Monday, December 10, 2007

2 posts in 1 day!

I'm about to post twice. I have lots of events to share, but it might take me a while. My fingers are freezing. I got to work this morning and it was 57 degrees in the office. So, needless to say, it hasn't warmed up to much in an hour.

We had an EXTREMELY busy weekend. To be honest, it was really a weekend at all. We apparently tried to pack as many things as possible in....

Friday night we celebrated Thomas's birthday at a place called Dovie's in Addison. PLEASE NEVER GO HERE. That's a lie, you probably could go and have a better dining experience. Needless to say, the party of 17 I was with got ALL of our food for free and free wine. I felt so bad for the manager in charge. She cried! We told her it wasn't her fault!
As soon as we got home we hit the hay.

Saturday morning I forced myself to stay in bed until 10 even thoug Peter was up at 7. As soon as I got up it was WORK, WORK, WORK. Natasha and I aggressively prepared for Rachel and Craig's shower at the house ALL day while the guys tended to the front lawn and bushes and hung Christmas tree lights. Here are pics to document the occasion.








Don't worry, there are 4 stockings. One for me, Peter, Thomas and Natasha. :)
We had a good time, but I was D-E-A-D tired when it was all said and done.

Sunday morning Peter and I woke up around 6ish to head downtown for the White Rock Half Marathon. Peter did a rockin job!!!
He finished in 1 hour and 47 minutes and 55 seconds. WITHOUT REALLY TRAINING!!!!!
Sarah made shirts for us. BUT, becuase it was SO STINKING COLD, we didn't get to show them off very much. Let's just say I WAS NOT prepared for the cold.
We met them at the 6 mile mark and then again at the end. But, I'm retarded and left my camera in the car on teh 6 mile mark.
Here's some pics.





"id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5142378315139254738" />

After the race, Peter and I picked up some soup from Corner Bakery and headed back to the house to warm up and take a nap. I woke up that morning before the race, and still, this morning it was there. I realized that I was dehydrated! I must have forgotten to drink ANY water in the last 3 or 4 days. I'm not sure HOW that happened.
Anyways, after our nap Peter headed to a Christmas party at church without me and I headed to my sister's Young Life "Coffee Talk" Christmas party to lead worship with Jourdan and 2 of my sister's high school girls. We had a great time!! I didn't take any pictures. Maybe my sister will send me some. :)
Anyways, after a packed weekend, we were in bed at 8:45pm last night. It was glorious.

I'm not correcting my spelling mistakes because I'm too tired.
The end.

2 comments:

Andrea W. said...

WHOA Momma! Great house! I am getting so giddy for you!

You are the busiest party-goer ever. I hope you can find some time for some R&R in the midst of your crazy busy December.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Busy busy! The house looks great! We need to meet for dinner one night when y'all are around!