Wednesday, March 14, 2007

This Weekend

Peter and I decided it would be fun to go to the Ft. Worth Zoo this past weekend followed by a trip to Joe T. Garcia's for a late lunch/early dinner!
The zoo was packed! We had to park on the grass, which might have been the culprit for my horrible allergy attack I would have IN the zoo later on! We paid our normal 11 dollars a piece and were on our marry way.
The first thing we saw was this......

The sweet little monkey's. I couldn't get very good pictures but here some that I did get!




I don't know if you can tell but.....this baby is nursing on it's momma's very saggy breast. It was pretty funny watching! I guess he kept biting it's momma and she would pop him on the head! It was hilarious! I couldn't get a good picture of the father, but he was H U G E!!!!!!! It almost scared me.


Here's the best picture I could get of the dad....take a gander!!!


Peter staring at the huge gorilla!! He was pretty enthrolled!


Here we are enjoying the day!! I hate asking people to take pictures for us, so we just did it ourselves!


This monkey had a colorful bottom! How weird is that!!?!??


Elephants....


Lions!


TIGERS!!

BEARS...I mean sleeping bears...oh my!

Peter...enjoying his pickle...meanwhile I'm sneezing my HEAD OFF!!!!!!!


We saw several other animals, but of course I won't bore you with ALL of them! We left and headed to Walgreens so that I could take these.....

Benadryl Allergy Strips!!!

THey didn't kick in as quickly as I would have liked...so I decided to take 2, even though I knew it would knock me out quicker than you can imagine. I enjoyed my Joe T's and quickly started fading. We got in the car about 4:30ish and I was OUT like a light. Peter had to wake me up when we got back to Lewisville. I staggered up the stairs and got straight into bed. I woke up at 8 because my phone was ringing, and then quickly fell back asleep until 8 Sunday morning! This is the 3rd time that this has happened in a few months so yesterday I decided to call the allergist! I am going to fight!!! So, on March 27th, I will hopefully be tested and be given some sort of weekly shot!

Sunday morning we experienced this after church!

Peter and I shared these pancakes. On the menu they were called "A Short Stack," but in person, Holy Cow!!!!! I think everyone needs to stop by Ham N' Eggs on 3040 in Lewisville. The biscuits are actually the size of my head! Some of the boys at the table were spouting off probable bra sizes that the biscuits could have fit in....funny.

So, that was our weekend. I'm on Spring Break right now from subbing. I'm also looking for a more permanent job, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to send them my way!!

4 comments:

Nat Pat said...

Wow...those pancakes look amazing...Weck's has really good ones too...

chavon taylor said...

1. how the heck do you work this thing? how do you add friends blogs on your page? pictures? its overwhelming.

2. how do you get cute backgrounds?

3. i want a biscuit that is a 34C.

campers said...

Oh Joe T's....one of the few things I miss about Ft. Worth!!! What a fun trip to the zoo....makes me want to gander out to the Abilene zoo....although I don't know how entertaining that would be!!!

Andrea W. said...

I am sorry about your awful allergies Molly! In the past year I have been put on Allegra and Nasacort and I am feeling great during this terrible allergy season. I am glad that you are going to the allergist, I am certain that whatever they decide for you will be a blessing!

The zoo looked fun, it is funny to be how similar zoos in TX look, I think we have very similar photos (backgrounds I mean) from the San Antonio zoo. I love reading your blog!