Friday, August 07, 2009

LITTLE T UPDATE AND NURSERY PICS!!!!!

Okay well, I'll start off in the hallway on the way to Titus' room. I had this old shelf I bought at Target about 7 years ago and decided to paint it and put fabric on the backing to make it MUCH more stylish. I just threw some stuff on there last night, so that's probably not what it will look like. Please excuse the dust on the mirror.

I love the fabric here. It's got the iced blue outlining each one of the little shapes. Isn't it lovely. Apparently I didn't paint the under side of the shelves. Who is going to look up there anyways!!!! :)


Here's the pack and play. It's currently hanging out in the dining room. We just got the carpets cleaned yesterday, so it's just another decoration. I really wanted this orange and brown polka dotted one, but they ran out at babies r us, so my mom bought me this cute one at wal-mart. I love it.

She also bought the travel system stroller and carseat. I love it! It's so preppy!! Thanks mom! Titus WILL be stylish. :)

Here's the carseat with toys already attached. :) We haven't installed it yet, obviously.

HIS ROOM! THESE are in SUCH RANDOM ORDER! I should have done a slideshow but I'm not patient! Brittney, will you help me make my blogger cooler! HELLO!!!!!
So, you'll first see inside his changing table drawers. Here's some blankets. On your right you will see Muslin wraps. I'm really excited about using them. Below there you'll see bibs and another changing pad, and some clothes and shoes, etc.


Here is the armoir. My sister gave me this piece because it didn't quite go in her house. It goes perfect in Titus' room. It's a bit cramped, but I needed the drawer space. Apparently I should start learning to read again. I've forgotten.

Here's his closet. The door is in the garage. It has to be painted and shaved down before we put it back on. I got the orange and green crates at Wal-mart for $2.50 a piece! They will come in handy! Right now they are empty. ;) I hung up several things and then kept several things in the drawers..

This quilt was made with love by Peter's mom. It's an old timey cowboy print. I love it!! She' an amazing quilter!!! She always puts a square naming it and saying who it is from. She named it the "Rockin' T."

Another close up of the quilt! :) She calls them Nana quilts.

My boppy cover! I LOVE IT! Thanks to Rachel and Etsy. :)

Here are his letters made by Linde! I posted about here a few days ago! She specializes in kid's rooms, however, she did some work in our other house! She's fantastic!!

Titus! I love the sound of that!! You can see we painted the walls a slate gray color. It took us about 4 times to get here. We ended up using the SAME color as our bathroom at the old house. I don't know why it took so many times to figure that out!

A picture of his orange chair that rocks! IT is SOOO comfortable. The ottoman rocks as well!! Thanks to Sarah for the polkadot blanket and TJMaxx home goods for the night stand. It matched perfectly!!

Below you'll see the hanging colorful balls! We got those at World Market! You can put lights in them, but I got nervous, so we just left them out! :) They are one of my favorite parts of the room!

Inside his cribs you'll see Bumpkins on the far left. The baby rabbit. This was Peter's when he was a baby. This was the ONLY thing that would put him to sleep at night. You would have to rub Bumpkins ears on Peter's face. So, his mom gave us a new HUGE bumpkins and we found the old one in Peter's stuff in the attic. There's also an OWL lovie thanks to Kallie and a precious puppy dog from Katie! :)

Here's our inspirations for the room. I found this bedding pretty quick after we found out. It's a pretty modern DWELL STUDIO Transportation theme. I loved the simplicity of it. We didn't really want a theme, but they have kid's bedding for this, so I was going with cost effective here!
YOu can see the modern octagon print on the sheet and comforter and different boxes with color and a different form of transportation.

Here's a view when you walk into the room. Peter worked so hard on the floor! The rug is from Target. It adds a bit more color to the room. I was glad for the Navy so I could get some black out curtains. Thank you Walmart for the curtains and Target for the rug.

A close up of the Peter made floor! I LOVE IT! It's a distressed white look. Reminds me of Anthropologie's floor.

