Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Blues....

Well, it's Thursday, and usually I'm pumped about Thursday's! They ae my favorite day of the week! But, I'm VERY under the weather today.

This past weekend I sang all 6 services at church, which didn't really wear me out by any means, but I decided it would be fun to work in the nursery on Sunday evening. I guess a few of the babies had a little cold....and you guessed it. They passed it on to me! I took 2 benadryl allergy and boy was that a mistake!
So, Monday I spent pretty much the whole day sneezing! Ugh. The medicine cured it but made me drunk as a sunkkkkkkkkk! It was awesome! But, I still managed to go to the grocery store and cook a fantastic dinner!! We had this chicken that my mom used to cook all the time when I was growing up. I call it Barbeque Chip Chicken. Basically you roll the chicken in flour, then in butter and garlic salt and then you roll it in crushed up barbeque chips. It's really really good! I guess all the butter/chips don't make it too healthy! We ate left over mashed potatoes that Peter cooked for lunch on Sunday and green beans!

So, Tuesday, I woke up and decided to cook brownies. I wasn't smart on Monday night and forgot to take my benadryl before I went to bed. So, I was up most of the night with my drainage going down the back of my throat! It hurt so bad! But, I still managed to be Susie Homeaker and make brownies. I wasn't very impressed with them because I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet. My mom said that in brownies, semi-sweet are actually sweeter. WHAT? But, I took them to Mommy play group anyways. Yes, that's right Mommy Play Group. One of my friends at church, Natalie invited me to come over and play with all the mommies and their babies! I told my friend Sarah she could lend me one of her 2 and then I'd be covered! I had alot of fun, and was definitley over stimulated!

Tuesday afternoon I cooked an awesome recipe of Chicken Tortilla Soup! The first thing it said to do was to chop up an onion and 2 cloves of garlic. I guess I haven't really dealt too much with garlic and so therefore I decided to start chopping up a whole garlic! It seemed like alot to me so I called my parents. Even my dad knew that a clove was just a piece of the garlic! So, I had to throw the rest away. As I was chopping the onions, I was literally crying becuase it was so stout! It was miserable! But, it paid off in the end.
I let it simmer and cook for about an hour and then Peter and I headed to his soccer game. Peter loves soccer and decided to join one of the leagues with a bunch of people from church. I felt like a soccer mommy! It was great! He scored 2 out of the 7 goals, and seemed to score the first goal behind the back! He still has that athletic magic!
So, when we got home, he told me that was the best Chicken Tortilla Soup he had ever had! It made my day.

Tuesday night I managed to go ahead and take 2 benadryl allergy! :) I slept all through the night and pretty much into Wednesday! :) Hilarious. My fingers smelt like garlic and onions so it woke me up pretty abruptly. Anyone know a secret to get that off your fingers???

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I felt pretty awful all day. I decided to take a quick trip to Blockbuster and rent some movies. Thank goodness I got all the laundry done and dinner cooked, but I still felt pretty bad on into the evening. It was Sloppy Joe night! Peter suggested and I said yes. :) But, I don't eat left over sloppy joes so it's all his! :)

Last night, I got ZERO sleep. I got up about 5 this morning and ate a bowl of cereal and took some benadryl. So, I went back to bed at about 545 and slept till 11. Nice. Today's been pretty much of a waste!!!

This weekend we are going to Abilene. Peter and our friend Thomas are going hunting with my dad. So, I'm just going to hang out with mom all weekend and make her give me some drugs so I can get over this funk!!!

Sunday evening Peter and I are trying out our first married small group. I'm sort of looking forward to it, but am a little apprehensive at the same time! I'm ready to meet more people through the church.

Anyways, I'm tired now, so I'm going to finish my hot tea and lay down!

I'll post pictures next time from last weekend's Sushi Fun Night!!
Bye

6 comments:

Them Chandlers said...

Are you coming tonight?? I know you're feeling under the weather, but I would LOVE to see you twice in 3 days...woohoo! Any kind of allergy/cold medicine makes me trip...so weird...I hate taking them. And to answer your question, I have no idea how to get the garlic/onion smell off your hands...mine still stink from Monday night...yuck! Love you!

Laura said...

So I know you're probably sick of comments from me since we haven't seen each other in almost ten years, but I know the answer to your question! One of my friends works at Williams-Sonoma and she told me a while ago that you just have to rub your fingers on something stainless steel -usually your faucet will work- to get the smell to go away. Hope this helps!

allyo said...

Hey Moppy-Rub your fingers on your stainless steel sink...it works; I do it all the time. Next time you have Sushi Fun night, count Jay and I in...we LOVE Sushi!! Hope you start feeling better. Have fun in A-town.

Love you!

campers said...

Sorry, I don't have any remedies for the smell! Could I hire you to come cook our dinners? Call me this weekend! We are in a tourny here in town, but maybe we can do lunch or coffee! Love you!

andydawn said...

You're a tough cookie....when I am sick I am a huge baby :) ESM tried to send my sister an email through my space and denied him really quick.....crazy thing, he lives in Katy...thank goodness I have not seen him. Thank chicken barbeque chip recipe sounds great...I would love the recipe to try it. Hope you have a great weekend.

Them Chandlers said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you and Peter are okay! So sorry about the truck :( I was at Matt's parents' house this morning. He called me to tell me about the wreck...crazy! Well...ya'll stay home tonight!!! :) Love you!