Thursday, October 19, 2006

The time is coming near

Well, it's getting even closer! One month and 27 days to be exact.
Peter and I just finished our 4th week of Pre-Marrital counseling. I acutally love it and am learning so much about the institute of marriage and the main purpose of it all.
I'm so excited to get to live life with Peter and be under the same roof!
Next weekend we have 2 showers and then the weekend after that we have a shower as well. We/I am going to be so busy writing Thank you's and sorting through gifts.
Tomorrow we're going to look at a condo in a part of town that I love. We've been looking so hard for a condo type place to live instead of your ole' run of the mill apartment! Neither one of us have any desire to live in an apartment. I've been lucky enough to not hae to have lived in apartment type setting since living in Dallas.
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR. People keep opening the door and my desk is right by the door! It's COLD today! I love it though! Fall is here! Yupeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I think Peter and I will try to go to the State Fair on Friday night if it's not to cold. I haven't been yet and really want to go.

Well, this past weekend we had a great time in Austin. We took a detour and went to this little town called Lorena to do a little antique shopping. I found this breakfast nook that I wanted...it wasn't antique and it definitely wasn't in our price range. It so cool! It was this lime green color that was distressed and had these iron things on the front! I obviously can't describe it well enough. We got to Round Rock and decided to stop at the outlet malls there. Peter and I each came out with 2 shirts from Banana Republic. We spent a good 2 hours there. We had a good time. Then we headed into to town to go pick up Kelly, Peter's brother at his salon. He own's his own salon on Guadaloupe right across the street from UT. After that we went to his house to pick up his fiance' Audrey. We then went to this really awesome Mexican food place. Thank goodness it wasn't crowded because everyone was at the UT/Baylor game. We got finished as soon as everyone was coming in. After that we went back to Kelly's house. He has an incredible backyard so we just sat out there and enjoyed the cool weather. I went to bed before everyone because I'm a loser. Sunday morning everyone woke up late and Audrey cooked us pancakes and eggs. It was really good. After Kelly finally woke up around noon we headed over to the Buffalo Exchange to shop. I left with a pair of shoes that are awesome and Peter came out with a shirt. We are obviously quite the shoppers. If you know me you know this is true about me.

Let's see, tonight I'm going to do my usualy Grey's Anatomy/Ugly Betty watching. I love TV on Thursday nights! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Friday the 27th is my last official day of work. It's going to be a weird feeling...but I'm pretty darn excited about just chillin for a month before the wedding. After we get married I will substitute teach and just concentrate on being a wife. After that, if I am getting bored and feel like I need a REAL job again, then I will seek after that. I'm thinking Peter will just enjoy me being home when he gets there!

Anyways, I'll be a busy bee this weekend. I'm singing all 5 services on Saturday and Sunday so not much of a weekend for me. But, I enjoy serving at the Village and will serve there as long as the Lord allows! :) I love my church.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday. I just ate Chick-fil-a for the 2nd time in 2 days. AWESOME! So, I'm ready to go!!!

Bye for now!

7 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Um, you were about 5 minutes from my house ...

andydawn said...

I love to shop too!! Weird after 9 months of wearing maternity clothes I have forgotten what clothes I own. It is fun rediscovering my clothes again :)

the thorntons said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I'm so excited for your big day, but more importantly for the marriage that follows. Being a wife is so much fun!!!! Can't wait to see you soon.

Mav_Mom said...

I love reading your blog - it makes me smile and laugh. We are so exciting for the big day and I know you will make a wonderful wife!

Love,
Cheryl

ThePoeFam said...

wooooo hooooo! Can't wait! :)

Laura said...

I am so sad I didn't get to see you in Round Rock Molly! We live, literally, 2 minutes from the outlet malls! I love those outlets! Dang American Airlines! And good luck with the next 2 months because they will go by so fast! And then you get to be marriaged! Woo hoo!

Laura said...

Pete ran 3:19:49, I'm about to post some pics and more info on my blog, so feel free to check it out!