Thursday, October 26, 2006

Well, it's Thursday again. It seems that Thursday is the perfect day to upate the blog.
It might be the last update for a while. Why you say, because tomorrow is my last day here at Mediajuice where the computer is very accessible. I don't have a computer at home. Rachel does, but I rarely mess with it becuase she has so many important things on it. It's slow as Christmas too..no offense Rachel. I've been praying for the Lord to provide for her a computer so that she can work really fast on her pictures!

Anyways, well...let's see.

Last Friday night, me, Peter, Rachel, Craig, Natasha and Thomas decided to take a trip to the State Fair. I had never been so I was pretty pumped. I felt guilty for wanting to go because Peter was so stinking tired! He's so great about being in community though. He desires it as much as I do! Anyways, it was a fun filled night. We were starving when we got there. Peter went straight to get a corn dog and a root beer. Quickly following that stop, I got a turkey leg. It probably weighed a good 5 pounds. I shared it with everyone. I of course was sick of it after about 10 bites. Suprisingly enough, I was full after that. Then we decided to walk towards the rides. None of us wanted to spend the money to ride them but it sure was fun to watch them. I love the fair. I love the carny's too. I think I want to be a carny for Halloween. Peter suggested it and I quickly agreed! :) Anyways, after walking around the rides we decided to go to the barns to see all the animals. I was pretty pumped up about this. I was disappointed at first becuase all I saw were cows laying down. We finally found a barn full of lambs, pigs and such. We saw the 1400 pound pig with the biggest set of....well you know what I'm going to say here. I for sure gave the pig a few scratches on the ear. He was very sweet. Then we found this big fenced in area with every kind of animal known to man. We sat and watched for about 30 minutes laughing our heads off. I felt like there were some inbred animals in there from the things they were doing. There were camels, llamas, billy goats, emus/ostriches, deer?, pony's etc. It was fantastic!! Then we felt the need to find a funnel cake. We searched all over the park for one. Finally we found one. I was full after about 2 bites. What was wrong with me? Peter got a fried snicker's bar. He ate about 2 bites. I'd say we wasted a ton of money on food we didn't eat. I left the park with a box full of peppermint taffy. I've eaten about 3 pieces of it. I wanted it to be soft and well, it was hard! What a disappointment. Overall, I'd say my first State Fair experience was fantastic!!!

Saturday I slept in until around 10. It felt good to sleep in. Then Peter and I made a trip to Baja Fresh for lunch. I had to be at the church for rehearsal at 3:30. I was there until 6:30. I then went over to Peter's for dinner. He made us his favorite meal. Sausage, saurkraut, and salad with mashed potatoes. We then went and rented United 93 and I played with Michael's puppy Bella. She kept biting me and Michael was just yell NO BELLA over and over. It was funny.
I was in bed by 11:15 on Saturday night.

Sunday I sang all 4 services. What a whirlwind of a day. I was exhausted come 9 oclock on Sunday night. I was in bed by 10 not wanting to get up the next morning.

This week has been pretty busy. It's gone by slow because I am excited for this weekend. Tonight after work I'm going to get a manicure/pedicure so I don't look like I live on a farm. Then I need to come home and clean my room while watching my favorite Thursday night TV!!!

5 comments:

campers said...

WE saw that pig last yr when we went to the Fair...B was fascinated...We actually had to take a pic! Glad y'all had fun...see ya Friday!

andydawn said...

A fried snicker bar.....that sounds yummy...i also love funnel cakes. Last time I was at the fair..the State Fair I saw Matthew M. (the actor...don't know how to spell last name.) He was decked out in UT gear. Hope you have a great weekend.

campers said...

Yeah for the last day of work!!!!!!

EDS said...

When we lived in TN, we passed a pig farm on our wat to B's parent's house. One time, I made him back up b/c I couldn't believe my eyes. One of the pigs had you know whats the size of bowling balls...NO EXAGERATION. He had to be uncomfortable.

How are the plans going? Sorry I can't make the shower...you'll still get your gift though :)

Laura said...

Precious, you get married in a month and 7 days right? I hope you are enjoying your time off and I can't wait to see you in a white dress! Oh and can you update your blog ;).