Monday, February 12, 2007

Wolf Creek and a much needed Vacash!

I'm exhausted!!! Me taking a nap on the picnic bench.
I'm not very fashionable...but I'm warm! Peter on the other hand!
Our ski buddies and new friends Kara and Steve Shanks.
Paul and Kelly's heads. More pictures of them to come.
On the way to the slopes

Well, we had a great time in the mountains! Spending 2 days driving there and back in the car was a beating but we made some great friends! We went with several couples young and old from Denton Bible. It was definitely a "skier's trip" meaning all ski, NO SLEEP! Literally, I have NEVER been so tired at the end of the day. I had a little bout of altitude sickness the whole time I was there. But, it didn't stop me from skiing 3 days in a row! we were the first on the mountain and the last to leave everyday! Hilarious... As you can see, I was all about being warm. Thankfully, it wasn't too chilly at all! The sun was out the majority of the time that we were there. Yesterday when we left...at 5 am...6 am Texas time, there was a huge snow storm goin on! We lost a little time. I woke up long enough to go to the bathroom behind a post office with a rabbit watching near by. TMI for everyone I know! :)
Here's a few pics from the trip. The "cool" pics were taken by another couple on the trip. I'll post some of those next week! I was caught "in action" several times jumping or falling. Take your pic!!

Ashley, we had your husband over for dinner tonight. We missed you! I cooked him a healthy dinner of salmon, asparagus, corn on the cob, rice and salad. :) I was sad not to see you guys!

I subbed for an art class today. Needless to say, I was so stinking bored! I was glad to get out though this morning.

I've realized today that I am over-commited in my "bible-studies." Thankfully, I have time to do them all...I'm just nervous I'm not going to get alot out of some of them due to the intensity of others. I'm in the process of going throug the 12 Steps to Recovery right now and it is the most intense of them all. I also started a Beth Moore study with my young married small group girls. We split up during small group time. Then, I'm studying a book for the worship team. Thankfully, the times we meet are spread out. Its the aforementioned book above. It's pretty intense. I just finished the Carolyn Mahaney book and now I started The Power of a Praying Wife. I bought it for $4 at Mardel's. Needless to say, I'm praying that I can take it all in....

I'm ready for another vacash. :)

6 comments:

campers said...

So glad you had fun! Which Beth Moore are you doing....I am in the middle of one right now! I love it! I can't wait to see you soon!

Laura said...

Molly you are so cute in your winter clothes and snow bunny attire! Glad you had a wonderful time! I hope to see you soon!

andydawn said...

Looks like a great time!! You are stylish...more than I ever will be on the slopes. Glad no big storms hit while yall were there.

Them Chandlers said...

Such a cutie! Glad you guys are back! I'll read you my testimony when you get the chance :) hee hee! Can I just say that I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of the try-outs...bless the poor soul who is...oh wait..that's you. Bless you, my child, bless you! It's going to be tough...so many sweet women!! Love you!

Laura said...

You are welcome to stay with us anytime! I am looking forward to seeing you two! A houseful of newlyweds we can all be! And we should be here then. If for some reason we aren't we will leave a key. Lots of love!

ThePoeFam said...

Fun fun! I miss skiing! I haven't been in ages! Anyway, glad you're back and looking forward to seeing you! Did you ever look at those other dinner dates? Let me know! Love you!