Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In A Fog...

I thought the title of this post was appropriate seeing that I could barely see the car in front of me on the way to work this morning. The fog was crazy!! It's sort of lifted now.

Well....we're making it. I'll just hit some highlights.

Thursday: got to come home at noon because of the ice and snow. Picked up Chick-Fi-La on the way home. Peter was home too!! Ate my Chick-Fi-La and was excited to make some head way on packing up our room. 30 minutes after eating...I started feeling bad. Great. Just what I needed. Needless to say, I spent from about 2pm-8pm hanging out with the toilet...and I had a 101 degree fever. I was one sick little girl. Everything was out of my system by 8ish and I was about to be in a very drunken Phenegran stupor for the next 24 hours. I finally fell asleep around 9 and literally slept until 6:30pm on Friday. I think I might have overdosed on the nausea medicine. ;)

Friday - 6:30pm. Peter and his mom woke me up and drug me out of bed to start packing up my room. OH heavens. I don't remember much....but I remember falling asleep on a double bed mattress in our new bedroom on the floor.....still hadn't eat anything at this point.

Saturday morning - you can imagine my energy level at this point. Thankfully, Peter's mom locked me in the bedroom so she could finish waxing our floors. I took my time getting up (3 hours) and unpacking my clothes. It was nice. We moved until about 3pm. Not so bad!
I finally ate a turkey and cheese sandwich from subway. SCARFED it down. Got some energy to start unpacking my kitchen.
Went to bed at 9ish. I don't remember because we had to move the clocks.

Sunday morning - 6:45am (it's still dark???) Confused. Take a shower and get ready. Peter and I head to Abilene with the trailer. Get to Abilene around 11am. Relax a bit before the girls come over for the shower. Get ready for the shower. The rest is a blur....I think I stayed in the kitchen and washed dishes the whole time. I was very nonsocial. Very unlike me I tell ya. There were even TONS of babies there! I couldn't muster up the energy to even hold a baby! Man I'm sad!
After the shower was over....my mom, dad, Peter and I spent the next few hours loading the trailer and putting the tarp on. Of course it would rain on the way back to Dallas. Finally got back to Dallas around 9:30pm. Got home to see Larry and Vivian in 2 brand spanking new white rocking chairs from Cracker Barrel on our front porch with bows on them!!!!! I was so stinking excited! We then unloaded the trailer.....and went straight to bed. I forgot about CHARLIE. We brought her back too! :)

Monday - woke up...got ready, went to work. Worked my TAIL off because I was out on Friday. My desk was a tornado. A doctor covered for me. haaa.. :) At lunch, went to the bank, went to get my top altered for my sister's wedding and then to Subway. Took it home and then unpacked more until 2:30pm. Back to work. The rest of the day is a blur. Except for the fact that I came home to a home cooked meal thanks to Vivian! :) I did do the dishes after that...but it was actually fun!!

So there. My wrists are tired. This week will be a week of getting the house settled and prepping for Sarah's wedding. You probably won't here from me until next week. Don't be mad. :(

10 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

So very thorough...I love the name Vivian:)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Envious of those rocking chairs!!!

So sorry you were sick...what a beating to have to move and be sick!

Dude, Big State Drug...thanks for the reminder!

campers said...

i want to see pics of the house! how sweet of them to get rocking chairs!!!

the thorntons said...

I love front porch rocking chairs...I wish I had a big porch to put mine on! That was so sweet of them!! It was great to see you even if you weren't feeling 100%. I can't wait to come visit you in your new casa...after this weekend is over of course! Love ya.

Laura said...

Yay - your puppy is with you now! Congrats!

andydawn said...

SO sad! I wish I could have made the shower, but was in Austin visiting my parents :( Glad you are feeling better...being sick is the PITS

carla's gateway said...

so like Vivian and Larry! We gave both Emily and Ellena rockers for their porches too. HOW COOL IS THAT???? something about those front porches huh? now you need some red gerber daisies (Elly's favorite), or some red geraniums (one of Em's favorites) to set off your porch rockers! I love it for you and Peter.. I pray blessings over each day you spend in the place God has provided for this part of your lives. BLESSINGS!

Laura said...

We drove back to Austin this morning and hit fog 4 different times, it was insane. But we made it, still it was so random! Great to see you this last weekend, I always love the get togethers at your parents casa!

Rachel DeBell said...

can't wait to see pictures and your new place!!! Is there a hangout scheduled at all...haven't heard anything!

MSCW said...

Where did you get that light that is in the green room? It's SO cool!