Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2 things! :)

Well, we finally got a new truck last night. After 3 weeks of looking for a used, beat up one in our price range, we bought a new one last night. It's a black, 2007, Toyota Tundra. They just came out YESTERDAY. It was basically the LAST thing we were going to do, but we figured it was best to pay of my car so that we would only have one car payment. We're thankful, but we were very scared!!! It took us 6.5 hours at the dealership last night. I picked up Peter from work at 3:30pm, and off we went. That was probably the largest thing I have ever been involved in buying...or financing for that matter. It sure would have been nice to have been car payment, but I know that the Lord honored this decision.

So, anyways, after we got home, I was so tired, I feel asleep on the couch and woke up at 10 something and crawled in bed. I didn't get up until 9.

Today will be spent getting Peter and I ready for our ski trip. We leave at 5 in the morning!! I'm so excited to get away and hit the slopes! It will be so good for us! Now....spending 2 out of the 5 days in the car...ummm...not so much fun, but it'll hopefully be worth it!!

I'll for sure post pics of Peter's truck and our trip when we return!!

Until then, peace out.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on the purchase, that is super exciting! And brand spanking new! woo hoo! Have fun on your ski trip! Lots of love!

andydawn said...

YEAH!!! It is always fun to get a new car.....gotta love the new car smell :) Have fun skiing. I want to see snowy pictures.

campers said...

It was good talking last night...I know y'all are going to have a blast! YEA for the new truck....I am with you...I hate buying cars...you sit forever and play "the game." But it is all worth it in the end!

Them Chandlers said...

Can I come smell your truck???

Have fun skiing :)