of your prgnancy, and becoming a Mommy!

erin f. said...

Oh, I am sorry about the middle of the night throwing up! So are you to a point of feeling better? I am almost 15 weeks and still feeling a little nauseated but not as bad...but I have had terrible headaches almost every day for the past week. I don't know what it is, it seems like as soon as one symptom starts to subside another one kicks in! That is life I guess (or at least pregnant life!) Anyway, I am glad to have another fun blog to read! Hope you're feeling good!

The Taylor's said...

Hey great post!

You are not allowed to play spoons until after the baby comes now. It is banned!

Can you send me the recipe for the pork chops with blueberry sauce?? Every time you mention it, my mouth waters!