Monday, December 17, 2007

ONE YEAR of Wedded Bliss...

Peter and I had a fantastic weekend celebrating our anniversary.
Friday night he surprised me with a night's stay at The Omni right near our home. We ate dinner at a very nice restaurant in the hotel. We talked about the events of the last year and thanked the Lord for an easy first year together. It really has been so easy. We enjoyed HD TV in the hotel and went to bed early.
Saturday we woke up around 8 and headed to Corner Bakery for breakfast. We had to hurry because Peter surprised me again with a manicure and pedicure at the Coldwater Creek Salon in Southlake. Let me just tell you....the pedicure that I received might have been the most RELAXING thing in the whole entire world. They put me in this reclining chair that fit perfectly with the contour of my body, covered me with blankets, put a hot wrap around my neck and covered my eyes. I was OUT in a matter of minutes! I didn't have a clue what she was doing except when she wrapped my legs and feet with these warm gushy things. It was wonderful. She had to wake me up when she was finished to do my nails. Thank you Peter!!!
So, with pretty pink toes and manicured nails, I was ready to go. Afterall, it takes an act of congress for me to keep my toenails presentable on a daily basis. No, I don't try very hard.
Then Peter worked on the house most of the day. We headed to church and then to see Will Smith's new movie "I am Legend.' I laughed most of the movie from being scared or watching Peter LEAP out of his seat on SEVERAL occasions. We'd never seen a scary movie together. We RAN to the car after it was over (because if was freezing and maybe the rabbies infected people might get us.) We headed home. Well, home to Natasha and Thomas's. :)
Sunday was a whirwind of a day. My mom and dad flew INTO Dallas at 6:30am. They met us at the house at 7 and we headed over to Ham and Eggs for a HUGE breakfast. We filled up 3 to go boxes for Thomas and Natasha. The poncakes were the size of a wheel on a car. No lie.
Then we drove around and looked at the house and picked up my sister. We went to Southlake, but nothing was really open yet. So, we hit Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrell. Peter and I dreamed of what we will put in our future home. And let me tell, it WON'T be Pottery Barn. What'll I do, is I'll look for Pottery Barn LOOK-A-LIKES FOR CHEAP!!! YESS!!!
We then headed to LUNCH. Didn't we just eat breakfast? It was time to MEET THE FOCKER'S. Yup, we met my sister's fiance's family. It was a good time at Hard Eight Barbeque. I took my parents shopping for a little while after, but had to head home to cook Hashed Brown Potatoe Casserole and Banana Pudding for our Small Group Christmas party last night. We had a White Elephant Ornament exchange. It was good times. But, I was T-I-R-E-D. So, I hit the hay around 10.
MAN, my hands are tired! ;

THE DAY WE BECAME HUSBAND AND WIFE! PRAISE THE LORRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!!!!!!




WE ATE THE CAKE TOPPER ON OUR ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY. WE KNEW IT WOULD TASTE BETTER! :_)


ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ABOVE TAKEN BY www.mallorykrigegerphotography.com












Peter always has been the man my soul longed for! I never believed it would happen in high school, but, well, the Lord never ceases to amaze me in the story He made for us. If you know us personally, then YOU KNOW the Lord had His hand all over this story! His story!
I am so thankful that I have gotten to do life with this man for the past year and 7 months. I still have that twinkle in my eye when I look at him. CHEESEBALL I KNOW. But, they always say, the longer you are married, the better it gets! He truly is my best friend. I am so proud of who He is in the Lord and what He has and is doing in Peter's heart and our marriage. Afterall, if we tried to do it by ourselves, well, that's neither here nor there. I won't get cheesy for the blog world, but I truely Love this man.
Thank you Lord for letting me do life alongside of Peter Eugene Abrigg.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved reading this post. I am so happy for you and Peter. Ya'll are too cute in all of the pictures! I have seen the Coldwater Creek Spa in Southlake but never went in. The way you described your experience I think I am going to have to try it out! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Laura said...

Oh Molly! the story of you and Peter is so sweet and perfect! I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and a blissful year! And a pancake the size of a wheel on a car, I want one :)! Love ya!

Kelly said...

I found your blog through "flying mum" and I love reading about you and your husband! Ya'll are such a cute couple and your new house is going to be beautiful!!! I can't wait to see it all finished and decorated!
Happy Anniversary!

Jodi said...

First of all, love your house. It is going to be fabulous!

Congrats on the anniversary! Glad to hear the first year was wonderful... ours was too, and evidently it isn't for everyone! God is so good, and I am blessed to see how happy you two are! Thanks for sharing! The pics are GORGEOUS! You guys are too cute. Merry Christmas!

Ps. thanks for thinking my kid is cute. MUSIC to a Mommy's ears! :-)

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Love the tribute! Loved the "act of Congress" line even better. I struggle with that myself:) I pray you have many many more beautiful years together!!

Mauri said...

Congrats Molly! I can't believe it's been a year already! Marriage is such a blessing... Here's to many more "firsts" for you and Peter!

Bex said...

oh moldrid!!! i'm so happy after reading this. :) although, every time i think of your story, i think of the hour and a half i sat with you in your car as you "atlked" on your cell phone in the parking lot. geez. i still think i need a trophy for that one.

Bex said...

oops, i meant, "talked"

Sarah D said...

I really like the shot of y'all sitting on the fence... the look on your face says, "Are you flirting with me? Silly Peter." :-)

Congrats again!

campers said...

ahhh the PERFECT PLAN!!! Y'all are so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Love the pictures! And the recap of your weekend!

I've wondered about that spa in the town square...good to know!

Happy Anniversary.

Nat Pat said...

you guys are so cute. love the pics.