Sunday, March 04, 2007

Glad this week is over....

Well, I had an extremely busy week!!! It was an extremely emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally tiring week! I can say that for sure! Last weekend I led worship with Michael at all 6 services. That in itself can wear one out! Then Monday, I had a horrible allergy attack. So, my day was spent full of Benadryl. That evening I went to the first of 4 days of tryouts at church. I was there 4 and half hours that night. Tuesday, I substitute taught and then had tryouts that evening from 5 until 10:30pm. Peter was asleep both Monday and Tuesday night when I got home. Wednesday morning Peter left for Houston for a conference. I could barely look at him because I knew I wouldn't see him again until Saturday evening. I cried. I know I know...pathetic, but it was our first time apart. I was sad all stinking day long! Wednesday I subbed again and then had auditions for 2 hours. Not so bad. I went home at around 8 and decided to start packing for my trip to Abilene. I went to bed around 10. Well, I tried to go to bed....I sat trying to sleep for several hours, but thanks to my neighbors it was impossible. I have no idea what they were doing, but I called security. Thankfully around 1:30am it stopped. I had to get up at 7 in order get my stuff together and be at church around 8:30am. I left church at 1 and drove straight to Abilene. Here's what I did in Abilene.......


Chopped my hair off. 5.5 inches to be exact. :) I didn't get a before and after picture although I should have.


My hair in December. It was pretty long!!!



Brittney Poe and Baby Quinn's baby shower. I actually look pregnant myself bending over like that. I'm not. Hhaha..




Thompson, Sarah, Brittney and me with my sassy new cut. :) This is my mom's dining room. She worked her hiney off getting the house cleaned for the shower.



A new tradition that we started. We have an old tradition with each one of our weddings, and now we're starting a new one with pregnant tummies. :) The pregnant one of course stands in front.



Our hard work. This is a plaque that Sarah purchased for Brittney. We used it as our theme. We did kind of an antique them. We used black, white and blues. We used toile napkins but you can't see them. I didn't really take a picture of the whole table. I got really artsy fartsy with my camera I guess.



And this is Audrey....my soon to be sister-in-law. She is marrying Peter's brother Kelly on March 24th in Austin. We had a surprise brunch this morning over at Peter's Aunt and Uncle's house. It was a garden theme. They have an incredible backyard with lots of plants. So, on their registry, there were lots of plants. :) I opted for Fiesta Ware. It seemed to be the safest.

I'm glad the week is over. I'm nursing Peter back to health right now. He's running a fever and has a sore throat. Not very exciting after being away from him for almost a week. I made tortilla soup tonight and now we are watching Babel...so far a really cool movie. We watched "The Great Raid" earlier today. It was cool too......
Peter HAS to get well, because we have tickets to see Justin Timberlake in concert tomorrow night. Don't judge us. :)

11 comments:

the thorntons said...

It was so much fun getting to see you AND your new haircut! I hope Peter feels better soon. That stinks! Love ya. :)

Laura said...

It was great to see you and your hair is adorable! You are lucky you can pull off different looks! Have a great week!

Ashley said...

i won't judge the timberlake concert. i went to britney spears when she came to lubbock. that was the one where she walked off the stage and after about 20 minutes of back-up dancers trying to entertain us, they came out and announced that they were cancelling the concert...we got our moneys back. :) although, i won the tickets to begin with...so we got free moneys back. :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Girl, I wouldn't judge you! I may have gone to the American Idol concert 2 years ago....

Um, y'all are so cute with your pregnant tradition pose. Love it! That's Brittney Broyles, correct? And good to see Sarah too!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Also, your hair looks fab.

andydawn said...

Great new cut!! How was the concert....I went to one years ago...well and N'SYNC one. I really wanted to go to the one here in Houston. :)

annalee said...

hi molly,
you are as cute as can be! your haircut might just inspire me to chop my own off! i'm so glad you are loving married life, and thank goodness your husband has such a sweet wife to take care of him while he is sick.

EDS said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! I am tempted to drive to Abilene so your hair stylist can cut mine too. I hope you are all feeling better now.

Sharee Forman said...

Okay, Molly, your hair is so stinkin cute!! I saw in on Britt's blog and had to come tell you! I love it!!

ThePoeFam said...

What a great shower it was! You were so sweet to work so hard to make it an unforgetable day for Baby Quinn and I! I am so blessed...and I can't wait for you to sing to my little man! I know that he's going to love you right away!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! ... And, yes, your hair is too cute for words! Maybe one day I'll be brave and do something not so plain with my hair! I just get too nervous!!!... Hope you're having a great SPRING BREAK week! LOVE YOU!

Richardsons of HV said...

Brides always cut their hair during the first year of marriage...it is a rite of passage. Congrats...you've arrived!