Friday, February 16, 2007

"Sparks" were flying on Valentine's Day!!!!

>
href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZZ6QqxROI/AAAAAAAAAGo/ZKWvXhzqNSU/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+001.jpg">


It started off with a beautiful candlelight dinner at our apartment with Thomas, Natasha, Rachel and Craig. I went to the Dollar Store and bought some decorations and we ordered in Parma Italian Restaurant! YUM!


href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZULwqxREI/AAAAAAAAAFY/UyfCiGHDKN0/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+002.jpg">Peter got me these beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day. Little did I know that he hates the small of Star-Gazer Lilies. Bu...aren't they beautiful?!??!!


href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZUMAqxRFI/AAAAAAAAAFg/bMpI7EoxGZ0/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+003.jpg">
We framed funny pictures of the boys and sat them in front of their plate. That was Natasha's idea. This whole thing was supposed to be a surprise.

href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZUMgqxRGI/AAAAAAAAAFo/BPmAAXByThI/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+004.jpg">

THen........the unthinkable happened. Peter's gift for Valentine's Day was an awesome pear/apple/cranberry crisp. Might I mention it took forever for me to cut up the apples and pears. I even cut my fingers twice! They are still tender today. Anyways, that's neither here nor there. Ummm...anyways, well, as you can see from the before pics, our "dining room" is quite small. So, of course I was sitting opposite of the oven. So, sweet Peter kept checking on it after an hour and 15 minutes of cooking. It still wasn't brown on top. Well, sweet Peter decided it would be a good idea to put it on broil without telling me. And, well, he forgot about it. And, well, as you can see, it caught on fire. I didn't get pics of that, unfortunately. But here is the dessert sitting on the back porch.


href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZUOgqxRHI/AAAAAAAAAFw/TzMN3f25ick/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+005.jpg">

Here is Rachel bundled up because well, we had to open both the front and back doors to make the smoke alarm stop sounding. The whole apartment was full of smoke. :)



You can actually see the smoke in this picture. Natasha and Craig are warming up by the stove. :)


href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sDgr2THXb6s/RdZVDgqxRKI/AAAAAAAAAGI/oGi3hFHbNEc/s1600-h/Valentine%27s+Day+008.jpg">

Sweet Peter took the crazy burnt crips off the top. Thomas was having him a little snack. :)


Thomas and Nut being cute.


Craig and Rach being cute. :)

Well.......it seems as if Peter and I didn't get a picture with each other for Valentine's Day. We were too busy..

I hope all of oyou had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)

10 comments:

Mav_Mom said...

Molly - I love reading your BLOG! If ever I need a smile or laugh I know I can count on you!!!

It sounds like you're having a blast being a new wife and I know Peter appreciates all that you do!

Them Chandlers said...

Definitely a "hot" Valentine's date :) Get it? Huh?? Get it??? So good to see you guys tonight! Wish it could have been as relaxing as dinner at Capriccio's!!

the thorntons said...

Well, at least you'll never be able to say that your first Valentine's Day as Mrs. Abrigg went by unnoticed. Geez...I'm glad you didn't burn the apartment down! You make me laugh.

Leslie said...

Hey Molly!
Just ran across your blog! How are you married woman!? So fun to read about what you have been up to.

Laura said...

You are too funny! What exciting stories you always have! Too cute. Yup, got your message and we are def pregnant! I will give you a call back this week, lots of love!

Andrea W. said...

Glad you had such a memorable Valentine's Day!

Jenna said...

Hey Molly,

Love your pictures... You've been very good about posting lately. I've been a slacker, I know! Matt saw your blog last night...and said, "Who did Molly marry?"... I think Peter used to live across the street from Matt. Matt said he remembers Peter being very "cool and athletic". He was impressed with your choice of spouse. :)

Love you!

ThePoeFam said...

You're a mess!!...And, you're being such a great wife! Way to make your first VDAY memorable! Cute story!

a likens said...

Of course I will add you to the right. I miss seeing you Molls. I was thiiiisss close to giving you a call on Friday to catch up. Maybe soon. Ang

MXMiriam said...

If only Jose and I had been there...shoot...I love it. I can see Rach complaining about being freezing right now. :) Love you molls.