Charlie LOVES the rug and Titus' room. :)

Here's the changing table area. I accidentally cut of the 4 mirrors. Thank you Walmart and $5 a piece!!!!!!!
Well, I guess that's it!! This took forever by the way. Some day I'll figure out how to maket his faster.
We had a sonogram this morning! FINALLY! I haven't seen this sweet boy since 19 weeks!! He's "measuring" 7lbs 4 oz right now. The lady said that's give or take half a pound. I'm hoping for the lighter end, because if he keeps growing! DEAR ME OH MY! The doctor warned me we may have a big baby. I'm 1/2 centimeter dialated and 50% effaced and my due date from sono comes out to be August 22nd. He STILL won't change my due date. So, I'm just going to accept that he may be here by then or he may not. I am progressing though!!!! I'm going to start walking this kid out!! He's cramped up in a ball on my right side. In the sono he was holding his feet with his hands! That's about the only thing I recognized! :) Everything looks perfect so far, praise JESUS!!!! So, I'm just praying for a "V" birth and no C Section. However, if I do have a 9 lb baby, I may opt for a C section. :) Just saying. He gave me the "you're small and the baby is big" speech. Thanks DOC.
Anyways, my mom is here this weekend and we just finished off Cheesecake factory. I had the yummy Santa Fe salad and we all split Strawberry Shortcake. I'm currently in a food coma...
Well, hope you enjoy!!!!!!

20 comments:

Sarah Durham said...

Love the room Molly! You are so talented! Titus is a lucky little guy! Best of luck!

Kalliemack said...

molly-

I love it... and now want to use the mirror idea... I wont copy. Titus will love his room from his mommy and daddy. Cant wait for Titus and Copeland to play while we walk (wink wink)

Keely Trout said...

I love it MOLZ!!! Can't wait to see the little man!

Jamie said...

The room looks great!! I am excited for you, it is such a special season for you.

Casey said...

SO CUTE! I love your sense of style.

Ashley said...

YAY! I LLLOOOOVVVEEE the gray colors! makes everything pop. i mean, i named my KID Grey, for heaven's sake! HA! and i see that "my" outfit is hanging in the closet! :) can't wait to see him!

Kristyn said...

The room looks amazing! I love all the color and the floors! You will love having it ALL done when he gets here and then you can just sit back and enjoy your new babe!! :) Great work!!!!

erin f. said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE his room. So cool! It is something he can grow into also. You guys have been hard at work, because it looks awesome!

The due date being off thing is so annoying, I know that mine is off by 4 days and I am scared of having a big baby and no one knows it!

Allison said...

His room looks FANTASTIC!! All you need now is for Mr. Titus to come on! I love every detail of his room. From the floor to the bedding....it's adorable!

Brianna said...

So cute! Can't wait to see it with little Titus sleeping soundly in it!

kristin fulghum said...

hey molly, this is kristin levrets from abilene. titus' room is precious! good luck with the delivery...can't wait to see pics of the cutie.

Amanda said...

That nursery is AWESOME! One of the best boy rooms I've ever seen! The rug really brings it together. I love, love, love it! It pulled on my heartstrings to see the closet with all the clothes and footie pajamas. I love baby boys. :)

annalee said...

that room is PERFECT for titus! i love the letters linde did. so excited for you.

the thorntons said...

Looks like everything is ready...we just need a baby to fill that room now!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

I always love your decorating Molly! So fun!! I love everything. Normally baby bedding can be cheesy but that is so sophisticated yet precious and cute. LOVE the orange chair!

Mindy Rives said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice job!!! Titus will look so hip in his little room!

ErikaSams said...

Molly - I LOVE it!!! I love the orange and blue - so adorable!! (Oh and by the way thanks for the GREAT idea re: the book shelf in the hall - I am definitely going to try that at some point - what a great idea and so cute!) He will love his room :)

Jenny Wakulat said...

Molly--its Andrea's sister Jenny...Love the room. Its so sweet and such a lil boy room. Just to let you know I just had a 9lb 6 oz baby via c-section and I will say that for me a c-section was the way to go! The incision is small and I literally felt NOTHING! And recovery was so easy!

Laura said...

I love it Molly! Oh my gosh, you are the most talented friend I have! You and Linz! I can't wait to send you your stuff.

The Perkins Family said...

Hi - Do you love your transportation canvas from dwell? It's so cute and I'm debating getting it for my son's room. He also has gray walls....and I'm looking for an art piece to tie in orange and brown.